Sephora

Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sephora in February 2015.

I went to the Sephora in Downtown Brooklyn and asked if they were hiring. They said yes they were and all I have to do is fill in the application online and bring in my resume. I had already filled out the application and asked if I can just hand in my resume today. The manager said no and to come back next week Monday. I came back on Monday, with my makeup done and wearing all black as suggested by the worker. I found the manager and handed in my resume. She took my resume and asked me like two questions. She told me she will hand in my resume to HR and they will email me if I will be interviewed and to come back in a couple of WEEKS for the status of application.I was there for ONLY 5 minutes, if not less. All of this could've been done when I was there before. It was such a waste of my time, waste of my ONLY 5 dollars (to eat) for the week to travel back to that sephora especially in the 7 degree weather!

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Applied online, Got a call back, went in on a group interview than went back for a one on one interview and was sent a contract to negotiate with. It was easy and very friendly eviorment . The leaders were very gracious

Interview Questions
    I was emailed a contract

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

the interview id say was great , 5-6 other girls and all got to say what we wanted, did a small demo and got called immediately for a second interview , the very next day got hired and went to an orientation. It was so much fun!! I loved the experience and the knowledge they gave us! For the onboard , it was 12-4 and it felt like an hour! I love this job, this is an awesome company to work for

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond with a client.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview was easy. There was a group interview setting with the assistant store manager. There was a guide that she went by to ask questions. Mostly were related to what would you do in various situations with clients and cast. The same day we interviewed with the store director. All interviews took place outside of the store, due to lack of space backstage. Fortunately it was holiday hiring season and we were hired the same day.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora in September 2014.

The managers want to see how well you match with the company's seven core values! I also was introduced to every working cast member. The interview lasted about an hour

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview was a group interview and took a long time. Probably 8-10 girls. Asked everyone maybe 10-15 questions. Asked why I chose sephora? Read their mission online it'll really help.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a co-worker asked you to bend the rules and what did you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sephora.

I applied online in Feb of 2014 I didn't get a call for any interview until the end of May. It was a group interview with only four girls. But they were interviewing other girls on different days.

Interview Questions
    The pay was better than expected

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sephora.

Saw ad for job fair, went and applied. Interviewers had on tons of makeup. My boyfriend gets annoyed by this when we go into the store. Was asked the broken perfume bottle question. Dumbest question ever. She was more interested in my references. I earlier interviewed at a bank and wasn't even grilled to such extent. She seemed uninterested on the fact that I have done three weddings this month and had proof. Now I know this is only about sales and not so much passion for cosmetics. Was told I will be contacted within a week, but after the interview I think id rather stay just a customer and freelance MUA. The pay doesn't sound appealing either. Wasn't offered yet any position but I'm going to decline anyway. Not only did they interview me, but I interviewed them and I'm not interested.

Interview Questions
    • How was my past experience as a customer with sephora? The broken perfume bottle question....   View Answers (2)

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

the process took a long time after i applied online. i was called a day before, and told about the interview info and went to the interview at the location and there was a lot of people because it was a career fair. it was a group interview of 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora in July 2014.

I put in an application online and about a week later I received a phone call to go in for an interview the following Monday. I've always wanted to work for Sephora and have a cousin who works at another location so I was pretty confident that I'd get the job. When I arrived (10 minutes early) I was asked to wait while the manager spoke to a client. I browsed the store for 30 minutes waiting, which was fine because I had time to mentally prepare myself. When I was finally called in for the interview I was greeted by a male manager who made ABSOLUTELY no eye contact with me throughout the entire interview process. He seemed very annoyed that he had to conduct an interview as if it were wasting his time.
    During the interview he asked me the standard questions and even more so, i.e. where are our headquarters, who is Sephora owned by, etc. All of which I answered correctly because for 3 DAYS I religiously studied the company's history, interview questions and so on. He seemed to be impressed with my answers... up until he asked what I wanted for my future. I told him I was an artist and that I had recently become very interested in Interior Design. Wrong answer. He immediately and without hesitation told me that he didn't have anything open for me at the moment and that I wasn't the "right fit." Overall, worst interview of my life. He was rude, pretentious and uninterested as hell.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a customer to also buy eyeshadow when they're looking for concealer?   View Answer