Sentry Data Systems

2.9

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sentry Data Systems in January 2015.

Lengthy, but not a stressful interview process. Total of four interviews, two being phone interviews. Everyone was very casual, and informative. Very upfront about what they need and daily scenarios you will face.

Interview Questions
    • How will your background and knowledge be useful for the required position?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with high pressure, stressful situations/ scenarios with clients/ customers?   Answer Question
    Recruiter took care of all
    Negotiations

Compliance Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sentry Data Systems in January 2015.

The interview was very informative and very positive. It was much shorter than expected since I was only scheduled to meet with 1 person. It was actually so pleasant that I thought I got the job until the unfortunate email telling me otherwise. I do wish they had called my references before making a decision but I would definitely apply again if the chance presents itself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself and how your skills can be beneficial to this position.   Answer Question
    • You've been with your current employer for a very long time, why are you choosing to leave?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sentry Data Systems in January 2013.

I was contact by a recruiter. She was VERY helpful and knowledgeable of the position and the demands of it. She told me exactly what to expect and how to proceed. I was invited to Deerfield Beach for an interview. I met with six people during my 4 hour interview and though this was the least formal interview I have ever had it was also the most thorough. Each person shared their perception of the company and what they perceived to be the pros and cons of my potential position. Every one of them also asked me repeatedly if I had an questions or concerns. They were very clear to let me know what to expect from the position. They all seem to be very satisfied with their current jobs.

After returning home I was offered a position with Sentry 7 days later.

The negotiation phase was very easy. They gave me an offer based on my requested salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sentry Data Systems in January 2013.

2 interviews. basic questions

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sentry Data Systems.

Recieved position information via a recruiter, so the initial interview was with them. I was arranged an interview at the Deerfield Beach office with the Directer of Technical Client Support along with a tech test. The interview was basic questions, asking about my expierence with troubleshooting databases and my expierence with other languages. The tech test portion was simple, I was given a computer station with an Oracle document open and told to perform basic queries. It was ten questions and I was given one hour. I was expecting a little more of a challenege. Keep up to date with your query structure; the specific syntax is not important, as long as you get your point across.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your troubleshooting process when it came to your most difficult challenge.   Answer Question
    All of my negotiation was done through my recruiter, who got me everything I asked for.

Technical Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sentry Data Systems in April 2010.

I had a pleasant phone interview with the Manager of Technical Operations at Sentry Data Systems on a Friday morning. He said he wanted me to interview next week via phone, with two others and he'd have the administrative assistant coordinate it. During our discussion, I agreed to send a relational data model as an example of my experience designing Relational Database Management Systems. Did that Friday night, after work.

Typical of the business climate today, my two emails and two phone calls have been left unanswered. I can understand that upon further interviews, this manager may have found more qualified candidates. Ordinary courtesy would include a brief communication to me to that affect. But, apparently professional courtesy does not need to be applied to mere job applicants. As employees we're always told not to burn bridges, to give minimum of two weeks notice, to maintain a professional attitude. But its a one sided bargain we strike. Employers can, and do, treat employees as expendable cogs. Well, I want to work in a mutually respectful environment. I don't intend to re-apply to this company.

Interview Questions
    • The job requires a rare combination of technical and communication skills. You must be willing to act as a Technical Analyst before being a Project Manager. Are you willing to do that   View Answer
    • How well can you come up to speed working with Ruby and in a custom non-relational database environment?   View Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sentry Data Systems in June 2011.

Went through a couple of phone interviews. First with the hiring manager, and then several other people at the same time. The first interview consisted of them asking about my background and seeing what areas I had skills / knowledge in. The second interview was more technical, and was followed by a skills test once I made it past that interview. I never had a face to face interview with anyone at the company. If I had, I probably wouldn't have accepted the position (horrible corporate culture that is evident in peoples attitudes).

Interview Questions
    I worked through a recruiter / head hunter so they performed all of the negotiations for me. Most of the negotiations revolved around salary and ability to work from home (which the initially agreed to and then reneged on after a management change).