Sephora Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and there i got a call back a few days after. I went in for a group interview and I thought it would be a bunch of people but it was only another girl and I.
The manager who interviewed us was super nice and she made us feel really relaxed and comfortable. It felt more like a conversation then straight forward questions. The girl who interviewed with me did not want to take her jacket off at the request of the manager and I think that hurt her and she was also wearing sneakers (it doesnt matter that they were black) and the manager kept looking at them. You are applying at Sephora , appearance is very important. Also when asked why you want to work at Sephora why would you say "because I love makeup" Duhhhh they know. Focus on customer service as that is like the number 1 priority.
I got a call back about 30 mins after my interview to come in for a second interview with the store manager. I was super nervous because that's everyone's boss at the store.
When I went in for the second interview, it was even easier than the first. The whole time we had a conversation about languages and countries and makeup. She was so nice and at the end she told me that I have the job (based on my references) and I was excited. She said that the reason she didn't ask me any questions is because she can teach the technical aspect of the job but she cant teach personality so Yay for my super upbeat attitude.
They called my references the same day and called me two days later with an offer. I completed the forms online and now I'm just waiting for my first day.
My tip is not to be nervous and to just focus on customer service. Of course you love makeup but that doesn't mean you can sell it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Apparently there is a 4-step hiring process. The first part is a group interview. I went in with 5 other girls and it was like a group conversation. It was laid back and very easy going. The hiring manager asked questions like "Why Sephora?" "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Now I'm just waiting to see if I get a call for a second interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth to say the least, there is a group interview you go through then one on one then you receive your call back to know if you got the job or not.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online, got called back two days later for a group interview with two other girls. I was really nervous, but overall everything went smoothly. The interview was conducted by two of the managers, and they were both very nice and made the experience less nerve wracking. It's been about two days since the interview, and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later. My interview was set for Monday at 11am. I arrived fifteen minutes early, wearing all black and a full face of makeup. It was a one-on-one interview with one of the managers. She was friendly and made the whole process very comfortable. Most of the questions were scenario-type dealing with customer service and experience. It lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you dealt with an angry customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What does teamwork mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Arcadia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of group interview, one-on-one interview, and demo. If you made it after the group interview, you would get a phone call. If you did not, you would receive an email thanking you.

Interview Questions

• What would your best friend change about you? Describe a time that this trait didn't work out for you.

A client dropped a bottle of perfume they just bought and it broke. Would you exchange the perfume for the client?

Why Sephora?

Demo consisted of pretending to ring at the register.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 4 other ladies. I was interviewed by 2 store specialist(assistant managers). It was a busy day they were distracted. They asked about our own shopping experience in the store and lots about past retail experience

Interview Questions

• They asked lots customer service questions not that many makeup related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with the Talent Specialist. She asked random questions (personal and business) to see what our personalities were like. We were able to do the same in return to her. In the end, she told us that there were no positions available in her store until April. There's openings for a new store, and two stores in Timex Square. She said the follow up for a decision will be the next day. I never heard from her, I then decided to reach out to her. She said she contacted me after the interview (however I didn't receive anything) and wanted to move me to the second round, she's looking for a location for me to go to. I never heard back from get.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sephora (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to the Sephora in Downtown Brooklyn and asked if they were hiring. They said yes they were and all I have to do is fill in the application online and bring in my resume. I had already filled out the application and asked if I can just hand in my resume today. The manager said no and to come back next week Monday. I came back on Monday, with my makeup done and wearing all black as suggested by the worker. I found the manager and handed in my resume. She took my resume and asked me like two questions. She told me she will hand in my resume to HR and they will email me if I will be interviewed and to come back in a couple of WEEKS for the status of application.I was there for ONLY 5 minutes, if not less. All of this could've been done when I was there before. It was such a waste of my time, waste of my ONLY 5 dollars (to eat) for the week to travel back to that sephora especially in the 7 degree weather!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

We waited near the cashier which appeared their go to place for interviewees because many staff members walked by and said "good luck!"

The group interview was really just myself and one other person who was applying for a completely different position. The HR manager asked us to describe ourselves, an adjective that described us and why we wished to work for Sephora. The experience was fun and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is an adjective that describes you best?   2 Answers