Sensata

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.1

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sensata.

Had interviews, followed up several weeks later, never heard anything back. Felt like they had no understanding of the candidate they were looking for other than someone who has experience who will work for cheap.

Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sensata in November 2014.

Talked to Sensata at career fair, received an on campus interview, pretty straightforward. Asked basic circuit fundamentals. Invited to 2nd round interview at their main facility in Attleboro. Had 3 technical interviews, 1 HR interview. Asked about current and voltage through a charging discharging capacitor, opamps, and resistive networks. 1st interviewer told me they weren't looking for EE's in programming, rather EE/ME integration. Wish I had known that going in.

Interview Questions
    • What projects have you worked on that relates to the analog domain?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sensata.

I was recruited from a career fair at my university and invited to attend the Fantastic Friday event. There were 4 interviews--3 technical and 1 with an HR rep. During 2 of the 3 technical interviews, the interviewers were texting/looking at their phones while I was speaking which was incredibly rude!

Interview Questions
    • Why does a glass rod get stronger as it is pulled repeatedly to failure?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sensata.

I reached out to a recruiter on campus following my career fair. I was called in for an interview with a current member of the engineering team at Sensata. He was very cordial but did not try to sell the company very hard. I believe I did fairly poorly in the interview because it was one of the first ones that I had as an undergraduate. I did not get any second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • A question about gravity on different celestial bodies.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer - Design Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sensata.

I applied for a summer internship.
    First I submit my resume at the job fair at my university.
    And then the next week I received an email of the onsite interview next day. It was so quick.
    Next day 1 to 1 interview at my college. And every one have 20 to 30 minutes interview.
    There is 2 main team, one mainly doing the sensors design they prefer students who have circuits background and knowing of mechanical and control is plus.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, I speak almost 20m out of 25m. And didn't be asked any difficult questions. The questions are related to circuits basics.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sensata in October 2014.

Met at a career fair. Flipped my resume over and started asking technical questions. Once i answered these questions I was offered another interview slot. After more technical interview questions at the interview i was asked to go to a "fantastic Friday". It was a day of tours and 5 different interviews with different people at the company. 4 were technical interviews. One was an hr interview.

Interview Questions
    • Dynamics question, rolling wheel with linkage system, what was instantaneous center, velocities at multiple points on wheel and linkage system   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sensata.

Had an on campus interview after applying through my school website. The process was very efficient. It was mostly technical questions from basic circuits, but there were some trickier questions asked. Didn't go over my resume as much as expected. Asked questions about impedance, filters, op-amps, etc. Reviewing introductory circuits would be good for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked how a transformer worked, which I covered in physics two years ago; and haven't looked at since.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sensata in September 2014.

Got interview through college recruiting. 45 mins interview with an Electrical Engineer, some non-technical questions about your resume, and most part are technical questions. Very basic about control system, RC circuit, op amp and circuit design.

I am still waiting for second round of interview which will be on site.

The questions are:

Inverted amplifier and non-inverted amplifier.
    time constant for RC circuit
    how long does it take for capacitor to fully charge.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sensata in September 2014.

Applied through career fair - got on campus interview call, now called for fantastic Friday event. On campus interview was not that difficult. asked basic questions related to electronics, asked RC, LC, filters, Op-amps, Transistors.

Interview Questions
    • Cross Section Structure of MOSFET transistor. Bode plote   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sensata.

On-campus interview as a part of career fair. This interview was mainly technical focused on Op-amps.
    Selected candidates were called for a Fantastic Friday event at the Attleboro center where the process was a day long. There were four rounds of technical interviews (each for about half an hour) followed by a quick HR round and company visit. The interview questions were pretty easy and related to basic analog building blocks.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a pressure sensor and was explained about the failure occurring in the sensor. I was then asked to suggest the root cause of failure with possible steps of debugging.   Answer Question