Sensient Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.9

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sensient Technologies.

Interview

I sat in the conference room and met with a number of individuals in management. Two of the interviewers were quite terrible. One asked me inappropriate questions while the other was as unexcitable as a sloth. I was told point blank that the dress code and tone in the office were very formal and stuffy which I picked up on instantly. My impression was that people cult-ishly followed the aging CEO around like a puppy dog and found their self worth by getting noticed in a medium sized company that acted like a big company. Overall I am thankful this opportunity didn't work itself out. I'm making a lot more money in a company located in a much warmer climate. Cheers. :)

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sensient Technologies (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

pretty fast, applied online, got email to schedule phone interview the second day, first on site interview with HR manager and dept director, second interview with more people. Whole process took about 3-4 weeks. This company like other reviewers said is inconsiderate and arrogant, does not respect people, interview schedule at time A, I waited at their reception area for more than 45 mins, no water provided, nothing, interview was 30 mins late, but no apologies, like nothing happened, my time is not time?

Interview Questions

• your strength, weakness, why do you leave the current employer etc   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sensient Technologies in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online thought a job board, revived a call for the initial interview my resume. The next day I had a follow up interview with 2 others. I was told that they would let me know if i would make it to the next phase but if not they would let me know either way. I was never notified.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • We are a business professional company, would that be something that you would be okay with?   Answer Question

Account Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sensient Technologies (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume. Corporate recruiter emailed back the next day to schedule phone screening. Twenty minutes before screening, she sent an email canceling due to another meeting "she couldn't get out of". She asked me what my availability was the next day to which I replied that I understood and gave her a time. She never got back to me. This has never happened to me before. Companies have rescheduled with me before, much earlier than 20 minutes before our meeting, but she wasn't even considerate enough to email me back when I asked why she did not reply or re-reschedule? This was simply inconsiderate of my time and lines up with the negative reviews for this company.

Interview Questions

• Asked when I would be available   1 Answer

Assistant to Chief of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I went through an agency. Very professional atmosphere, pleasant interview. There seems to be tons of potential for growth. Also, the people are very pleasant. Excellent pay and benefits. I do believe you have to have a very strong personality to work for Sensient.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sensient Technologies (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

In person interviews - various levels. Senior Leadership and key stakeholders in Milwaukee and field operations. All face to face with a Caliber personality assessment tool. Standard background and pre-employment testing process.

Interview Questions

• Many scenario based interview questions that assess if you have the experience and competency in relating to the scenario presented to you. My answers were challenge to ensure another level of my experience and how I would react in my future role when challenged as well as my ability to defend my opinions and information.   Answer Question

A/P Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sensient Technologies.

Interview

met with 3 people, normal questions, easy interview, how do you handle stress, qualifications, tell me about your background. One even just explained his job and never asked any questions. Hard to give 50 words, I don't think there were 50 words during the interview process.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sensient Technologies (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Heard of Sensient through a recruiter. Went through two interviews: the first was with the HR Director; the second was with another HR Manager, and the HR Director. Both were pleasant, professional, and engaging. The emphasis was on the amount of work that needed to be done (the HR function was until recently seen as "personnel" rather than a world-class asset). Seemed to be the true differentiating aspect to whether or not a candidate was a fit. Thought there was a good fit and that we both liked each other. When the recruiter called back, she said the company was putting a hold on hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• There was no real difficult question.   1 Answer

Chemist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sensient Technologies (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was extremely easy. Only one TSM manager was a stick in the mud and asked very angry questions. Every person was able to reiterate how important the culture was and how the want someone to contribute not just be there. Interview was all dry. Very little emotion was showed through out process. Questions were NOT formatted at all.

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. In fact, HR cut out my recruiter completely and asked in appropriate questions to me.

Finance Director Interview

Interview

very rigorous

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your superior.   Answer Question

compensation package was too low.