Sentara Healthcare

Very Easy Interview

Hospital Registration Interview

Hospital Registration
Lake Ridge, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was only called in for one interview in person. I was met with by the director and training coordinator. They were pretty straight forward about the position and what they wanted from their employees. There was then another visit for drug screening. They also verified prior work experiences via email.

Interview Question – During the interview they just asked if I was willing to come to work on time because that is a priority to them. They went over the training process, and what to expect from the position. They asked what customer service meant to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. However later talking to other employees I found the negotiating is normally pretty easy.

Emergency Department Technician Interview

Emergency Department Technician
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Interview Details – I had to apply 3 times before I received a call from their HR department.

Interview Question – I can't remember it was over 5 years ago. I'm sorry I can help with this much needed info.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any kind of negotiation.

Practice Manager Interview

Practice Manager
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received an email from HR to set up a phone screening. After the phone screening, HR forwarded my information to the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a phone interview, then we set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview began at 10am, included lunch, and ended around 2pm.

Manager Interview

Manager
Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a department Director and then the Vice President of the business unit. Overall, it was a very casual experience and included both personal and professional discussions. It was clear that both interviewers had reviewed my cover letter and resume thoroughly. About half way through the interview, I was able to take control and basically interview them.

Interview Question – The Vice President asked me to describe what steps I would take if I was asked to organize a fund raising event and what kind of event I would have. This was odd because it had absolutely nothing to do with my experience of the position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was fairly uneventful. I felt the initial offer was too low. I was told that it was based on community averages for the position. I asked for 20% more and agreed to a salary of 12.5% more than the original offer.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Sentara Healthcare

Interview Details – Extremely long process. The hiring manager made sure I knew exactly how unqualified I was and used that as a way to bring me in cheaply. There were three total interviews: phone, interview 1, and interview 2.

Interview Question – "Give me one good reason why I should hire you."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No options for negotiations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Interview Details – Applied 1/16/14. Got an email on 1/20/14 describing pay and a link to take the assessment.. No scores were given ans Sentara does not give feedback on scores. So now it is a waiting game. Has anybody else gotten hired at Sentara? How long did it take for you to get hired? My job status as of today 1/24/14 says pending test results

Interview Question – None as of yet   View Answer

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Williamsburg, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare in July 2013.

Interview Details – I received a very thorough interview. The posting process to end of interview time period was very long but I received feedback throughout the process, which I appreciated. I had 3 separate panel type interviews.I was notified promptly following the panel's hiring decision.

Interview Question – They asked several questions regarding how I had previously handled a difficult situation. It's never easy to show yourself in your best light in a conflict so this was challenging.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Practice Manager Interview

Practice Manager

I applied online and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Interview Details – Was called at 9 pm on a Sat night, I returned the call to this "director" and we scheduled an interview the following Wednesday at 11am. At 10:30 the director called me and asked if we could push the interview back to 11:30, I accommodated and still waited in the lobby for an additional 20 mins. When I left, the director raved about how well the panel interview went and they'd "call me later". I received a call ...EIGHT days later and the VM left verbatim was, "I am calling you because you have been on my mind and the docs are very interested in you, everything is definitely moving in the right direction. I will follow up next week". TWO weeks passed with no call, no VM, no form letter, no EM'. HUGE disappointment .... HUGE. Not to mention a huge waste of my time. I had interviewed with Sentara previously and it was scheduled for 530 in the evening, I RUSHED to get there after work, changed etc. etc. to sit in a panel interview with a group of very grumpy, smug, albeit rude doctors. One of which said THREE times, "sorry, its been such a long a day". The interview was very unorganized with 30+ seconds of silence while they figured out who was going to ask the next question, very unprepared I knew half way through I did not want that job. Not impressed, at all with Sentara.

Reason for Declining – Horrible interview experience

Emergency Department Scribe Interview

Emergency Department Scribe
Williamsburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare in April 2012.

Interview Details – Easy to work around scheduling. Slow process. Young, inexperienced interviewers.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work as an emergency scribe?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/a.

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Senior Security Engineer
Norfolk, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Interview Details – Had worked with them as a contractor, and as long as I didn't wear my earrings I could get the job (though males with earrings was not mentioned in the employee handbook).

Interview Question – Define a corporate policy for web application security (which was an AWESOME QUESTION)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a lot of money, I accepted. +37,000 more than my previous job.

Worked for Sentara Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!