Sephora Cast Member Interview Questions

2.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in May 2014.

I applied for Sephora Pentagon Mall in Arlington Virginia over the internet. I received a call about 2 weeks later. They had invited to a group interview and gave me three dates and times to choose from. I did a lot of preparation for the group interview because I had never ben on one and I wanted to make sure that I stood out in the group, I didn't want to be looked over or over shadowed. I practice basic interview questions, and researched a few other suggested question that someone on youtube said they had answered on a Sephora group interview. Its a great idea to research the company as well and know their mission statement so that you could use it in your answers. They day of my group interview I dressed professionally in all black attire, mostly trying to look the part of an already established make up artist. I wore foundation, filled in my brows, liner, mascara, and a bright red matte lipstick because I knew that the girls I mostly see working their wear red lipstick. My group interview was with two other candidates, but later I found out they we were not applying for the same position, which was a relief because this one guy had way more experience than I had. At first I was a little nervous but after I loosened up and felt comfortable my answers were more genuine and flowed out more easily. She asked questions like "Why do you want to work for Sephora?" Please DONT say because I love make up. Trust me the other applicants will say that, and saying because I love make up doesn't explain why you choose Sephora specifically. I said " I wanted to work for Sephora because I was a frequent shopper of theirs. I noticed that every time I visited the store the employers were always positive and happy. I realized that they were happy because they had a passion for what they were doing. I too have a passion for skin care and make up artistry. Also I know that Sephora offers exceptional education and quality training in the career field in which I want to pursue." She also asked " What is the one thing that you think about before you go to bed at night and first thing in the morning, that one thing you have to complete or that you desire to do before you leave this earth?" I had never been asked this question on an interview, and I had not practice this either but it just came natural to me. My response was " Most people work jobs they have no desire doing. They get up every morning dreading going into work because their not passionate about it. I watched my mother struggle with this problem for years bouncing around from one job to another. I want a career that I am passionate about, something that I am eager to run off and do in the morning. Something that makes me so happy that is doesn't even feel like work! And for me that's make up. I like the versatility and the freedom to paint your face and express yourself that day." I think that she loved this answer. She asked a bunch of customer service questions as well. Be sure to take two extra copied of your resume in a neat black folder, and a notepad and pen. You may not need it but it just looks professional and my help you stand out because others may not have that. Try and answer most of the questions first, NOT ALL of them because you don't want to be overbearing. Sit up straight not lean on the table, SMILE SMILE SMILE! Try and make a funny joke in you answer to get them to laugh. Show your personality. Look directly at the other candidates when they are speaking as well, it shows you are attentive. And the end ask questions!!!!!! Make sure when they say do you any question, DO NOT SAY NO!!!! I got a call later that say day for a second interview, it was scheduled for two days later. I just went to that interview again dressed the same, same makeup but a pink lip with my folder and notepad. This time is was one on one she just asked questions about my goals and past positions. I kept the same demeanor as I didn't the first one, made a few jokes and smiled. THEY WILL CALL YOUR REFERENCES! After that interview again ask questions. I was bold enough to ask her " Is there anything that I may have said or done today that may lead you to believe that I am not fit for the position?" Her response " Girl please, you did perfect on the group interview and you did perfect today. I am scheduling you to meet with the store manager tomorrow at four." So it looks like I have the job. Hopefully my pointers work well for you as it did for it me. She also noticed that I have a notepad and pen and my resumes, and she noted that on her pad. So extra points for that. GOOD LUCK!!

Interview Questions
  • What is the one thing that you think about before you go to bed at night and first thing in the morning, that one thing you have to complete or that you desire to do before you leave this earth?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora.

Applied during holiday season and had a group interview within that week. They will re-interview you after the holiday season either 2 or 3 more times. Store manager will interview you along with another manager. You can tell if they want to keep you after seasonal if you continuously have a shift the next week. If not, you're cut. Ask you tricky questions about where you see yourself in a year or 5 years. They find ways to see if you're just telling them what they want to hear. But, they want to know you do want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (You better say with the company)   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

I had one interview before landing the job. I was asked very basic questions that were very customer and integrity focused.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because I was given what I'd asked for in the application. A coworker tried to negotiate by ended up at the same pay as me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in May 2013.

I applied to work at a new store opening. I applied at a "job fair" they held at the mall. About 4 days later I received a call from Sephora to interview with a panel, I arrived about 5 minutes early and interviewed with two other store managers. We actually laughed and had fun during the interview. The next day the specialist from my store called to interview me. We met at Starbucks and had coffee and talked for 2 hours like girlfriends, then two days after meeting with the specialist i met with the store director she was the hardest interview of them all. That interview lasted about 30 min. In all I had 3 interviews with Sephora

Interview Questions
    • Here is a pen sell it to me. Why Sephora? What did you hate about your old job? What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sephora in October 2012.

Initial call, two interviews

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an ethically difficult situation at your last job? (or something to that effect)   View Answer
    They told me what I would be paid. They told me I would be hired as seasonal but that if I was taken on permantly there could be opportunities for education and training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sephora.

I had a brief phone interview and then came in for a one on one interview that was held in the mall. It was very relaxed and casual.

Interview Questions
    • The Mgr. asked Me to tell her about my best and worst customer experiences working in cosmetics.
      She also asked me what makes me want to work at Sephore.
        Answer Question
    The Mgr. asked me what I wanted hourly ( sitting down in the mall) I suggested a number and she agreed. I had done my research and knew what someone else approx. was hired at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in April 2009.

I found the job on craigslist.I sent my resume via email and was contacted for an interview the same day.The interview was very easy going.There were lots of typical questions and if you show a desire for make-up you're hired.They hired more than other places due to the high turnover.I was hired on the spot with a reasonable rate.Zero negotiation considering the limit of the position.Other fellow assosciates were offered promotions right off the bat depending on personality.

Interview Questions
    There was zero room for negotiation.It was made quite clear that it was a take it or leave it offer.If you plan to negotiate i wouldn't expect to much.There are many people looking for this position and they will go through them easily.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in October 2009.

I worked at a counter close by and had become familar with the associates here , yet it still took them two weeks to get my interview even though they told me they wanted me from the get go. After things started rolling It all went fairly fast and I was hired!

Interview Questions
    • Give me one example of a time when you gave exceptional service?   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

met with recruiter then store director

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Group interview with about 7 other girls, we would all answer the same questions in order. Called back for a one on one interview a few days after.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!