Sephora Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora in March 2015.

Group interview with 4 other ladies. I was interviewed by 2 store specialist(assistant managers). It was a busy day they were distracted. They asked about our own shopping experience in the store and lots about past retail experience

Interview Questions
  • They asked lots customer service questions not that many makeup related questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sephora in March 2015.

It was a group interview with the Talent Specialist. She asked random questions (personal and business) to see what our personalities were like. We were able to do the same in return to her. In the end, she told us that there were no positions available in her store until April. There's openings for a new store, and two stores in Timex Square. She said the follow up for a decision will be the next day. I never heard from her, I then decided to reach out to her. She said she contacted me after the interview (however I didn't receive anything) and wanted to move me to the second round, she's looking for a location for me to go to. I never heard back from get.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sephora in February 2015.

I went to the Sephora in Downtown Brooklyn and asked if they were hiring. They said yes they were and all I have to do is fill in the application online and bring in my resume. I had already filled out the application and asked if I can just hand in my resume today. The manager said no and to come back next week Monday. I came back on Monday, with my makeup done and wearing all black as suggested by the worker. I found the manager and handed in my resume. She took my resume and asked me like two questions. She told me she will hand in my resume to HR and they will email me if I will be interviewed and to come back in a couple of WEEKS for the status of application.I was there for ONLY 5 minutes, if not less. All of this could've been done when I was there before. It was such a waste of my time, waste of my ONLY 5 dollars (to eat) for the week to travel back to that sephora especially in the 7 degree weather!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sephora in February 2015.

We waited near the cashier which appeared their go to place for interviewees because many staff members walked by and said "good luck!"

The group interview was really just myself and one other person who was applying for a completely different position. The HR manager asked us to describe ourselves, an adjective that described us and why we wished to work for Sephora. The experience was fun and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is an adjective that describes you best?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in February 2015.

I applied online and got a call back 2 days later asking for an interview the very next day. I had three one on one interviews over the course of 3 weeks. Never had a group interview like many reviews on here say. The questions were very basic, nothing too hard just a lot of case scenarios. Each interview took up around 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a customer who gave you a hard time and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Applied online, Got a call back, went in on a group interview than went back for a one on one interview and was sent a contract to negotiate with. It was easy and very friendly eviorment . The leaders were very gracious

Interview Questions
    I was emailed a contract

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

the interview id say was great , 5-6 other girls and all got to say what we wanted, did a small demo and got called immediately for a second interview , the very next day got hired and went to an orientation. It was so much fun!! I loved the experience and the knowledge they gave us! For the onboard , it was 12-4 and it felt like an hour! I love this job, this is an awesome company to work for

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond with a client.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview was easy. There was a group interview setting with the assistant store manager. There was a guide that she went by to ask questions. Mostly were related to what would you do in various situations with clients and cast. The same day we interviewed with the store director. All interviews took place outside of the store, due to lack of space backstage. Fortunately it was holiday hiring season and we were hired the same day.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora in September 2014.

The managers want to see how well you match with the company's seven core values! I also was introduced to every working cast member. The interview lasted about an hour

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview was a group interview and took a long time. Probably 8-10 girls. Asked everyone maybe 10-15 questions. Asked why I chose sephora? Read their mission online it'll really help.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a co-worker asked you to bend the rules and what did you do?   Answer Question