Sensata Interview Questions in Providence, RI

Updated May 3, 2015

3.3

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA).

Interview

Three interviews took place over half a day: one second level manager focused on behavioral and experience questions; and two first level managers both focused on reasoning and technical reasoning through very technical problem solving questions. Since I had prior experience the interview was more technical as expected but I enjoyed the challenge! The entire process took about two weeks and HR communications was good but my biggest complaint was the one week reply once an offer was made - far far too short especially since other companies were being courted. I asked for a higher offer but Sensata didn't budge, and in retrospect I should have walked away. Luckily Sensata seems to have made up for it but in general this is not typical. I recommend starting at a high salary (if possible) since most companies like to value employees differently once they are "locked in."

Interview Questions

• I forgot the exact question/wording but my favorite was one of those technical reasoning questions along the lines of "rationalize and estimate out loud the amount of radial wear on your car tires during a road trip." There is essentially no correct answer but what is being measured is your ability to identify and reason through both significant and insignificant factors, just like any typical engineering problem. For example while you don't need to know the exact CTE of air, you need to be aware that it contributes (though small) to enlarging the diameter of the tire thereby decreasing (though small) the wear on the tire.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer - Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got their call the next day after campus career fair. And I was invited to their Fantastic Friday next week. We had 3 technical interviews and one HR interview. The first Technical interview went well for me and we had nice conversations. HR interview was good also(I thought). Then I started to fell tired, because I got too excited and did not sleep the night before. The 2nd technical interview was not all about technical, he asked me a lot on my past experience . At last, he picked a component and asked me how this was made. The last technical interview was similar to 2nd one. He asked about my past experience and at last he asked me a intelligence question about how to arrange 4 people to go across a bridge with just one flash light in the night. I have limited time and I felt exhausted and I didn't give out the answer. Anyway, as my 1st interview in my life , I did my best. I'm an international student from China. I would call this interview a positive experience for me. If they knew me better, they would know that I was the best candidate. But how would they knew me as well as I did? my advice is: relax and be your self. U can never be fully prepared. I spent a whole week on this interview and they had questions that caught me off guard. relax, you have plenty of chances in the future.

Interview Questions

• Heat transfer(not simple at all, u have to use ideal gas eons and mass conservation); component; intelligence question . No need to prepare these questions, as I said, relax and be your self.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met at a career fair. Flipped my resume over and started asking technical questions. Once i answered these questions I was offered another interview slot. After more technical interview questions at the interview i was asked to go to a "fantastic Friday". It was a day of tours and 5 different interviews with different people at the company. 4 were technical interviews. One was an hr interview.

Interview Questions

• Dynamics question, rolling wheel with linkage system, what was instantaneous center, velocities at multiple points on wheel and linkage system   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA).

Interview

On-campus interview as a part of career fair. This interview was mainly technical focused on Op-amps. Selected candidates were called for a Fantastic Friday event at the Attleboro center where the process was a day long. There were four rounds of technical interviews (each for about half an hour) followed by a quick HR round and company visit. The interview questions were pretty easy and related to basic analog building blocks.

Interview Questions

• I was given a pressure sensor and was explained about the failure occurring in the sensor. I was then asked to suggest the root cause of failure with possible steps of debugging.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a very rude phone call from the HR "Professional" doing the first screening interview. All he wanted to know was the yearly revenue of the current company I worked for and also asked me where was my accent from. Then without asking any other question he told me that I was definitively not what they where looking for and that he had no more questions for me. It seriously was a 2 minutes very demeaning and almost raciest two questions conversation.

Interview Questions

• How much is the Yearly revenue of the company that you currently work for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting. Phone screening, then invited to fantastic friday

Interview Questions

• Asked a question explaining how buck converter works. RC circuit questions. LC circuit questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

There were 4 interviewers for each candidate. Each of them were asking different theme of questions. For instance, in my case, the first interviewer asked me about digital and analogue basic, 2nd asked about board level specifics, 3rd asked about high school physics and the last one was the HR asking about my ambitions and stuff like that.

Interview Questions

• Some major questions are really hard for me, I can't really remember. One question I think most of the employers will ask is: where do you picture yourself for the next five years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied though the on campus career fair and then I get a interview on campus. After a week I went to their company for a onsite interview. There are 3 engineer and one HR during that interview. They asked really basic question about my projects and circuits design, one is really sample and the other two are a little bit difficult.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

got the on-campus interview from university career fair. 3days later, attend the on-campus interview and got the on-site interview right after that. went to fantastic Friday in the second week. three business days later, got the phone call from HR offering the position.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between you and other candidates   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, very competitive package, much better than I thought

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata (Attleboro, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, asked basic questions about experiences and a few technical questions on stress strain, others related to major. On site interview "Fantastic Friday" consisted of 4 technical interviews, was asked basic questions about major, beam deflection questions, metal phase diagrams, how to improve parts.

Interview Questions

• Why did you not come to our info session while you were on campus?   1 Answer

Offered position at other company that more closely matched current career goals