Senior Helpers Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

Client Services and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Whiting, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, NJ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Senior Helpers in March 2012.

Easy Hitring process however had one follow-up with a manager and owner after phone interview.. Background check was completed- was approved and accepted offer jobabout a week later, on a part-time trial basis. Training was good...followed the Senior helpers Franchise Model.

Interview Questions
    • What's more important loving what I do or the money? A labor of love is the right answer in this business!   Answer Question
    negotiated up a dollar an hour - gfot it!

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lima, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Senior Helpers in November 2012.

Went to a local library and met up with one of their nurses. She was kind,friendly and asked a lot of questions about myself and my family. She was easy going and easy to get to know. She's always nice now and continues to help.

Interview Questions
    • Something about BP or some other thing. I did well enough to get hired in.   Answer Question

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Senior Helpers in January 2014.

It was a pretty easy process, I went into the building where they took my information that I needed to bring. I sat down in the waiting room for about 10-15 mins then was taken back to the room to get interviewed. The lady asked me pretty simple questions:
    What makes you think you would be a good fit for this company?
    If your client was yelling at you, what would you do?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses? etc.
    They also asked when I was able to work, if you can do overnight...and criminal charges. It was a simple interview.

Interview Questions
    You weren't able to negotiate they told you how much you will get. Either for a companion or a CNA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Senior Helpers in September 2013.

2 hours after I apply they call for interview it was the next day, immediately after I filled out my W2s, canceled check for direct deposit,When I call them they say the same thing "we'll call when we get a client" Why did they place ad?

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle it when a patient gets in your face and yells at you?   View Answer
    A month later and still waiting for a client. Don't place ad or hire before you have a client.

Community Outreach - Sales, Marketing of Services Interview

Very, very thorough. The entire interviewing process took several lengthy interviews with everyone over a few months. You were also given a test regarding certain computer skills as well as having to write short essays in response to certain questions. Need to provide a lengthy reference list - the people will be called, backround check.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or unusual. Mostly repetitive questions about how you would get clients   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Senior Helpers.

Easiest interview I've ever done. I seemed to be the only non-immigrant there waiting to interview. Others were dressed in light wash jeans :\ The woman seemed desperate to hire me. Before the interview even began she copied my driver's license, insurance, etc. which was weird. Then immediately after the interview she took my photo for my nametag and had me fill out hiring papers, all without even asking me if I was interested in the job (which I WASNT, since they wanted to pay me a pathetic $9.50 an hour.)
    When they kept calling me after that hounding me to take the job, it really made me wonder if this place is a scam or something. o.o

I didn't go to college to make less than 20,000 a year.

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Senior Helpers in May 2011.

When you enter the office for the interview you are handed a questionnaire to fill out. This will give them an idea of your knowledge and employment history. Then you will be interviewed and they will go over the questions with you.

Interview Questions
    Not any room for negotiation that I noticed. They told me what amount they start HHA's out at and you can either say yes or no.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harleysville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harleysville, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Senior Helpers in October 2011.

I heard of the opening from a family friend at church, who also works for Senior Helpers. I emailed her my resume on Monday, she passed it to the owner, who contacted me two days later for an interview on Wednesday. I came to the office 10 minutes early and was kept waiting for 20 minutes past the interview time. Good interview, the owner is a friendly and conversational guy. He asked me to come back on Thursday to talk to the current office manager, then he called me on Friday to offer me the job. I started that next Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult. Basic questions were asked.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was offered the position and only told afterwards the pay rate. I should have been more assertive with a higher rate, but I was young, so I just took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Senior Helpers in May 2012.

I was contacted on the phone asked a few questions, then brought in for a 1:1 interview. I was then given a caregiver test. I need to get a FBI check and will be going back for orientation tomorrow.

Community Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Senior Helpers.

A bit too lay back and 'friendly'. Hiring people with no car when one is needed to perform duties

Worked for Senior Helpers? Contribute to the Community!