Sentara Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.7

Senior Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

I knew they were interviewing so I went in for an interview. They told me that I was not registered to be there. They asked me to wait and they put me in a slot because someone did not show up for the interview. I was interviewed by 2 supervisors. Shortly afterwards I got a call saying I was hired. The people seemed nice and the process was very quick and easy going.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why I wanted to leave my current employer.   View Answer
    They asked me how much was my desired salary and I told them $18.00 an hour and I got it.

Hospital Registration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Ridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Ridge, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare in April 2013.

I was only called in for one interview in person. I was met with by the director and training coordinator. They were pretty straight forward about the position and what they wanted from their employees. There was then another visit for drug screening. They also verified prior work experiences via email.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview they just asked if I was willing to come to work on time because that is a priority to them. They went over the training process, and what to expect from the position. They asked what customer service meant to me.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. However later talking to other employees I found the negotiating is normally pretty easy.

Emergency Department Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

I had to apply 3 times before I received a call from their HR department.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember it was over 5 years ago. I'm sorry I can help with this much needed info.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any kind of negotiation.

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

After applying online, I received an email from HR to set up a phone screening. After the phone screening, HR forwarded my information to the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a phone interview, then we set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview began at 10am, included lunch, and ended around 2pm.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

I interviewed with a department Director and then the Vice President of the business unit. Overall, it was a very casual experience and included both personal and professional discussions. It was clear that both interviewers had reviewed my cover letter and resume thoroughly. About half way through the interview, I was able to take control and basically interview them.

Interview Questions
    • The Vice President asked me to describe what steps I would take if I was asked to organize a fund raising event and what kind of event I would have. This was odd because it had absolutely nothing to do with my experience of the position.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was fairly uneventful. I felt the initial offer was too low. I was told that it was based on community averages for the position. I asked for 20% more and agreed to a salary of 12.5% more than the original offer.

Systems Analyst Interview

Extremely long process. The hiring manager made sure I knew exactly how unqualified I was and used that as a way to bring me in cheaply. There were three total interviews: phone, interview 1, and interview 2.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me one good reason why I should hire you."   View Answer
    No options for negotiations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Applied 1/16/14. Got an email on 1/20/14 describing pay and a link to take the assessment.. No scores were given ans Sentara does not give feedback on scores. So now it is a waiting game. Has anybody else gotten hired at Sentara? How long did it take for you to get hired? My job status as of today 1/24/14 says pending test results

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare in July 2013.

I received a very thorough interview. The posting process to end of interview time period was very long but I received feedback throughout the process, which I appreciated. I had 3 separate panel type interviews.I was notified promptly following the panel's hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • They asked several questions regarding how I had previously handled a difficult situation. It's never easy to show yourself in your best light in a conflict so this was challenging.   Answer Question

Practice Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a year or more - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Was called at 9 pm on a Sat night, I returned the call to this "director" and we scheduled an interview the following Wednesday at 11am. At 10:30 the director called me and asked if we could push the interview back to 11:30, I accommodated and still waited in the lobby for an additional 20 mins. When I left, the director raved about how well the panel interview went and they'd "call me later". I received a call ...EIGHT days later and the VM left verbatim was, "I am calling you because you have been on my mind and the docs are very interested in you, everything is definitely moving in the right direction. I will follow up next week". TWO weeks passed with no call, no VM, no form letter, no EM'. HUGE disappointment .... HUGE. Not to mention a huge waste of my time. I had interviewed with Sentara previously and it was scheduled for 530 in the evening, I RUSHED to get there after work, changed etc. etc. to sit in a panel interview with a group of very grumpy, smug, albeit rude doctors. One of which said THREE times, "sorry, its been such a long a day". The interview was very unorganized with 30+ seconds of silence while they figured out who was going to ask the next question, very unprepared I knew half way through I did not want that job. Not impressed, at all with Sentara.

Horrible interview experience

Emergency Department Scribe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sentara Healthcare in April 2012.

Easy to work around scheduling. Slow process. Young, inexperienced interviewers.

N/a.

Worked for Sentara Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!