Sephora

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in June 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in to a Sephora and asked to speak with a manager about possibly hiring opportunities. I was given a application and filled it out on the spot. When I handed it to her, I was immediately invited to come back in a couple of days for a group interview. The interview consisted of 4 or 5 other people. We were asked basic customer service and behavioral questions. I was called back in a couple of days and offered a position.

Interview Question – All the questions were relatively easy if you have worked in the retail and customer service industry. Since the company has a very flexible return policy, they will probably ask you a behavioral questions along the lines of how you would handle a customer return that seemed unethical.   Answer Question

Costa Mesa, CA

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details – Did a group interview during the seasonal hiring process. After that waited a week before I got the call for a 2nd interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – What can you do to please the customer after finding out they are not satisfied with your overall service?   Answer Question

Kennesaw, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was first called and talked to about setting up an interview. Once the interview was set, I talked with the manager and co-manager of the store and was called to accept the job about a week later.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation you had with a customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in July 2011.

Interview Details – Walking through the mall, I called the number on the cardboard front of a new Sephora that was opening. Left a voicemail and was called back same day for a short phone interview. At the end of the interview I was asked to come in for a 1:1 a week later, Since it was for a new store, I went to a different Sephora, met the Store Director and we walked to a coffee shop for the interview, it lasted about 25 minutes consisting of basic questions, employment history and some questions that were more about personality. I recieved a call a few days later to come in for a 2nd interview. Basically a repeat of the first and was called again for a 3rd but this time to meet with the area director. Talked with area director about same information, outdoors, informal setting. Got a call back from Store Director offering me the job about 3 days letter! Overall process took about a month, interviews were scheduled a week or so apart.

Interview Question – Talk about your "opportunities" - things you can work on   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I included my previous pay on my resume. When talk came about pay, I was asked what I was expecting and they offered reasonably close to those numbers.

Consultant

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in January 2011.

Interview Details – upbeat management, lots of excitement about working for sephora

Interview Question – tell me about a time that you had a difficult situation with a customer...and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they pay based on experience and is negotiable. There is no set pay scale so make sure to negotiate based on your skills

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!