Sephora

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Beauty Advisor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora.

The interview was with five girls all applying for the same position. We sat in a circle and they asked questions regarding team work and how we dealt with customers. Also when was a time you had a difficult customer?

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

I applied to multiple store locations. One store sent an email for an invitation to a Sephora job fair, 2 called extending invitations for group interviews, and another also sent an email asking me to go in to speak with a manager about opportunities (they just asked for basic information such as availability and basic interview questions for further consideration for a group interview).
    Basic interview questions - past work experience, customer service experiences & expectations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer broke a bottle of perfume shortly after purchasing?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora in October 2014.

I applied online, via the JC Penney website, and the process gets a little weird at the end- I wasn't sure if the application had been submitted, so I went in to ask if it had gone through, and was asked to leave my name and number by an employee who turned out to be the hiring manager. She didn't give me any sort of impression that she was the manager, so that was kind of weird. I finally got a call a month later for what turned out to be a group interview. I felt like my panel of interviewers were disinterested from the get-go (literally from my first answer and for the rest of the interview). They had us pick an item from a basket and "sell" it to them, which made no sense to me because I have never had a beauty advisor at a sephora pitch me a product. Maybe I misunderstood the job role- I thought the job was being knowledgeable in order to provide guidance and help people find products they'd love, not pitch products until something sticks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora in October 2014.

Applied online, the next day I went at the store and submitted my resume. After 2 days the manager called me for an interview. It was pretty basic since I worked at macys before so there were similar questions to customers and how would you treat them. Make sure you have open availability for seasonal positions because they look for that. The manager said I would hear from her in a couple of days since she's interviewing other candidates as well. I received the call, the next day for an interview with the store manager. Same basic questions. I believe she just asked me what's my availability was. Then she offered me the job. I was offered a very high starting pay since I used to make minimum at macys. Very pleased. Friendly interviewing process and it took only a week.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Sephora can contact you via E-mail and/or phone which is great! They did a quick interview with me and then asked if I could come in for a group interview. The group interview was with a few other people and it seemed as if I was competing with the other two candidates. Questions or behavior and scenario-type questions tailored to the Sephora environment. The interviewers were friendly and professional. The other employees will look at you to see who are possibly their next co-workers, but I perceived them to be curious, but friendly vibes.
    Depending on the position, they warn you that you could go through few interviews and the process can take a bit of time. It was a pleasant experience as far as interviewers go, and I was lucky to be interviewed by a friendly management team.

Interview Questions
    • Without being too specific, the most complicated question concerned customer service within profitable business operations.   View Answer
    Review salaries on glassdoor.com and be honest with yourself as to how much you truly deserve to be paid. Also, it seems Sephora starts their minimum wage at a higher rate than the other retail stores I applied to.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora in August 2014.

The first was a group interview where they asked questions about why Sephora and what would you do in team situations , what is the one thing you think you still need to learn or your previous employer would say you need to work on . The second interview was with the store director who asked me similar questions but was engrossed on the phone the entire time with a personal issue and i felt paid no attention to my actual answers . The third process was a demo . Having done the demo and then met a few other hiring people from other sephora locations i realized that each store has a different approach so beware of what goes on in each store.

Interview Questions
    • The demo had a lot of questions as to why certain brushes were used and why things were explained in a certain way . their goal as they stated in the beginning was to "fill the basket" and yet when I spoke about a brush in their collection but no provided in the makeup artist brush belt they didn't like that .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Alright I applied online to many locations and received a call to schedule an interview. During the phone convo, the manager asked about hours. All said and done I was due to meet the following day. YIKES! Lol first interview she expressed that she, as well as the other managers, would like to get a feel of me. They want to make sure I belong to the sephora family. My advice to you is be fun and be yourself! The first interview went well and we parted ways. I received an email stating it was a pleasure and if I could come in for a second interview. Second interview was also a group interview (didn't mention that about the first one) it went well but she asked a lot more questions that were like...ok I see where you're headed) but as long as you are yourself, honest, and compose your words well, you'll do great. At the end she said we had to meet with the store director. Still waiting for that email but based from what she said I think she likes me. Prayers up and blessings down!

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sephora.

It was a group interview. It was super laid back because the managers made you feel completely comfortable. It was 6 of us total and we sat around the room. The questions were basic strengths and weaknesses as well as why you would want to work for sephora. There was no tricky questions at all. We actually joked around a lot. So it went well. Just waiting to hear back.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I met the manager and gave them my resume and scheduled an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a place or restaurant that has good customer service   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in March 2014.

Applied online. Got an interview 2 weeks later. Interviewed on a Friday. We were supposed to hear something after they called our references which was today, but neither of my references were called. Hopefully tomorrow I will hear something. The interview wa extremely easy. I took charge during the interview and the others basically went off of my answers & showed no originality but the interviewer seemed more drawn to them.