Sephora Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and there i got a call back a few days after. I went in for a group interview and I thought it would be a bunch of people but it was only another girl and I. The manager who interviewed us was super nice and she made us feel really relaxed and comfortable. It felt more like a conversation then straight forward questions. The girl who interviewed with me did not want to take her jacket off at the request of the manager and I think that hurt her and she was also wearing sneakers (it doesnt matter that they were black) and the manager kept looking at them. You are applying at Sephora , appearance is very important. Also when asked why you want to work at Sephora why would you say "because I love makeup" Duhhhh they know. Focus on customer service as that is like the number 1 priority. I got a call back about 30 mins after my interview to come in for a second interview with the store manager. I was super nervous because that's everyone's boss at the store. When I went in for the second interview, it was even easier than the first. The whole time we had a conversation about languages and countries and makeup. She was so nice and at the end she told me that I have the job (based on my references) and I was excited. She said that the reason she didn't ask me any questions is because she can teach the technical aspect of the job but she cant teach personality so Yay for my super upbeat attitude. They called my references the same day and called me two days later with an offer. I completed the forms online and now I'm just waiting for my first day. My tip is not to be nervous and to just focus on customer service. Of course you love makeup but that doesn't mean you can sell it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

It didn't take very long. There were two other girls in the interview and it was the hiring manager as well as another manager but he did more observing than talking. I went into the interview stressed, but not because of the interview itself. One reason was because my hour and a half commute ALMOST made me late. I think I seemed relaxed though, but I'm hoping my body language didn't give away my nerves (this wasn't my first interview for a job by the way). Anyway! The other girls that were there were nice so it didn't make the interview uncomfortable. Also, bring a copy of your resume even if you already have been in to drop it off. It's been 11 days since the interview and I have not heard back so I'm continuing my job search. The only thing I have an issue with is that the hiring manager specifically said that we would get emailed whether or not we were extended an offer. I have not gotten an email, and I even called the store (but unfortunately the hiring manager wasn't there) and left my info and still haven't heard back. I just think it's really unprofessional of them to say they'll do something so simple and not do it. Some people can't wait around forever to hear back. End rant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, there were 5 of us. She found us a place to sit by the food court & asked why we wanted to work at Sephora. She would ask a question and we would go around the table answering it, meanwhile she was taking notes. I personally felt like she picked favorites as time went by & more questions were answered. I tried to express my passion for makeup and beauty and for the company itself but just didn't work out. Better luck next time!!

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite thing about a previous job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Interview went ok. The lady didn't seem very interested in me from the start. I was still hoping to get the job but no call back. Oh well maybe next time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sephora (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with me and another girl and two of the managers. It was very laid back, we even joked a bit. She said that there are three parts of the interviewing process, group interview, one on one interview and then a demo, where they put you on the floor and see how you do. They were very interested in learning about us and who we are.

Interview Questions

• What would you dream job be?   Answer Question
    • If a customer were to come in, buy a new highlight, and then come back later with the same highlight but they dropped it and it shattered what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite part of your last job and your least favorite?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Did a group interview and a one-on-one (more like a two-on-one as I was interviewed by two upper team members a week after the group interview). The ladies said they would call me to follow-up but it's been over a week and I haven't heard from them. Questions are pretty typical. Just be prepared and know a lot about the company.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Apparently there is a 4-step hiring process. The first part is a group interview. I went in with 5 other girls and it was like a group conversation. It was laid back and very easy going. The hiring manager asked questions like "Why Sephora?" "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Now I'm just waiting to see if I get a call for a second interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth to say the least, there is a group interview you go through then one on one then you receive your call back to know if you got the job or not.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online, got called back two days later for a group interview with two other girls. I was really nervous, but overall everything went smoothly. The interview was conducted by two of the managers, and they were both very nice and made the experience less nerve wracking. It's been about two days since the interview, and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later. My interview was set for Monday at 11am. I arrived fifteen minutes early, wearing all black and a full face of makeup. It was a one-on-one interview with one of the managers. She was friendly and made the whole process very comfortable. Most of the questions were scenario-type dealing with customer service and experience. It lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you dealt with an angry customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What does teamwork mean to you?   Answer Question