Senior Lifestyle

Interviews for Top Jobs at Senior Lifestyle

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Senior Lifestyle in June 2013.

The interview process just took so long. I initially found an ad on CraigsList and I sent in my resume. I got a call back after two days and was interviewed on the phone, then I was asked to come in for an in-face interview for the following day. I came in and met with my supervisor and a fellow server I'd be working with. They were nice, asked if I was organized, how I would deal with elderly people (since this is a retirement home), and so on. They wound up giving me a tour of the kitchen and dining room and then ushered me back outside and said they would get back to me. I was called up by a different woman a few days later, who said she would like me to come in for another interview. This is when I met with Jan, she asked me questions that I honestly can't remember now, but I do remember being nervous. She said that everything went well and offered me a candy and that she would like me to come back in for another "interview".

The next interview was a few days later. She gave me a purple folder with a stack of papers for my own keeping as well as had me fill out a ton of papers. After paper filling was complete, she gave me a drug test. It was a q-tip looking thing that I had to keep under my tongue for a few minutes. It was very salty! She said that if my drug test came back clean that she would have me come back in.

When the drug test came back, I was offered the job. But I was also told that I would need to get my blood drawn and a series of two shots over the next two weeks. I can't remember what it was. Sorry, but nothing serious. They just want to make sure it's okay for you to be serving food to elderlies. So, I wasn't able to start working until the series of shots were finished. So in the end, I applied for the job in late June and didn't start working until the 27th of July. LOOONNNG PROCESS.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Senior Lifestyle in January 2008.

The only question they asked me was "Can you start tomorrow". They didn't really ask me anything else, they just told me what the job was about and what I was going to be doing. So it wasn't difficult at all just make you are clear and concise with what days you are unavailable to work.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you are clear with what days you are unavailable to work! They will tell you that you must be able to work on the weekends. Also, make sure you have three references that know you applied because they will not hire you if all three of your references do not respond. Come dressed up when you go in for the interview!