Sensata

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Electrical Design Engineer
Attleboro, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sensata.

Interview Details – On-campus interview as a part of career fair. This interview was mainly technical focused on Op-amps.
Selected candidates were called for a Fantastic Friday event at the Attleboro center where the process was a day long. There were four rounds of technical interviews (each for about half an hour) followed by a quick HR round and company visit. The interview questions were pretty easy and related to basic analog building blocks.

Interview Question – I was given a pressure sensor and was explained about the failure occurring in the sensor. I was then asked to suggest the root cause of failure with possible steps of debugging.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Attleboro, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sensata in May 2014.

Interview Details – I received a very rude phone call from the HR "Professional" doing the first screening interview. All he wanted to know was the yearly revenue of the current company I worked for and also asked me where was my accent from. Then without asking any other question he told me that I was definitively not what they where looking for and that he had no more questions for me. It seriously was a 2 minutes very demeaning and almost raciest two questions conversation.

Interview Question – How much is the Yearly revenue of the company that you currently work for?   Answer Question

Attleboro, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sensata in November 2013.

Interview Details – There were 4 interviewers for each candidate. Each of them were asking different theme of questions. For instance, in my case, the first interviewer asked me about digital and analogue basic, 2nd asked about board level specifics, 3rd asked about high school physics and the last one was the HR asking about my ambitions and stuff like that.

Interview Question – Some major questions are really hard for me, I can't really remember. One question I think most of the employers will ask is: where do you picture yourself for the next five years.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Attleboro, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sensata in February 2013.

Interview Details – After the info session, I submitted my resume and got a phone interview from sensata. They asked me what kind of position/job I'm looking for, my favorite courses and a class that I hated the most. . They also aked questions about my strength and weakness. Thecnical questions is related to the questions you answered before, or totally based on your background on your resume.

Interview Question – Some questions are quite easy and basic, while others are very diffecult to answer. Simple qeustions can be explaining the stress strain curves, three modes of heat transfer, turbulent flow vs laminar flow, pressure and FBD in a combustion cylinder, or cantilever beam, etc. They might also ask you technical questions based on past experience.   Answer Question

Attleboro, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sensata in November 2010.

Interview Details – Technical questions are asked frequently. You are expected to preform while under medium pressure.

Interview Question – cannot remember   Answer Question

Attleboro, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sensata in February 2014.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting. Phone screening, then invited to fantastic friday

Interview Question – Asked a question explaining how buck converter works. RC circuit questions. LC circuit questions.   Answer Question

Attleboro, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sensata in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied though the on campus career fair and then I get a interview on campus. After a week I went to their company for a onsite interview. There are 3 engineer and one HR during that interview. They asked really basic question about my projects and circuits design, one is really sample and the other two are a little bit difficult.

Interview Question – explain a circuit that you good at.   Answer Question

Attleboro, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sensata in October 2013.

Interview Details – got the on-campus interview from university career fair. 3days later, attend the on-campus interview and got the on-site interview right after that. went to fantastic Friday in the second week. three business days later, got the phone call from HR offering the position.

Interview Question – what's the difference between you and other candidates   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, very competitive package, much better than I thought

Attleboro, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sensata in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, asked basic questions about experiences and a few technical questions on stress strain, others related to major.

On site interview "Fantastic Friday" consisted of 4 technical interviews, was asked basic questions about major, beam deflection questions, metal phase diagrams, how to improve parts.

Interview Question – Why did you not come to our info session while you were on campus?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Offered position at other company that more closely matched current career goals

Customer Account Analyst Interview

Customer Account Analyst
Attleboro, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sensata in January 2011.

Interview Details – Submit Application and resume.
Phone screening.
Interview with multiple individuals asking basic questions.
Call with initial offer.
Submission of offer letter.
Acceptance of offer letter.

Interview Question – Are you a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond?   Answer Question

Worked for Sensata? Contribute to the Community!