Sentry Insurance Interview Questions

2.3

Business Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sentry Insurance.

face to face interview with 4 people. Lasted about 2 hours. Very basic behavioral questions. Mockup requiremnet gathering sessions.
    In the 1st round a BA manager and a Senior BA asked mostly behavioral questions. Asked about my previous projects. Second round a Senior BA and a director of IT took a mock requirement gathering session.

No negotiation

Entry Level Work Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sentry Insurance.

The workplace culture was very relaxed; they were dressed nicely but not overly professional. Overdressed for interview. It was two interviewers, both had cell phones out and seemed not to take seriously the interview process. Asked questions relating to position applied for, though never seemed to consult my resume and asked questions that were otherwise easily answered.

Interview Questions
    • Do you live closely so you could come in if someone were sick?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sentry Insurance in May 2014.

This company interviews the crap out of candidates. It's typically a 5 step process with the final interview conducted at their corporate headquarters in Wisconsin. The entire experience is worst than most companies I have interviewed with. The process consisted of personality test, sales aptitude test, face to face interview, phone interview with national sales manager, Skype interview with HR, background check, driving history check, credit check, employment verification and a final interview at headquarters in Wisconsin.

Database Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sentry Insurance in May 2014.

Questions asked for the phone interview: Give me a background of Sentry, Go through a typical work day for me, Describe a difficult work situation, Was there ever a time when you had to compare two things, what were the results? and Why are you applying to work at Sentry?

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time when you had to compare two things, what were the results?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

interviewed at Sentry Insurance in April 2014.

Fifteen minute phone interview following by in person interview. Employees seemed disinterested in the work they were doing. Seemed like a very conservative, slow moving organization. Not 100% sure what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Why should we hire you? Tell me about a difficult work situation.   Answer Question

Claim Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sentry Insurance in March 2014.

Applied online and called about a week later to follow up. Spoke with HR and was immediately given a phone interview. An appointment was made with me where I first interviewed again with HR and then interviewed by two managers. They then immediately asked me to take a drug test and then said they would call me. About a week later I received a call from HR who advise that the managers thought I would be a good fit and asked me to fill out background information they had sent to my email. I filled out the background check and then was offered a position 3 days later. FYI I was hired with no degree, prior experience as an agent but no experience as a claims representative and I had a misdemeanor assault charge back 2 yrs ago. So if you are confident and know this is what you want make sure they know!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation where you were unable to meet a need of a customer due to policy   View Answer
    I did not negotiate because I would be making more and I really wanted the position

Mailroom Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Sentry Insurance.

I was contacted about two days after I applied. They called me, offered sometimes for an interview and then I came in. You get shown to HR, wait for the departments supervisor(s) and then are interviewed. They go over basic duties in the department and what you can expect. They will then ask you questions which are variable depending on the department you work in. Usual questions are "What problems have you faced, how'd you work it out?" types of questions; very basic. After my interview, the supervisors left and that departments HR rep comes in, tells you about the pay, etc. You will then go through a standard drug test mouth swab and if you have no questions, you wait for a call.

You usually have to wait a week for the drug test to go through, but they called me, offered the job, and I was asked to come into orientation the following week.

Orientation consists of filling out some forms, watching some videos about discrimination, getting your picture taken for your ID badge, going over your benefits if you qualify, and then your supervisor will come get you and show you around your department and your day starts.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very basic interview questions, nothing was unexpected or really thought provoking.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sentry Insurance in February 2013.

They interviewed me for the insurance representative position. First they went over my past experience and how and why i was no longer employed with them. After reviewing my employment history we discussed what i could bring to the table if hired on. After the interview you go through drug screening right away.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question for me is explaining why I left another insurance company and going to work for this insurance company.   Answer Question

Java Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sentry Insurance in May 2012.

I had 4 1-on-1 interviews. Two were development managers, one was a senior developer and one was more from the business side of the company. The business guy mainly talked to me about what the company did and how what I would potentially be doing fit into their corporation. The senior developer gave me more of a skills test. I would suggest googling "basic java interview questions" and making sure you know the answers to a bunch of those. And the development managers more just talked to me about the process of the software lifecycle at Sentry and talked with me a lot about my interests.

Interview Questions
    Not much in the negotiation phase. They gave me an offer, allowed no wiggle room, and I just accepted it.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sentry Insurance in November 2011.

Awesome. It was nice to have someone so straight forward

easy