Sensient

Relevance Date Difficulty

Chemist I Interview

Chemist I
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sensient in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was extremely easy. Only one TSM manager was a stick in the mud and asked very angry questions. Every person was able to reiterate how important the culture was and how the want someone to contribute not just be there. Interview was all dry. Very little emotion was showed through out process. Questions were NOT formatted at all.

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything. In fact, HR cut out my recruiter completely and asked in appropriate questions to me.

A/P Specialist Interview

A/P Specialist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Sensient.

Interview Details – met with 3 people, normal questions, easy interview, how do you handle stress, qualifications, tell me about your background. One even just explained his job and never asked any questions. Hard to give 50 words, I don't think there were 50 words during the interview process.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sensient.

Interview Details – Heard of Sensient through a recruiter. Went through two interviews: the first was with the HR Director; the second was with another HR Manager, and the HR Director. Both were pleasant, professional, and engaging. The emphasis was on the amount of work that needed to be done (the HR function was until recently seen as "personnel" rather than a world-class asset). Seemed to be the true differentiating aspect to whether or not a candidate was a fit. Thought there was a good fit and that we both liked each other. When the recruiter called back, she said the company was putting a hold on hiring for the position.

Interview Question – There was no real difficult question.   View Answer

Office Interview

Office
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source - interviewed at Sensient in February 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with our top three leaders and felt that they truly communicated the expectations, the culture and the role to me. I wish more companies would take that approach instead of going into a recruiting "sales pitch" to candidates. This is why most candidates go into culture shock immeidately after a hire.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself? Since I have been in the field for a great length of time, I didn't want to use the value time to discuss my entire career and ended up focusing more about the recent expertise and background.   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Finance Director

Interviewed at Sensient

Interview Details – very rigorous

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your superior.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – compensation package was too low.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Saint Louis, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at Sensient in November 2011.

Interview Details – HR sent me the interview schedule on time and had details covered (who will be meeting and their titles). Interview lasted 5 hours. Met 7 people. Got chance to have a plant tour. People I talked to looked professional but somehow a little rigid.

Interview Question – Why would I hire you?   Answer Question

Confidential Interview

Confidential

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sensient.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy. They focus too much on mentioning how formal the company is, which is an understatement, more like walking on eggshells. Didn't care about my knowledge but my personality.

Negotiation Details – They provided range I wanted.

GM Interview

GM

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sensient in April 2009.

Interview Details – Worked through placement service. This was a professional experience.
Phone/video interview cancelled once.
One on one interview was unprofessional. President late fr interview, etc...

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself a workaholic   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unprofessional posture of Sensient management. Very rigid. Bad references on CEO.

Marketing and Sales Interview

Marketing and Sales

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sensient in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional and organized environment. Nice interview, wrong fit.
As explained very frankly during the interview, you have to fit into the almost military organization, it is a fit issue. There is no casual Friday and the full suit is required. Otherwise, very dynamic organization, it sounded like a very nice opportunity, a shame that I have to go home eventually at night.

Interview Question – Cold you please present yourself at the interview with the following dress code (and there was a long list)   Answer Question

Worked for Sensient? Contribute to the Community!