Sensient

2.8

Assistant to Chief of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sensient.

I went through an agency. Very professional atmosphere, pleasant interview. There seems to be tons of potential for growth. Also, the people are very pleasant. Excellent pay and benefits. I do believe you have to have a very strong personality to work for Sensient.

A/P Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sensient.

met with 3 people, normal questions, easy interview, how do you handle stress, qualifications, tell me about your background. One even just explained his job and never asked any questions. Hard to give 50 words, I don't think there were 50 words during the interview process.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sensient.

Heard of Sensient through a recruiter. Went through two interviews: the first was with the HR Director; the second was with another HR Manager, and the HR Director. Both were pleasant, professional, and engaging. The emphasis was on the amount of work that needed to be done (the HR function was until recently seen as "personnel" rather than a world-class asset). Seemed to be the true differentiating aspect to whether or not a candidate was a fit. Thought there was a good fit and that we both liked each other. When the recruiter called back, she said the company was putting a hold on hiring for the position.

Chemist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sensient in October 2013.

Interview process was extremely easy. Only one TSM manager was a stick in the mud and asked very angry questions. Every person was able to reiterate how important the culture was and how the want someone to contribute not just be there. Interview was all dry. Very little emotion was showed through out process. Questions were NOT formatted at all.

I was not able to negotiate anything. In fact, HR cut out my recruiter completely and asked in appropriate questions to me.

Finance Director Interview

very rigorous

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your superior.   Answer Question

compensation package was too low.

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sensient in February 2013.

I interviewed with our top three leaders and felt that they truly communicated the expectations, the culture and the role to me. I wish more companies would take that approach instead of going into a recruiting "sales pitch" to candidates. This is why most candidates go into culture shock immeidately after a hire.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? Since I have been in the field for a great length of time, I didn't want to use the value time to discuss my entire career and ended up focusing more about the recent expertise and background.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sensient in November 2011.

HR sent me the interview schedule on time and had details covered (who will be meeting and their titles). Interview lasted 5 hours. Met 7 people. Got chance to have a plant tour. People I talked to looked professional but somehow a little rigid.

Confidential Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sensient.

The interview process was fairly easy. They focus too much on mentioning how formal the company is, which is an understatement, more like walking on eggshells. Didn't care about my knowledge but my personality.

They provided range I wanted.

Marketing and Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sensient in June 2010.

Very professional and organized environment. Nice interview, wrong fit.
    As explained very frankly during the interview, you have to fit into the almost military organization, it is a fit issue. There is no casual Friday and the full suit is required. Otherwise, very dynamic organization, it sounded like a very nice opportunity, a shame that I have to go home eventually at night.

Interview Questions
    • Cold you please present yourself at the interview with the following dress code (and there was a long list)   Answer Question

GM Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sensient in April 2009.

Worked through placement service. This was a professional experience.
    Phone/video interview cancelled once.
    One on one interview was unprofessional. President late fr interview, etc...

Interview Questions

Unprofessional posture of Sensient management. Very rigid. Bad references on CEO.