Sentry Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.3

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sentry Insurance.

Interview

Interview process was rapid, over the phone, next day face to face, Interviewed with the VP of sales over the phone, then by Skype. Then suddenly no response through phone calls or emails...just done!

Interview Questions

• VP drilled down on everything on the resume and would have you repeat answers and explain processes or companies in minute detail.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sentry Insurance in March 2015.

Interview

A recorded video interview, an extremely long and asinine personality test (questions include: "do you finish tasks on time?"), meet with local manager, Skype interview with HR in HQ, Skype interview with manager in HQ. Told I'd be notified early next week; did not hear from them. Called the local manager, no answer.

FYI: if you are the final candidate, they fly you out to HQ, but it does not mean you have the position. Also, I did not make it this far, but there IS a drug test.

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sentry Insurance.

Interview

face to face interview with 4 people. Lasted about 2 hours. Very basic behavioral questions. Mockup requiremnet gathering sessions.
    In the 1st round a BA manager and a Senior BA asked mostly behavioral questions. Asked about my previous projects. Second round a Senior BA and a director of IT took a mock requirement gathering session.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Entry Level Work Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sentry Insurance.

Interview

The workplace culture was very relaxed; they were dressed nicely but not overly professional. Overdressed for interview. It was two interviewers, both had cell phones out and seemed not to take seriously the interview process. Asked questions relating to position applied for, though never seemed to consult my resume and asked questions that were otherwise easily answered.

Interview Questions

• Do you live closely so you could come in if someone were sick?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sentry Insurance in May 2014.

Interview

This company interviews the crap out of candidates. It's typically a 5 step process with the final interview conducted at their corporate headquarters in Wisconsin. The entire experience is worst than most companies I have interviewed with. The process consisted of personality test, sales aptitude test, face to face interview, phone interview with national sales manager, Skype interview with HR, background check, driving history check, credit check, employment verification and a final interview at headquarters in Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sentry Insurance in May 2014.

Interview

Questions asked for the phone interview: Give me a background of Sentry, Go through a typical work day for me, Describe a difficult work situation, Was there ever a time when you had to compare two things, what were the results? and Why are you applying to work at Sentry?

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you had to compare two things, what were the results?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at Sentry Insurance in April 2014.

Interview

Fifteen minute phone interview following by in person interview. Employees seemed disinterested in the work they were doing. Seemed like a very conservative, slow moving organization. Not 100% sure what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Why should we hire you? Tell me about a difficult work situation.   Answer Question

Claim Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sentry Insurance (Goldsboro, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and called about a week later to follow up. Spoke with HR and was immediately given a phone interview. An appointment was made with me where I first interviewed again with HR and then interviewed by two managers. They then immediately asked me to take a drug test and then said they would call me. About a week later I received a call from HR who advise that the managers thought I would be a good fit and asked me to fill out background information they had sent to my email. I filled out the background check and then was offered a position 3 days later. FYI I was hired with no degree, prior experience as an agent but no experience as a claims representative and I had a misdemeanor assault charge back 2 yrs ago. So if you are confident and know this is what you want make sure they know!

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you were unable to meet a need of a customer due to policy   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I would be making more and I really wanted the position

Mailroom Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sentry Insurance (Stevens Point, WI).

Interview

I was contacted about two days after I applied. They called me, offered sometimes for an interview and then I came in. You get shown to HR, wait for the departments supervisor(s) and then are interviewed. They go over basic duties in the department and what you can expect. They will then ask you questions which are variable depending on the department you work in. Usual questions are "What problems have you faced, how'd you work it out?" types of questions; very basic. After my interview, the supervisors left and that departments HR rep comes in, tells you about the pay, etc. You will then go through a standard drug test mouth swab and if you have no questions, you wait for a call.

You usually have to wait a week for the drug test to go through, but they called me, offered the job, and I was asked to come into orientation the following week.

Orientation consists of filling out some forms, watching some videos about discrimination, getting your picture taken for your ID badge, going over your benefits if you qualify, and then your supervisor will come get you and show you around your department and your day starts.

Interview Questions

• They were all very basic interview questions, nothing was unexpected or really thought provoking.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sentry Insurance (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

They interviewed me for the insurance representative position. First they went over my past experience and how and why i was no longer employed with them. After reviewing my employment history we discussed what i could bring to the table if hired on. After the interview you go through drug screening right away.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question for me is explaining why I left another insurance company and going to work for this insurance company.   Answer Question