Sensata Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.2

Mechanical Engineer - Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got their call the next day after campus career fair. And I was invited to their Fantastic Friday next week. We had 3 technical interviews and one HR interview.
    The first Technical interview went well for me and we had nice conversations.
    HR interview was good also(I thought).
    Then I started to fell tired, because I got too excited and did not sleep the night before.
    The 2nd technical interview was not all about technical, he asked me a lot on my past experience . At last, he picked a component and asked me how this was made.
    The last technical interview was similar to 2nd one. He asked about my past experience and at last he asked me a intelligence question about how to arrange 4 people to go across a bridge with just one flash light in the night. I have limited time and I felt exhausted and I didn't give out the answer.

Anyway, as my 1st interview in my life , I did my best. I'm an international student from China. I would call this interview a positive experience for me. If they knew me better, they would know that I was the best candidate. But how would they knew me as well as I did?

my advice is: relax and be your self. U can never be fully prepared. I spent a whole week on this interview and they had questions that caught me off guard. relax, you have plenty of chances in the future.

Interview Questions

• Heat transfer(not simple at all, u have to use ideal gas eons and mass conservation);
      component;
      intelligence question .

No need to prepare these questions, as I said, relax and be your self.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sensata in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager never reviewed my resume and was shocked to see the kind of work i do at my current job. The interviewer works on joysticks and pedals and all he knows is how shafts work and their applications. 9 out of 10 questions included shafts and he never asked any question related to mechanical design. He thinks he is a very intelligent and had no clue on basic mechanical design questions. Its just waste of my time and their money to invite someone onsite without reviewing the resume. They do care "technical aptitude" but it is very confined to their work area and the interviewer never knew what ABAQUS was but he runs simulations in other software's.

Interview Questions

• Joystick....joystick and joysticks again..!!   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sensata.

Interview

Had interviews, followed up several weeks later, never heard anything back. Felt like they had no understanding of the candidate they were looking for other than someone who has experience who will work for cheap.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve yourself here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sensata in November 2014.

Interview

Talked to Sensata at career fair, received an on campus interview, pretty straightforward. Asked basic circuit fundamentals. Invited to 2nd round interview at their main facility in Attleboro. Had 3 technical interviews, 1 HR interview. Asked about current and voltage through a charging discharging capacitor, opamps, and resistive networks. 1st interviewer told me they weren't looking for EE's in programming, rather EE/ME integration. Wish I had known that going in.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on that relates to the analog domain?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sensata.

Interview

I was recruited from a career fair at my university and invited to attend the Fantastic Friday event. There were 4 interviews--3 technical and 1 with an HR rep. During 2 of the 3 technical interviews, the interviewers were texting/looking at their phones while I was speaking which was incredibly rude!

Interview Questions

• Why does a glass rod get stronger as it is pulled repeatedly to failure?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sensata.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter on campus following my career fair. I was called in for an interview with a current member of the engineering team at Sensata. He was very cordial but did not try to sell the company very hard. I believe I did fairly poorly in the interview because it was one of the first ones that I had as an undergraduate. I did not get any second round interview.

Interview Questions

• A question about gravity on different celestial bodies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sensata.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship.
    First I submit my resume at the job fair at my university.
    And then the next week I received an email of the onsite interview next day. It was so quick.
    Next day 1 to 1 interview at my college. And every one have 20 to 30 minutes interview.
    There is 2 main team, one mainly doing the sensors design they prefer students who have circuits background and knowing of mechanical and control is plus.

Interview Questions

• Basically, I speak almost 20m out of 25m. And didn't be asked any difficult questions. The questions are related to circuits basics.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met at a career fair. Flipped my resume over and started asking technical questions. Once i answered these questions I was offered another interview slot. After more technical interview questions at the interview i was asked to go to a "fantastic Friday". It was a day of tours and 5 different interviews with different people at the company. 4 were technical interviews. One was an hr interview.

Interview Questions

• Dynamics question, rolling wheel with linkage system, what was instantaneous center, velocities at multiple points on wheel and linkage system   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sensata.

Interview

Had an on campus interview after applying through my school website. The process was very efficient. It was mostly technical questions from basic circuits, but there were some trickier questions asked. Didn't go over my resume as much as expected. Asked questions about impedance, filters, op-amps, etc. Reviewing introductory circuits would be good for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how a transformer worked, which I covered in physics two years ago; and haven't looked at since.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sensata in September 2014.

Interview

Got interview through college recruiting. 45 mins interview with an Electrical Engineer, some non-technical questions about your resume, and most part are technical questions. Very basic about control system, RC circuit, op amp and circuit design.

I am still waiting for second round of interview which will be on site.

The questions are:

Inverted amplifier and non-inverted amplifier.
    time constant for RC circuit
    how long does it take for capacitor to fully charge.