Sentry Data Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sentry Data Systems.

Interview Details – Recieved position information via a recruiter, so the initial interview was with them. I was arranged an interview at the Deerfield Beach office with the Directer of Technical Client Support along with a tech test. The interview was basic questions, asking about my expierence with troubleshooting databases and my expierence with other languages. The tech test portion was simple, I was given a computer station with an Oracle document open and told to perform basic queries. It was ten questions and I was given one hour. I was expecting a little more of a challenege. Keep up to date with your query structure; the specific syntax is not important, as long as you get your point across.

Interview Question – Explain your troubleshooting process when it came to your most difficult challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All of my negotiation was done through my recruiter, who got me everything I asked for.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sentry Data Systems in June 2011.

Interview Details – Went through a couple of phone interviews. First with the hiring manager, and then several other people at the same time. The first interview consisted of them asking about my background and seeing what areas I had skills / knowledge in. The second interview was more technical, and was followed by a skills test once I made it past that interview. I never had a face to face interview with anyone at the company. If I had, I probably wouldn't have accepted the position (horrible corporate culture that is evident in peoples attitudes).

Interview Question – Asked about polymorphism as it relates to OOP.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I worked through a recruiter / head hunter so they performed all of the negotiations for me. Most of the negotiations revolved around salary and ability to work from home (which the initially agreed to and then reneged on after a management change).

Worked for Sentry Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!