Sephora Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and there i got a call back a few days after. I went in for a group interview and I thought it would be a bunch of people but it was only another girl and I. The manager who interviewed us was super nice and she made us feel really relaxed and comfortable. It felt more like a conversation then straight forward questions. The girl who interviewed with me did not want to take her jacket off at the request of the manager and I think that hurt her and she was also wearing sneakers (it doesnt matter that they were black) and the manager kept looking at them. You are applying at Sephora , appearance is very important. Also when asked why you want to work at Sephora why would you say "because I love makeup" Duhhhh they know. Focus on customer service as that is like the number 1 priority. I got a call back about 30 mins after my interview to come in for a second interview with the store manager. I was super nervous because that's everyone's boss at the store. When I went in for the second interview, it was even easier than the first. The whole time we had a conversation about languages and countries and makeup. She was so nice and at the end she told me that I have the job (based on my references) and I was excited. She said that the reason she didn't ask me any questions is because she can teach the technical aspect of the job but she cant teach personality so Yay for my super upbeat attitude. They called my references the same day and called me two days later with an offer. I completed the forms online and now I'm just waiting for my first day. My tip is not to be nervous and to just focus on customer service. Of course you love makeup but that doesn't mean you can sell it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. The girl that interviewed me was really nice. It was probably one of, if not the best interview I've ever had. I think that the fact that I was really interested in pursuing a career in beauty or cosmetology really gave me an upper hand over all the other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Store Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

I interviewed with Amanda and Keeley at the Montgomery Mall location. They were very passionate about Sephora and the unlimited growth potential in the company. They where very engaging during the whole interviewed. The interview made me feel as if I was part of the team already.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing that I am scared or hesitant to learn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sephora (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with me and another girl and two of the managers. It was very laid back, we even joked a bit. She said that there are three parts of the interviewing process, group interview, one on one interview and then a demo, where they put you on the floor and see how you do. They were very interested in learning about us and who we are.

Interview Questions

• What would you dream job be?   Answer Question
    • If a customer were to come in, buy a new highlight, and then come back later with the same highlight but they dropped it and it shattered what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite part of your last job and your least favorite?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Did a group interview and a one-on-one (more like a two-on-one as I was interviewed by two upper team members a week after the group interview). The ladies said they would call me to follow-up but it's been over a week and I haven't heard from them. Questions are pretty typical. Just be prepared and know a lot about the company.

Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Was called three days after I applied. Had three one on one interviews and had a demo. Demo consisted of working on the floor for an hour while hiring manager watched.

Human Resources Management Position Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Was recruited by third party. In person interview with EVP and head of recruiting was enjoyable and informative. Interview with hiring manager was very dry, she read questions of sheet of paper and asked very specific technical questions. Interview process was slow (over 2 months), but once an offer was extended I was expected to be available quickly and I was give pushback on my desire to give my previous longterm employer more than 2 weeks notice.

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sephora (Riverside, CA).

Interview

i got a call for a group interview first, after about a week later i got a one on one, and last i had to go back in for a demo which consisted of myself role playing as if i had already gotten the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Apparently there is a 4-step hiring process. The first part is a group interview. I went in with 5 other girls and it was like a group conversation. It was laid back and very easy going. The hiring manager asked questions like "Why Sephora?" "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Now I'm just waiting to see if I get a call for a second interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth to say the least, there is a group interview you go through then one on one then you receive your call back to know if you got the job or not.