Sephora

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Applied during holiday season and had a group interview within that week. They will re-interview you after the holiday season either 2 or 3 more times. Store manager will interview you along with another manager. You can tell if they want to keep you after seasonal if you continuously have a shift the next week. If not, you're cut. Ask you tricky questions about where you see yourself in a year or 5 years. They find ways to see if you're just telling them what they want to hear. But, they want to know you do want to work there.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (You better say with the company)   Answer Question

Cast Member

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I had one interview before landing the job. I was asked very basic questions that were very customer and integrity focused.

Interview Question – The questions revolved around 'what would you do'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I was given what I'd asked for in the application. A coworker tried to negotiate by ended up at the same pay as me.

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to work at a new store opening. I applied at a "job fair" they held at the mall. About 4 days later I received a call from Sephora to interview with a panel, I arrived about 5 minutes early and interviewed with two other store managers. We actually laughed and had fun during the interview. The next day the specialist from my store called to interview me. We met at Starbucks and had coffee and talked for 2 hours like girlfriends, then two days after meeting with the specialist i met with the store director she was the hardest interview of them all. That interview lasted about 30 min. In all I had 3 interviews with Sephora

Interview Question – Here is a pen sell it to me. Why Sephora? What did you hate about your old job? What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sephora in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial call, two interviews

Interview Question – How did you handle an ethically difficult situation at your last job? (or something to that effect)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me what I would be paid. They told me I would be hired as seasonal but that if I was taken on permantly there could be opportunities for education and training.

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I had a brief phone interview and then came in for a one on one interview that was held in the mall. It was very relaxed and casual.

Interview Question – The Mgr. asked Me to tell her about my best and worst customer experiences working in cosmetics.
She also asked me what makes me want to work at Sephore.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Mgr. asked me what I wanted hourly ( sitting down in the mall) I suggested a number and she agreed. I had done my research and knew what someone else approx. was hired at.

Lombard, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in April 2009.

Interview Details – I found the job on craigslist.I sent my resume via email and was contacted for an interview the same day.The interview was very easy going.There were lots of typical questions and if you show a desire for make-up you're hired.They hired more than other places due to the high turnover.I was hired on the spot with a reasonable rate.Zero negotiation considering the limit of the position.Other fellow assosciates were offered promotions right off the bat depending on personality.

Interview Question – What is your favorite cosmetic line/product?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was zero room for negotiation.It was made quite clear that it was a take it or leave it offer.If you plan to negotiate i wouldn't expect to much.There are many people looking for this position and they will go through them easily.

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in October 2009.

Interview Details – I worked at a counter close by and had become familar with the associates here , yet it still took them two weeks to get my interview even though they told me they wanted me from the get go. After things started rolling It all went fairly fast and I was hired!

Interview Question – Give me one example of a time when you gave exceptional service?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details – met with recruiter then store director

Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Group interview with about 7 other girls, we would all answer the same questions in order. Called back for a one on one interview a few days after.

Interview Question – Difficulty you've had with an employeer   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sephora Cast Member interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sephora employees and interview candidates.