Sensus

2.5

Training Design Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sensus in September 2014.

During the panel interview, the Education & Training team was very open and honest about what to expect if selected for this position. It was a very professional, yet down-to-earth interview. I felt comfortable enough to be open with them, and I appreciated the honesty the provided regarding the pros and cons of the position.

Withheld Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sensus.

Hurried, uncomplicated, kind, respectful, friendly seemingly enough at first, but integrity was not there after all...answered all questions, but lots of misrepresentation once in. It went way too quickly as if they desperately needed to make a decision, but I really don't think they had a clue about what a person in the position actually does, how they do it and not sure they cared after all.

Interview Questions
    Yes, they wanted experience so they went up in salary, then I found out they were paying more to someone that was essentially doing the same thing so I could have negotiated more. If you think you are worth a certain amount, then you should respectfully ask for it. Still doesn't mean you'll get it, and you may still price yourself out of an opportunity. Just ask about the job with interest, what the future plans for the job are, what you can actually expect in terms of learning. Behave as if you are very interested in providing an honest days work.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sensus in March 2014.

I spoke on the telephone with current employees in an office from the 1950s called UNIONTOWN where they seriously used to have a union until about 1 year a ago where all the manufacturing used to be, now it's all in Mexico, which all appears to be anti-American, when I spoke to human resources it was a joke, they didn't ask me any questions related to the job, the hiring manager wasn't available.

Interview Questions
    • Why is a pothole cover round, seriously ask me about my experience, education, culture fit, I had cost saving measures to apply.   View Answer
    I asked for 115k and they gave it to me with a default 3 weeks vacation.

Proposal Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sensus in October 2012.

Manager at the time was pretty easy going. I had to do a writing assessment in the office. I had to edit a few documents as well. I meet with the entire proposal management team. I take it each person gets to comment of what they think of you behind close doors before they make their final decision.

I didn't negotiate.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sensus in April 2012.

My initial contact was set up through Aerotek. My first interview was a phone interview. Basic questions about my background was asked. My next interview was an in office interview. I was interviewed by the head of Quality Assurance as well as the team lead of the team I would potentially be working on. After the in office interview, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give a detailed design as to how you would test a computer to ensure that it met quality standards.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sensus in September 2010.

An initial phone interview to discuss basics of job description and what the requirements are.

Second interview is in person to ask more technical questions. You really need to have a strong background in SQL, Linux, Networking+, A+, and some knowledge of Web technologies and a C based language.

Interview Questions
    • here's an empty Window 7 machine. Pretend this is your work laptop. Take 15 to 30 minutes to download all of the the applications you would use to enhance your job productivity.   View Answer
    Offer. No haggle.

Production Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sensus in July 2010.

I applied for the job ending of June and i received a call from the recruiter 6 days later. I did an interview with the Hiring manager and recruiter that same day, then was invited for a face to face. The face to face was the following week and i met with the hiring manager and another sales engineer. Interview went well and i received an email the next day to come in for the final interview the following week. I met with the HR specialist and another sales engineer. The interview went great! I received the job offer 4 days later and i accepted.

Did not negotiate.

Prefer Not to Answer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sensus in March 2010.

HR and Hiring manager on different pages (common these days)
    Typically HR does not really want too overqualified of a person in, for fear of job jump later (payscale issue)
    Typically hiring manager wants Superman however, and abuses recession

My problem with this interview? After being there for live face to face interviews, I received no indication later as to status. I had asked upon leaving and was told I would hear something in 2 weeks. No phone call, no email, no letter. Yes, I followed up, but hit dead air.

Face to face interviews demand a phone call. Common sense and decency must come back to our country if we are ever to be great again. If you don't have time to call back a candidate, you don't have time to be a manager/leader - move over and get someone qualified in your position.

In addition to this, several persons known to me have also run into severe problems with one recruiter there in particular. This is giving their company a very bad image and they are unaware of this. There is no feedback mechanism in their process.

Program Manager Interview

quite easy, no hard questions, just had to talk to about 10 people

Interview Questions
    • there really wasn't a hard question. Unexpected question was that I was asked if I was ok if the company was sold or acquired in the near term.   View Answer
    could not negotiate at all

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sensus in January 2011.

phone interviewing and face to face. good processes