Sephora Color Lead Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online for 3 different stores in the Twin Cities metro area. A few days later I was contacted for an interview with the Mall of america store. I am from a few hours away and looking to make the move to the bigger city, so i had to be prepared almost 3 hours ahead of time. I arrived about 10 minutes early and was asked to wait for the manager. She soon arrived and told me that I definitely "stand out" so that was a good sign to me. We went out into the mall area to have a one-on-one interview. It was very casual and pretty much just a "getting to know you better" session. The manager interviewing me was extremely nice and friendly, almost showering me with compliments. I thought I pretty much have this in the bag at the end of the interview. She told me right away that she wanted to schedule me for the second AND third interviews right away(i guess this is the standard process). She told me that I would definitely hear from her by the Friday or Sunday after my interview but that she would be busy in Chicago, so most likely Sunday. It is now Tuesday and I have still not heard back from them, so I am starting to worry. Wondering if maybe she meant this coming week friday or sunday. I'm not sure. I really would like this position and hope I hear back. I wonder if i should call back and contact them??

Interview Questions

• It was really basic "getting to know you" type things: "tell me about yourself" "what do you like to do in your spare time" "What's your experience in retail/cosmetics"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, had to go through a few interviews. But it was for management so it made me feel as though they really cared about who they hired. It took a while for them to call, but when they did, the 3 interviews happened in a pretty timely fashion.

Color Lead Interview

Interview

It was a bout two weeks long after my initial interview.. This was just a prelude to some of the lack of professionalism to come.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel your child will affect your ability to work ?   5 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Color Lead Interview

Application

interviewed at Sephora in March 2009.

Interview

the manager who interviewed me was aweful!!! she wasnt able to anwser any of my questions that i had for her...she had to get back to me on everything. I really don't know why she would be a hiring manager if she is not able to talk about her company.

Color Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

telephone interview in person group interview another interview 2 weeks later the interview was rather long and unnecessary.. if you want someone to work for you, you should hire them.. especially when they;'re c;early super talented.