Sentrana

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sentrana in March 2011.

Interview Details – I met Syeed Mansur, the CEO at my university career fair. The interaction was great. He became interested in my research (I am a PhD student) and we had a long chat about what Sentrana does and things that were similar to what I was doing. I followed up with him on email and he had me placed in the list of candidates that Sentrana was scheduled to interview on the campus.

The first interview was was with the CTO of the firm. It was mostly informal and went well. The next interview was a video conferencing with the modeling team. The interview entirely revolved around my research. Though a case problem was planned but we ran out of time. Next I had a teleconference interview with the solutions team. It was a case interview where the case was given to me an evening before.

I received my rejection through email a week or so after the last interview. Overall the experience was good for me as I learnt many important things. The primary reason for my rejection was my inability to sell the right skills to the company. Even though I had a fair bit of experience with data mining and data driven modeling, I chose to highlight my current research which was at a theoretical stage at the point of time. The company saw what I had to offer and (rightly so) rejected me.

My impression of the firm was great. The people, especially the CEO, are warm and friendly and have a positive energy. After the rejection, I emailed Syeed about it and he gave me some valuable advice about what I lacked and encouraged me to apply again after doing some data driven research.

Interview Question – A business case on where to place taxi hubs in new york city.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sentrana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sentrana Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sentrana employees and interview candidates.