Sentry Insurance Sales Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sentry Insurance in September 2009.

Seemed like a very good company to work for. I've been a successful benefits consultant for past 4 years and was an independent multiline broker for 7 years prior. However, I did not score well on their skills test and was not offered a job. These guys are clowns. This test was a joke and these guys have taken a lazy approach to screening prospects. Don't screen talent with psycho-babble old school skills test. Trust your judgement and don't let good talent slip away because some top level manager was sold a "skills testing system". Not sure how long they have been using this system, but if they found the secret to screening talent, then why don't all the great companies use it? Hmmm. Thankfully, I read the other reviews on this site...now I understand how goofy this company is...saved me from wasting my time!

Thank you, skills test!! :)

Interview Questions
  • Take this insane questionaire that includes a skills test and we'll find out if you can sell even though you have a successful track record....ok?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sentry Insurance

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sentry Insurance in April 2012.

phone interview, 1:1 interview, skills & personality online test, job-sampling, phone interview, phone interview again, and lastly, flown to beautiful HQ in Stevens Point, WI (had 3 more 1:1 interviews, drug test, lunch, all expenses paid). My offer came two days afterward.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, but they offer ample opportunity to add to an already great compensation package - if you're willing to work hard for it.

Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Sentry Insurance in June 2009.

Interview was set up through email. Met for one on one interview with manager. Basic behavioral questions about past experiences. Asked if I had any relatives who owned insurance agencies.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any friends or relatives that own an independent insurance agency?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sentry Insurance in October 2008.

Hired on the spot and offered position .

Interview Questions
    No negotiations salary fixed with additional commisions

Worked for Sentry Insurance? Contribute to the Community!