Sephora

Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.6

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

the interview id say was great , 5-6 other girls and all got to say what we wanted, did a small demo and got called immediately for a second interview , the very next day got hired and went to an orientation. It was so much fun!! I loved the experience and the knowledge they gave us! For the onboard , it was 12-4 and it felt like an hour! I love this job, this is an awesome company to work for

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you went above and beyond with a client.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Cashier Interview

Interview was easy. There was a group interview setting with the assistant store manager. There was a guide that she went by to ask questions. Mostly were related to what would you do in various situations with clients and cast. The same day we interviewed with the store director. All interviews took place outside of the store, due to lack of space backstage. Fortunately it was holiday hiring season and we were hired the same day.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview was a group interview and took a long time. Probably 8-10 girls. Asked everyone maybe 10-15 questions. Asked why I chose sephora? Read their mission online it'll really help.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a co-worker asked you to bend the rules and what did you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sephora.

I applied online in Feb of 2014 I didn't get a call for any interview until the end of May. It was a group interview with only four girls. But they were interviewing other girls on different days.

Interview Questions
    The pay was better than expected

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sephora.

Saw ad for job fair, went and applied. Interviewers had on tons of makeup. My boyfriend gets annoyed by this when we go into the store. Was asked the broken perfume bottle question. Dumbest question ever. She was more interested in my references. I earlier interviewed at a bank and wasn't even grilled to such extent. She seemed uninterested on the fact that I have done three weddings this month and had proof. Now I know this is only about sales and not so much passion for cosmetics. Was told I will be contacted within a week, but after the interview I think id rather stay just a customer and freelance MUA. The pay doesn't sound appealing either. Wasn't offered yet any position but I'm going to decline anyway. Not only did they interview me, but I interviewed them and I'm not interested.

Interview Questions
    • How was my past experience as a customer with sephora? The broken perfume bottle question....   View Answers (2)

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

the process took a long time after i applied online. i was called a day before, and told about the interview info and went to the interview at the location and there was a lot of people because it was a career fair. it was a group interview of 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora in July 2014.

I put in an application online and about a week later I received a phone call to go in for an interview the following Monday. I've always wanted to work for Sephora and have a cousin who works at another location so I was pretty confident that I'd get the job. When I arrived (10 minutes early) I was asked to wait while the manager spoke to a client. I browsed the store for 30 minutes waiting, which was fine because I had time to mentally prepare myself. When I was finally called in for the interview I was greeted by a male manager who made ABSOLUTELY no eye contact with me throughout the entire interview process. He seemed very annoyed that he had to conduct an interview as if it were wasting his time.
    During the interview he asked me the standard questions and even more so, i.e. where are our headquarters, who is Sephora owned by, etc. All of which I answered correctly because for 3 DAYS I religiously studied the company's history, interview questions and so on. He seemed to be impressed with my answers... up until he asked what I wanted for my future. I told him I was an artist and that I had recently become very interested in Interior Design. Wrong answer. He immediately and without hesitation told me that he didn't have anything open for me at the moment and that I wasn't the "right fit." Overall, worst interview of my life. He was rude, pretentious and uninterested as hell.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a customer to also buy eyeshadow when they're looking for concealer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora in July 2014.

Just finished my 4 th interview, hopefully I will hear something soon . Same questions asked during all of the interviews and all of the interviews were on the evening. On my second interview the manager had to eat lunch before interviewing me.

Cashier Interview

It was a group interview, and it was very easy. We were all hired on the spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

I applied online to a few different stores, had a short phone interview, she set me up with a group interview. It wasn't as intense as it seems, very chill. It was 2 other girls. They both looked casual. I dressed in all black and white, make up fully done and a bold lip. You want to stick out. Asked us about 5-8 questions about our customer service skills, after it's over they will call you in a few days (in my case it was 10) for a second interview. Which is a 1-1 with the hiring manager, they get to know you a little more and ask more detailed questions. Then if you do good they will call you for a final interview with the store director. Its short and important you want him/her to remember you because they connect with the hiring manager to decide if they want to hire you. After all this and your still golden they will call you after they call your references and give you an offer of how much you'll start making and how many hours. Very long process.

Interview Questions
    • What's 3 things that make a shift run smoothly?
      How do you handle micro-clients?
      What's some competitors?
      Overall customer service experience.
        Answer Question
    They Offer what I wanted, no negotiation necessary.