Sensata Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
60 interviews

3.2

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sensata in February 2014.

University Recruiting. They organized a information session and collected resume in career fair. Went through your resume and asked some detail questions regarding your experience. Also asked questions about the course, major in University. They would inform you for next round interview at the day.

Interview Questions
    • Questions covered tell me about yourself, experience in resume, why company.and so on   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Attleboro, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sensata.

On-campus interview as a part of career fair. This interview was mainly technical focused on Op-amps.
    Selected candidates were called for a Fantastic Friday event at the Attleboro center where the process was a day long. There were four rounds of technical interviews (each for about half an hour) followed by a quick HR round and company visit. The interview questions were pretty easy and related to basic analog building blocks.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a pressure sensor and was explained about the failure occurring in the sensor. I was then asked to suggest the root cause of failure with possible steps of debugging.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sensata.

I first talked to someone and handed my resume to someone at a career fair at my school. I received a call a scheduled a preliminary interview on campus. It went well and then I received a invitation to come to their headquarters for the "Fantastic Friday". It was indeed on Friday, during the fall school year so I could not attend the first two, luckily there was a third "Fantastic Friday" I could attend. It was kinda grueling Friday, with 4 interviews with; 3 with engineers who basically verbally give you an engineering exam, and 1 with someone from HR.

Interview Questions
    • A question asking for a full explanation of heat transfer.   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sensata in March 2014.

On campus hiring process. Interview was simple, just basic electronics questions were asked. The interviewer went through a few of the projects on my resume. Then he started asking me basic questions in electronics. First he asked me to explain what a low pass filter is, then questions on BJT and forward biased diode characteristics. Difference between BJT and FET.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sensata in May 2014.

I received a very rude phone call from the HR "Professional" doing the first screening interview. All he wanted to know was the yearly revenue of the current company I worked for and also asked me where was my accent from. Then without asking any other question he told me that I was definitively not what they where looking for and that he had no more questions for me. It seriously was a 2 minutes very demeaning and almost raciest two questions conversation.

Interview Questions
    • How much is the Yearly revenue of the company that you currently work for?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer - Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Sensata.

The interviewer was late to the call and seemed unprepared. He asked very oddly structured questions which seemed intent on catching you, as opposed to seeing what you know.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me what MOSFETs were... and seemed surprised when I began explaining how they worked as opposed to what MOSFET stood for.   View Answer

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sensata.

Went through a college career fair, got an interview without asking, and then went through an on-campus interview session. Got invited to Fantastic Friday along with 30 other people and went through 4 interviews, 3 engineering and 1 HR. Mostly everyone was friendly, overwhelmingly male, and one of the interviewers was ridiculously difficult and unhelpful. Had a tour of the campus, which was nice. Nothing too special, but they ask thermo, electrical, fluids, calculus, and design questions. Some interviewers may help you through them, others will not.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected, everything was the generic engineering questions and some common HR questions.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sensata in November 2013.

There were 4 interviewers for each candidate. Each of them were asking different theme of questions. For instance, in my case, the first interviewer asked me about digital and analogue basic, 2nd asked about board level specifics, 3rd asked about high school physics and the last one was the HR asking about my ambitions and stuff like that.

Interview Questions
    • Some major questions are really hard for me, I can't really remember. One question I think most of the employers will ask is: where do you picture yourself for the next five years.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sensata in February 2013.

After the info session, I submitted my resume and got a phone interview from sensata. They asked me what kind of position/job I'm looking for, my favorite courses and a class that I hated the most. . They also aked questions about my strength and weakness. Thecnical questions is related to the questions you answered before, or totally based on your background on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions are quite easy and basic, while others are very diffecult to answer. Simple qeustions can be explaining the stress strain curves, three modes of heat transfer, turbulent flow vs laminar flow, pressure and FBD in a combustion cylinder, or cantilever beam, etc. They might also ask you technical questions based on past experience.   Answer Question

Engineer Internship Interview

There are four interviews in total, three of them are hold by the technique engineer and the other one is HR. I was stuck on the first manager's question and feel really bad about the conversation, that might be the reason I did not receive the offer. The HR is a really nice woman, I did have a good conversation with her.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are pretty basic as I was only a sophomore at that time.   Answer Question

Worked for Sensata? Contribute to the Community!