Senior Helpers

1.8

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Senior Helpers.

Applied online and received a call the very next day. They were extremely friendly, polite, and inviting over the phone interview.
    Went in the following week for in-person interview and was treated really well again and had a very funny and pleasant HR manager conduct the interview.

Only negative is the wages/ pay range wasn't discussed and I personally forgot to ask for the details I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to explain my personal experience with helping/assisting seniors in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Senior Helpers in September 2014.

Was called for an interview, it was very odd. I was just asked questions from a piece of paper where, the interview was an hour long and I felt like it really didn't matter what I said i was already getting the job. Pay was not discussed and orientation was right after the "interview"

Interview Questions
    I was never offered the job, it was expected that I was going to take it. My pay was not discussed, I had to call after and she had to call me back to find out.

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Senior Helpers in January 2014.

It was a pretty easy process, I went into the building where they took my information that I needed to bring. I sat down in the waiting room for about 10-15 mins then was taken back to the room to get interviewed. The lady asked me pretty simple questions:
    What makes you think you would be a good fit for this company?
    If your client was yelling at you, what would you do?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses? etc.
    They also asked when I was able to work, if you can do overnight...and criminal charges. It was a simple interview.

Interview Questions
    You weren't able to negotiate they told you how much you will get. Either for a companion or a CNA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Senior Helpers in September 2013.

2 hours after I apply they call for interview it was the next day, immediately after I filled out my W2s, canceled check for direct deposit,When I call them they say the same thing "we'll call when we get a client" Why did they place ad?

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle it when a patient gets in your face and yells at you?   View Answer
    A month later and still waiting for a client. Don't place ad or hire before you have a client.

Community Outreach - Sales, Marketing of Services Interview

Very, very thorough. The entire interviewing process took several lengthy interviews with everyone over a few months. You were also given a test regarding certain computer skills as well as having to write short essays in response to certain questions. Need to provide a lengthy reference list - the people will be called, backround check.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or unusual. Mostly repetitive questions about how you would get clients   Answer Question

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Senior Helpers in November 2012.

Went to a local library and met up with one of their nurses. She was kind,friendly and asked a lot of questions about myself and my family. She was easy going and easy to get to know. She's always nice now and continues to help.

Interview Questions
    • Something about BP or some other thing. I did well enough to get hired in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Senior Helpers.

Easiest interview I've ever done. I seemed to be the only non-immigrant there waiting to interview. Others were dressed in light wash jeans :\ The woman seemed desperate to hire me. Before the interview even began she copied my driver's license, insurance, etc. which was weird. Then immediately after the interview she took my photo for my nametag and had me fill out hiring papers, all without even asking me if I was interested in the job (which I WASNT, since they wanted to pay me a pathetic $9.50 an hour.)
    When they kept calling me after that hounding me to take the job, it really made me wonder if this place is a scam or something. o.o

I didn't go to college to make less than 20,000 a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Senior Helpers in May 2012.

I was contacted on the phone asked a few questions, then brought in for a 1:1 interview. I was then given a caregiver test. I need to get a FBI check and will be going back for orientation tomorrow.

Client Services and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Senior Helpers in March 2012.

Easy Hitring process however had one follow-up with a manager and owner after phone interview.. Background check was completed- was approved and accepted offer jobabout a week later, on a part-time trial basis. Training was good...followed the Senior helpers Franchise Model.

Interview Questions
    • What's more important loving what I do or the money? A labor of love is the right answer in this business!   Answer Question
    negotiated up a dollar an hour - gfot it!

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harleysville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harleysville, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Senior Helpers in October 2011.

I heard of the opening from a family friend at church, who also works for Senior Helpers. I emailed her my resume on Monday, she passed it to the owner, who contacted me two days later for an interview on Wednesday. I came to the office 10 minutes early and was kept waiting for 20 minutes past the interview time. Good interview, the owner is a friendly and conversational guy. He asked me to come back on Thursday to talk to the current office manager, then he called me on Friday to offer me the job. I started that next Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult. Basic questions were asked.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was offered the position and only told afterwards the pay rate. I should have been more assertive with a higher rate, but I was young, so I just took it.