Sephora Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Denver, CO).

Interview

I wasn't looking for a job I walked in and the manager came over to help me. We began to talk and she then offered me a sit down with her. When I met with her a few days later she told me she liked me and that she normally doesn't do this but she wanted to offer me the position without an interview. I accepted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was a store manager at another location. I was contacted and went in to do my interview at the location in which i would be hired. I was asked questions about my back ground etc. and told that i would be contacted within a certain amount of time as i was initially interviewed as a seasonal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with four other applicants. I received a call approximately 30 minutes after the interview asking me to attend a make-up trial interview. Immediately following the trial I was asked to stay for a one-on-one interview with the store manager, after that interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sephora?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

After coming into the store and speaking with an associate, I was encouraged to apply. After sending my application, I was contacted the next day and we scheduled an interview. I met two members of the Sephora team at a nearby cafe lobby and they interviewed me over coffee. One was a manager I had met in-store, and the other was one that I had not met. It was just the three of us- this surprised me because everything I had seen online pointed to group interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied Online...Received an Email about 2 weeks later for a Job Fair. Went to the Job Fair Today ended up having an One on One Interview. Thought it went kind of fast, good convo....but fast. Anyway she called me about two hours Later and offered me a position!

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I was asked if i was interested in employment and accepted. I was hired as part time but rarely scheduled to work so minimum hours based on budget. I attended orientation shortly after.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and I got a call like probably like a month I guess it was because I applied during the holidays. Well when they called me I was ask about my availability and why I wanted to work for Sephora, the guy that called me told me they would call me back in a week and if they didn't call me I could call back. So after a week I called back and asked what was the status of my application and they asked me to come in for an interview. Initially was a group interview but I was not available for that day and they gave me another day and it ended up being a one and one interview ( good becuase I personally don't like interviews, and specially group interviews, I always get super nervous). The day of the interview I got there 10 mins early. They took me to the back (office) and the interview started. It was the coordinator and an advisor. They asked the basic questions like past experience with customer service, how was my last job, what would my last manager say about me, why I wanted to for for Sephora and not other company, most of the questions were about customer service I wish I could remember so It could be helpful to anyone else. I didn't get any offer at the point they said they would give me a call before the week ends, so I'm crossing my fingers I get a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for sephora? What would I do if I see an employee stealing some thing from the store ? My customer service experienced What was my other job like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Norfolk, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online then was called for in person interview. Interview went great hoping to hear back this week. The interviewer realized we had crossed paths at my previous job and it was like a conversation with a friend.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview was with five girls all applying for the same position. We sat in a circle and they asked questions regarding team work and how we dealt with customers. Also when was a time you had a difficult customer?

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied to multiple store locations. One store sent an email for an invitation to a Sephora job fair, 2 called extending invitations for group interviews, and another also sent an email asking me to go in to speak with a manager about opportunities (they just asked for basic information such as availability and basic interview questions for further consideration for a group interview). Basic interview questions - past work experience, customer service experiences & expectations, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer broke a bottle of perfume shortly after purchasing?   Answer Question