Sephora Color Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.4

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sephora in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview now going to a second interview next week in person. She asked a lot of questions that i wasn't expecting. I get really nervous during interviews or tests but i got a second interview so i guess i did alright. After second interview i go for a demo where i will demonstrate putting make up on an employee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sephora (Syracuse, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very laid back interview. Talked about interests and favorite products! A few basic interview questions, but it was like talking to a friend. I ended up doing two interiews. I found out they were calling references and pretty much knew I had the job. My advice is, don't stress. Be confident, show passion and eagerness to learn. Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Availability, why sephora, why I'm leaving my employer. Basic stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Holyoke, MA).

Interview

I am still in the Interview Process. I applied in December and received a call back in March. My first interview was at a Starbucks in the mall with the HR manager, one on one. My second interview was with the store manager in her office, also one on one. Today was my third interview which consisted of an hour and a half skin care/make-up demonstration on the HR manager with the (who I am assuming is the Color Lead) watching my demonstration. They let me have free reign and it was more of a demonstration to see how confident I am with selling, application and client interaction. They said they would check my references and make decisions at the end of the week. Each interview was roughly scheduled a week apart and I received a call back a few days later to schedule the next.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick, we spoke about ourselves and what we currently do. general questions regarding where you worked before and why sephora. It was a group interview so we took turns to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Long interview process took 3 weeks I went on one huge group interview, a second smaller group interview and then a one on one interview. They told me I would have to do a makeup demo before getting hired but I was offered a position as color consultant with out the makeup demo.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Pre-screen call, in person interview, artistry demo interview (go in to the store and actually perform and makeover service as part of the interview process), reference check and hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What do you love about Customer Service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sephora (Manhattan Beach, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Got called three hours later. Accepted offer. Did paperwork and came the next day for training. Orientation was once a week for two weeks. That was the only part that doesn't make sense to me but I love it here

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client broke a perfume after walking out   Answer Question

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

1. Submit resume 2. Group interview 3. Interview with other cast members 4. Phone Interview You will need to be comfortable talking in front of a group, and jumping threw quite a few hoops. (not literally)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

1-2 weeks offered me a much lower wage than I had asked for

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Basic questions as everyone has mentioned before. Why sephora, name one word to describe yourself, etc. it was a group interview, I thought I did really well, but have yet to hear from anyone 3 weeks later. Which is rude, and questionable. I am highly qualified, and did great. Very disappointed that they have not atleast emailed back to say that unfortunately at this time, the positions are filled up. Try again next time. Something.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sephora (Spokane, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later went into the store with my resume. They told me they could not accept anything in store, but they were having a job fair at the same time down the hall. I ran down the hall and was about 6 minutes after they ended the fair. They still very nicely offered me an interview, and told me on the spot that they would call to set up a second phone interview with a manager from a different store, and that they would be calling my references. About 5 days later the same manager who interviewed me said that I would be getting a call from the other store manager in 2 days and we set up a time. She called and asked the same questions as the first interview, then said that the store I applied to would be getting in touch soon. I waited 5 days and then called to check in, let her know i was still interested and she said that she would get back to me tomorrow. She did, and she called to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Normal customer service questions. Why sephora? What got you into makeup? Tell me about a difficult time with a customer? Tell me what qualities you think make a good manager? What qualities make a bad manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.