Sentrana

Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sentrana

Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sentrana.

Process began with 2 phone interviews (lengthy) and was followed by several in person interviews (also lengthy). Buy-in from almost every single person you would interact with seems crucial to their process.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing at length with the CEO was difficult because he is extremely bright, complex, analytic, thoughtful, and intense. With that being said, you'd better have all your ducks in a row, a great explanation for how you chose to align those ducks, which attributes of the ducks were most remarkable, how you might differently align your ducks in the future, how your personal feelings were developed towards aligning ducks, and hypothetically, how else could you group your ducks based on your previous experiences. You should also be prepared to discuss ways you hope aligning ducks for Sentrana will grow your career and your own personal skills. It would have been an incredible opportunity to work with probably one of the smartest people I've ever met. Unfortunately, they didn't feel it was the right fit.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sentrana in March 2012.

probability questions, statistics concepts, and data mining models, little case interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sentrana in March 2011.

I met Syeed Mansur, the CEO at my university career fair. The interaction was great. He became interested in my research (I am a PhD student) and we had a long chat about what Sentrana does and things that were similar to what I was doing. I followed up with him on email and he had me placed in the list of candidates that Sentrana was scheduled to interview on the campus.

The first interview was was with the CTO of the firm. It was mostly informal and went well. The next interview was a video conferencing with the modeling team. The interview entirely revolved around my research. Though a case problem was planned but we ran out of time. Next I had a teleconference interview with the solutions team. It was a case interview where the case was given to me an evening before.

I received my rejection through email a week or so after the last interview. Overall the experience was good for me as I learnt many important things. The primary reason for my rejection was my inability to sell the right skills to the company. Even though I had a fair bit of experience with data mining and data driven modeling, I chose to highlight my current research which was at a theoretical stage at the point of time. The company saw what I had to offer and (rightly so) rejected me.

My impression of the firm was great. The people, especially the CEO, are warm and friendly and have a positive energy. After the rejection, I emailed Syeed about it and he gave me some valuable advice about what I lacked and encouraged me to apply again after doing some data driven research.

Interview Questions
    • A business case on where to place taxi hubs in new york city.   Answer Question