Sensata Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

3.2

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata in September 2014.

Interview

Got interview through college recruiting. 45 mins interview with an Electrical Engineer, some non-technical questions about your resume, and most part are technical questions. Very basic about control system, RC circuit, op amp and circuit design. I am still waiting for second round of interview which will be on site. The questions are: Inverted amplifier and non-inverted amplifier. time constant for RC circuit how long does it take for capacitor to fully charge.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sensata in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair - got on campus interview call, now called for fantastic Friday event. On campus interview was not that difficult. asked basic questions related to electronics, asked RC, LC, filters, Op-amps, Transistors.

Interview Questions

• Cross Section Structure of MOSFET transistor. Bode plote   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA).

Interview

On-campus interview as a part of career fair. This interview was mainly technical focused on Op-amps. Selected candidates were called for a Fantastic Friday event at the Attleboro center where the process was a day long. There were four rounds of technical interviews (each for about half an hour) followed by a quick HR round and company visit. The interview questions were pretty easy and related to basic analog building blocks.

Interview Questions

• I was given a pressure sensor and was explained about the failure occurring in the sensor. I was then asked to suggest the root cause of failure with possible steps of debugging.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata.

Interview

I first talked to someone and handed my resume to someone at a career fair at my school. I received a call a scheduled a preliminary interview on campus. It went well and then I received a invitation to come to their headquarters for the "Fantastic Friday". It was indeed on Friday, during the fall school year so I could not attend the first two, luckily there was a third "Fantastic Friday" I could attend. It was kinda grueling Friday, with 4 interviews with; 3 with engineers who basically verbally give you an engineering exam, and 1 with someone from HR.

Interview Questions

• A question asking for a full explanation of heat transfer.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata.

Interview

The interviewer was late to the call and seemed unprepared. He asked very oddly structured questions which seemed intent on catching you, as opposed to seeing what you know.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what MOSFETs were... and seemed surprised when I began explaining how they worked as opposed to what MOSFET stood for.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a very rude phone call from the HR "Professional" doing the first screening interview. All he wanted to know was the yearly revenue of the current company I worked for and also asked me where was my accent from. Then without asking any other question he told me that I was definitively not what they where looking for and that he had no more questions for me. It seriously was a 2 minutes very demeaning and almost raciest two questions conversation.

Interview Questions

• How much is the Yearly revenue of the company that you currently work for?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sensata.

Interview

Went through a college career fair, got an interview without asking, and then went through an on-campus interview session. Got invited to Fantastic Friday along with 30 other people and went through 4 interviews, 3 engineering and 1 HR. Mostly everyone was friendly, overwhelmingly male, and one of the interviewers was ridiculously difficult and unhelpful. Had a tour of the campus, which was nice. Nothing too special, but they ask thermo, electrical, fluids, calculus, and design questions. Some interviewers may help you through them, others will not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected, everything was the generic engineering questions and some common HR questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Internship Interview

Interview

There are four interviews in total, three of them are hold by the technique engineer and the other one is HR. I was stuck on the first manager's question and feel really bad about the conversation, that might be the reason I did not receive the offer. The HR is a really nice woman, I did have a good conversation with her.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are pretty basic as I was only a sophomore at that time.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sensata in March 2014.

Interview

On campus hiring process. Interview was simple, just basic electronics questions were asked. The interviewer went through a few of the projects on my resume. Then he started asking me basic questions in electronics. First he asked me to explain what a low pass filter is, then questions on BJT and forward biased diode characteristics. Difference between BJT and FET.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sensata.

Interview

After the career fair, I got a on-campus interview from sensata. They asked me questions about heat transfer, how does engine works and thermodynamics. Also asked about my previous project and let me ask some questions about the company. The question are not that hard if you understand, it's hard to prepare because they are in different fields.