Sephora Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.6

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in September 2012.

I applied online for every available position. The process took a while at first. I began submitting applications about 6 months before I actually got a call back. Once I got a call from the manager, the process was seamless. We set up a time to meet the following week at Panera. I'm not sure if interviews are usually don off site, but the store I interviewed for isn't open yet. The store manager was already there- I showed up about 15 minuted early, and we talked as we waited for the assistant manager to arrive. The interview itself was very low-key, and it felt more like a conversation with friends than an interview. We talked product and talked about the company. They both gave me and opportunity to ask any questions I may have. I asked how long they had been with the company which they both seemed to appreciate.

Interview Questions
  • The first question I was asked was what my favorite products were.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora in July 2014.

Just finished my 4 th interview, hopefully I will hear something soon . Same questions asked during all of the interviews and all of the interviews were on the evening. On my second interview the manager had to eat lunch before interviewing me.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview was a group interview and took a long time. Probably 8-10 girls. Asked everyone maybe 10-15 questions. Asked why I chose sephora? Read their mission online it'll really help.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a co-worker asked you to bend the rules and what did you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sephora.

I applied online in Feb of 2014 I didn't get a call for any interview until the end of May. It was a group interview with only four girls. But they were interviewing other girls on different days.

Interview Questions
    The pay was better than expected

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sephora.

Saw ad for job fair, went and applied. Interviewers had on tons of makeup. My boyfriend gets annoyed by this when we go into the store. Was asked the broken perfume bottle question. Dumbest question ever. She was more interested in my references. I earlier interviewed at a bank and wasn't even grilled to such extent. She seemed uninterested on the fact that I have done three weddings this month and had proof. Now I know this is only about sales and not so much passion for cosmetics. Was told I will be contacted within a week, but after the interview I think id rather stay just a customer and freelance MUA. The pay doesn't sound appealing either. Wasn't offered yet any position but I'm going to decline anyway. Not only did they interview me, but I interviewed them and I'm not interested.

Interview Questions
    • How was my past experience as a customer with sephora? The broken perfume bottle question....   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in July 2014.

I put in an application online and about a week later I received a phone call to go in for an interview the following Monday. I've always wanted to work for Sephora and have a cousin who works at another location so I was pretty confident that I'd get the job. When I arrived (10 minutes early) I was asked to wait while the manager spoke to a client. I browsed the store for 30 minutes waiting, which was fine because I had time to mentally prepare myself. When I was finally called in for the interview I was greeted by a male manager who made ABSOLUTELY no eye contact with me throughout the entire interview process. He seemed very annoyed that he had to conduct an interview as if it were wasting his time.
    During the interview he asked me the standard questions and even more so, i.e. where are our headquarters, who is Sephora owned by, etc. All of which I answered correctly because for 3 DAYS I religiously studied the company's history, interview questions and so on. He seemed to be impressed with my answers... up until he asked what I wanted for my future. I told him I was an artist and that I had recently become very interested in Interior Design. Wrong answer. He immediately and without hesitation told me that he didn't have anything open for me at the moment and that I wasn't the "right fit." Overall, worst interview of my life. He was rude, pretentious and uninterested as hell.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a customer to also buy eyeshadow when they're looking for concealer?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sephora.

the process took a long time after i applied online. i was called a day before, and told about the interview info and went to the interview at the location and there was a lot of people because it was a career fair. it was a group interview of 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora in August 2013.

I applied one evening and the next morning i got a call from two stores. they did an over the phone inter view, why do i want to work at sephora, tell me about yourself etc. Sephora is HUGE on customer service so make sure your answer is customer service based. if they ask the broken perfume question, you do an exchange for the client. if they ask about why you want to work there don't make it about makeup. they can make anyone a makeup artist they cant make you customer friendly. Oh and they do a very thorough reference check so make sure who ever you put on there loves you and can vouch for you 100%

Interview Questions
    I asked for 12 they said they could only do 11.50 so i just accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in March 2014.

I had applied online and the process took about three weeks. I was called for a group interview that included me and 4 other girls, each of us had opportunity to speak and was a very relaxed. Make sure you appear energetic and outgoing. Speak up and make your presence known without talking out of turn. Later I was called for a second interview with the Store Manager, very much like the first interview it was relaxed and I felt very comfortable. She invited me back for a "demo". In the demo I was asked to greet customers and interact as I would if I worked there. They want loud high energy people. Make sure you are talkative and interactive in this demo. The Assistant Manager said he would speak with the District Manager and contact me once she returned from vacation. Although, I did not get a call back the interviews were pleasant. Expect the process of being hired to take long.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. General questions were; "Why do you want to work at Sephora?", "Name a time you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it?", "How do you feel being under pressure?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

It was a group interview, and it was very easy. We were all hired on the spot

Interview Questions

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!