Sephora Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and there i got a call back a few days after. I went in for a group interview and I thought it would be a bunch of people but it was only another girl and I. The manager who interviewed us was super nice and she made us feel really relaxed and comfortable. It felt more like a conversation then straight forward questions. The girl who interviewed with me did not want to take her jacket off at the request of the manager and I think that hurt her and she was also wearing sneakers (it doesnt matter that they were black) and the manager kept looking at them. You are applying at Sephora , appearance is very important. Also when asked why you want to work at Sephora why would you say "because I love makeup" Duhhhh they know. Focus on customer service as that is like the number 1 priority. I got a call back about 30 mins after my interview to come in for a second interview with the store manager. I was super nervous because that's everyone's boss at the store. When I went in for the second interview, it was even easier than the first. The whole time we had a conversation about languages and countries and makeup. She was so nice and at the end she told me that I have the job (based on my references) and I was excited. She said that the reason she didn't ask me any questions is because she can teach the technical aspect of the job but she cant teach personality so Yay for my super upbeat attitude. They called my references the same day and called me two days later with an offer. I completed the forms online and now I'm just waiting for my first day. My tip is not to be nervous and to just focus on customer service. Of course you love makeup but that doesn't mean you can sell it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sephora (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with me and another girl and two of the managers. It was very laid back, we even joked a bit. She said that there are three parts of the interviewing process, group interview, one on one interview and then a demo, where they put you on the floor and see how you do. They were very interested in learning about us and who we are.

Interview Questions

• What would you dream job be?   Answer Question
    • If a customer were to come in, buy a new highlight, and then come back later with the same highlight but they dropped it and it shattered what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite part of your last job and your least favorite?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Did a group interview and a one-on-one (more like a two-on-one as I was interviewed by two upper team members a week after the group interview). The ladies said they would call me to follow-up but it's been over a week and I haven't heard from them. Questions are pretty typical. Just be prepared and know a lot about the company.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Apparently there is a 4-step hiring process. The first part is a group interview. I went in with 5 other girls and it was like a group conversation. It was laid back and very easy going. The hiring manager asked questions like "Why Sephora?" "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Now I'm just waiting to see if I get a call for a second interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth to say the least, there is a group interview you go through then one on one then you receive your call back to know if you got the job or not.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online, got called back two days later for a group interview with two other girls. I was really nervous, but overall everything went smoothly. The interview was conducted by two of the managers, and they were both very nice and made the experience less nerve wracking. It's been about two days since the interview, and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later. My interview was set for Monday at 11am. I arrived fifteen minutes early, wearing all black and a full face of makeup. It was a one-on-one interview with one of the managers. She was friendly and made the whole process very comfortable. Most of the questions were scenario-type dealing with customer service and experience. It lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you dealt with an angry customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What does teamwork mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Arcadia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of group interview, one-on-one interview, and demo. If you made it after the group interview, you would get a phone call. If you did not, you would receive an email thanking you.

Interview Questions

• What would your best friend change about you? Describe a time that this trait didn't work out for you. A client dropped a bottle of perfume they just bought and it broke. Would you exchange the perfume for the client? Why Sephora? Demo consisted of pretending to ring at the register.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went through the same 3-step interview process: Group, personality/demo, meet with top manager. This location was so unorganized, I can see why they are the lowest earning store in my area. They coordinated interviews with me to meet with a specific manager, and I ended up being pawned off to different assistant managers for each process. I was extended an offer for the second interview, and was told that they needed to consult with their superiors before I could start. On the day I was supposed to have my offer finalized, they called me in for a last minute "informal meeting" with the specific manager who flaked out on all previous meetings. And then I guess they forgot about the original offer I was extended.

Interview Questions

• What does professionalism mean to you? Why are you interested in working for Sephora?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 4 other ladies. I was interviewed by 2 store specialist(assistant managers). It was a busy day they were distracted. They asked about our own shopping experience in the store and lots about past retail experience

Interview Questions

• They asked lots customer service questions not that many makeup related questions   Answer Question