Sephora Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

30 interviews

2.6

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview was a group interview and took a long time. Probably 8-10 girls. Asked everyone maybe 10-15 questions. Asked why I chose sephora? Read their mission online it'll really help.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time a co-worker asked you to bend the rules and what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sephora.

I applied online in Feb of 2014 I didn't get a call for any interview until the end of May. It was a group interview with only four girls. But they were interviewing other girls on different days.

Interview Questions
    The pay was better than expected

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sephora.

Saw ad for job fair, went and applied. Interviewers had on tons of makeup. My boyfriend gets annoyed by this when we go into the store. Was asked the broken perfume bottle question. Dumbest question ever. She was more interested in my references. I earlier interviewed at a bank and wasn't even grilled to such extent. She seemed uninterested on the fact that I have done three weddings this month and had proof. Now I know this is only about sales and not so much passion for cosmetics. Was told I will be contacted within a week, but after the interview I think id rather stay just a customer and freelance MUA. The pay doesn't sound appealing either. Wasn't offered yet any position but I'm going to decline anyway. Not only did they interview me, but I interviewed them and I'm not interested.

Interview Questions
    • How was my past experience as a customer with sephora? The broken perfume bottle question....   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in July 2014.

I put in an application online and about a week later I received a phone call to go in for an interview the following Monday. I've always wanted to work for Sephora and have a cousin who works at another location so I was pretty confident that I'd get the job. When I arrived (10 minutes early) I was asked to wait while the manager spoke to a client. I browsed the store for 30 minutes waiting, which was fine because I had time to mentally prepare myself. When I was finally called in for the interview I was greeted by a male manager who made ABSOLUTELY no eye contact with me throughout the entire interview process. He seemed very annoyed that he had to conduct an interview as if it were wasting his time.
    During the interview he asked me the standard questions and even more so, i.e. where are our headquarters, who is Sephora owned by, etc. All of which I answered correctly because for 3 DAYS I religiously studied the company's history, interview questions and so on. He seemed to be impressed with my answers... up until he asked what I wanted for my future. I told him I was an artist and that I had recently become very interested in Interior Design. Wrong answer. He immediately and without hesitation told me that he didn't have anything open for me at the moment and that I wasn't the "right fit." Overall, worst interview of my life. He was rude, pretentious and uninterested as hell.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a customer to also buy eyeshadow when they're looking for concealer?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sephora.

the process took a long time after i applied online. i was called a day before, and told about the interview info and went to the interview at the location and there was a lot of people because it was a career fair. it was a group interview of 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora in August 2013.

I applied one evening and the next morning i got a call from two stores. they did an over the phone inter view, why do i want to work at sephora, tell me about yourself etc. Sephora is HUGE on customer service so make sure your answer is customer service based. if they ask the broken perfume question, you do an exchange for the client. if they ask about why you want to work there don't make it about makeup. they can make anyone a makeup artist they cant make you customer friendly. Oh and they do a very thorough reference check so make sure who ever you put on there loves you and can vouch for you 100%

Interview Questions
    I asked for 12 they said they could only do 11.50 so i just accepted.

Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in March 2014.

I had applied online and the process took about three weeks. I was called for a group interview that included me and 4 other girls, each of us had opportunity to speak and was a very relaxed. Make sure you appear energetic and outgoing. Speak up and make your presence known without talking out of turn. Later I was called for a second interview with the Store Manager, very much like the first interview it was relaxed and I felt very comfortable. She invited me back for a "demo". In the demo I was asked to greet customers and interact as I would if I worked there. They want loud high energy people. Make sure you are talkative and interactive in this demo. The Assistant Manager said he would speak with the District Manager and contact me once she returned from vacation. Although, I did not get a call back the interviews were pleasant. Expect the process of being hired to take long.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. General questions were; "Why do you want to work at Sephora?", "Name a time you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it?", "How do you feel being under pressure?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

It was a group interview, and it was very easy. We were all hired on the spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

I applied online to a few different stores, had a short phone interview, she set me up with a group interview. It wasn't as intense as it seems, very chill. It was 2 other girls. They both looked casual. I dressed in all black and white, make up fully done and a bold lip. You want to stick out. Asked us about 5-8 questions about our customer service skills, after it's over they will call you in a few days (in my case it was 10) for a second interview. Which is a 1-1 with the hiring manager, they get to know you a little more and ask more detailed questions. Then if you do good they will call you for a final interview with the store director. Its short and important you want him/her to remember you because they connect with the hiring manager to decide if they want to hire you. After all this and your still golden they will call you after they call your references and give you an offer of how much you'll start making and how many hours. Very long process.

Interview Questions
    • What's 3 things that make a shift run smoothly?
      How do you handle micro-clients?
      What's some competitors?
      Overall customer service experience.
        Answer Question
    They Offer what I wanted, no negotiation necessary.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

The interview was very professional, and i had a overall good experience with it. Even though i didn't get the job, i think it was for the best. i didn't realise what the job fully in tailed. i thought it would be just cashier period. But they would prefer if you could also work the floor. I don't personally didn't have the knowledge about makeup at the time to be doing that.

Interview Questions
    • I realised at the interview that the people who generally get hired are either Makeup artist or aextremely knowledgeable about make up and skilled at applying it   Answer Question

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!