Sensient Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.6

Assistant to Chief of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sensient (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I went through an agency. Very professional atmosphere, pleasant interview. There seems to be tons of potential for growth. Also, the people are very pleasant. Excellent pay and benefits. I do believe you have to have a very strong personality to work for Sensient.

A/P Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sensient.

Interview

met with 3 people, normal questions, easy interview, how do you handle stress, qualifications, tell me about your background. One even just explained his job and never asked any questions. Hard to give 50 words, I don't think there were 50 words during the interview process.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sensient (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Heard of Sensient through a recruiter. Went through two interviews: the first was with the HR Director; the second was with another HR Manager, and the HR Director. Both were pleasant, professional, and engaging. The emphasis was on the amount of work that needed to be done (the HR function was until recently seen as "personnel" rather than a world-class asset). Seemed to be the true differentiating aspect to whether or not a candidate was a fit. Thought there was a good fit and that we both liked each other. When the recruiter called back, she said the company was putting a hold on hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• There was no real difficult question.   1 Answer

Chemist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sensient (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was extremely easy. Only one TSM manager was a stick in the mud and asked very angry questions. Every person was able to reiterate how important the culture was and how the want someone to contribute not just be there. Interview was all dry. Very little emotion was showed through out process. Questions were NOT formatted at all.

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. In fact, HR cut out my recruiter completely and asked in appropriate questions to me.

Finance Director Interview

Interview

very rigorous

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your superior.   Answer Question

compensation package was too low.

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sensient (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with our top three leaders and felt that they truly communicated the expectations, the culture and the role to me. I wish more companies would take that approach instead of going into a recruiting "sales pitch" to candidates. This is why most candidates go into culture shock immeidately after a hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Since I have been in the field for a great length of time, I didn't want to use the value time to discuss my entire career and ended up focusing more about the recent expertise and background.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sensient (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

HR sent me the interview schedule on time and had details covered (who will be meeting and their titles). Interview lasted 5 hours. Met 7 people. Got chance to have a plant tour. People I talked to looked professional but somehow a little rigid.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sensient (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2011.

Interview

Final interview entails interviewing with the President/CEO. He's the son of the previous President/CEO. If you get that far, the people you interview with will prepare you for things such as how to DRESS. Men. WHITE SHIRT. Dark suit, blue or gray. Stripped tie. I'm serious about this.

Interview Questions

• You can't be prepared for everything. MOST important thing. Keep your answers as brief as possible. Almost monosyllabic. If you say too much, you'll find yourself in trouble.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sensient in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was not difficult. They asked pretty basic questions. Could you explain yourself, what is your biggest weakness, etc.. Although i thought everything went well during the interview, next day i received an email which says they do not consider my application anymore. This is why, i sent a thank you e-mail to HR person. She told me that the manager changed to position from a trainee position to non-trainee position. However, the job posting is still valid in the social media and they are looking for other candidates. All in all, don't give all your hopes for the phone interview.

Confidential Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sensient.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. They focus too much on mentioning how formal the company is, which is an understatement, more like walking on eggshells. Didn't care about my knowledge but my personality.

Negotiation

They provided range I wanted.