Sephora

2.5

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

I applied online and I got a call like probably like a month I guess it was because I applied during the holidays. Well when they called me I was ask about my availability and why I wanted to work for Sephora, the guy that called me told me they would call me back in a week and if they didn't call me I could call back. So after a week I called back and asked what was the status of my application and they asked me to come in for an interview. Initially was a group interview but I was not available for that day and they gave me another day and it ended up being a one and one interview ( good becuase I personally don't like interviews, and specially group interviews, I always get super nervous). The day of the interview I got there 10 mins early. They took me to the back (office) and the interview started. It was the coordinator and an advisor. They asked the basic questions like past experience with customer service, how was my last job, what would my last manager say about me, why I wanted to for for Sephora and not other company, most of the questions were about customer service I wish I could remember so It could be helpful to anyone else. I didn't get any offer at the point they said they would give me a call before the week ends, so I'm crossing my fingers I get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for sephora?
      What would I do if I see an employee stealing some thing from the store ?
      My customer service experienced
      What was my other job like?

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Applied online, Got a call back, went in on a group interview than went back for a one on one interview and was sent a contract to negotiate with. It was easy and very friendly eviorment . The leaders were very gracious

Interview Questions
    I was emailed a contract

Sales Associate Interview

it was super easy. Met with super friendly staff and they spent alot of time talking about the company which was really nice to learn about. they asked alot about past experience and where i see myself growing in the company

Picker Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

there really was none I got a tour and a drug and computer test which the lady pretty much gave us the answers to and started work the next day.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora in January 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. The recruiter seemed to be inexperienced and immature. She scheduled time with me 3 times and never called. when finally she called there was no apology. I had to remind the recruiter that apology was good.

The recruiter had not done any homework, no preparation. After a long trail of emails and scheduling, she said that I am "University Recruiter". And they are looking for technical recruiter. My resume no where said that I am a University Recruiter.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sephora in January 2015.

Applied online then was called for in person interview. Interview went great hoping to hear back this week. The interviewer realized we had crossed paths at my previous job and it was like a conversation with a friend.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora.

it was very easy, and manager was friendly, easy questions, dress for impress and have make up on... girls we are applying to a make up place! not a computer shop.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora in December 2014.

Group interview. Got called three hours later. Accepted offer. Did paperwork and came the next day for training. Orientation was once a week for two weeks. That was the only part that doesn't make sense to me but I love it here

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a client broke a perfume after walking out   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

I got called for an interview the day after I applied. I get there 15 minutes before my interview time. Dressed in all black, makeup done (10k notes on tumblr so I was looking good lol jk). I tell the first girl I see that I'm here for an interview. She uses her headset and lets who ever it is know I'm here. I hang out for a while and after 30 minutes I'm like oh maybe the interviewer is running late. After an hour I ask the same girl again what's going on. She asks around and tells me to stand by the register. Two people come to me and ask if I'm here for an interview. I say yes. They half heartedly apologize. One of them says that she thinks they didn't know they even had an interview scheduled today. I get an email saying thank you for coming in but we're going to go with someone else more qualified. I was so confused since I haven't even been interviewed. Ten minutes later a woman comes out and asks me if I've been here the whole time. I said yes. She said she sent me that email since she thought I never showed up. She apologized. They had already done the group interview. We go outside the store and she interviews me for 5 minutes. Basic interview questions. Why do I want to work there, the perfume situation, my favorite and worst manager and why. She tells me to take out of my mind that I will be doing makeup. She says it in a rude way. I don't know if she meant it to come out like that. But that's how I took it. She asked me if I needed any time off to tell her now (seasonal position) I say no. She says she's going to put me back in the system and to ignore the email she sent me. And that's it. Like two weeks later (yesterday) I was at work. I'm a cashier. I recognize a woman that I always see at sephora. I say hey don't you work at sephora? She says yes then I ask her what she does. She is the manager there. I explain to her what happened. She was shocked. It turns out she was the one that called me for my interview. She asked me for my name and said she was going to give me a call tomorrow. She never did. I know she was busy and I'm not her #1 priority but why would she say that and not do it? I honestly didn't think this would happen. I've been trying to work there for almost 2 years. I was so sure I was going to get the job. I turned down an amazing opportunity because I knew there was a possibility I could work there. Now I'm too embarrassed to even show my face in there. Looks like I'm going to be going to sephora jcp from now on. I like to think its a sign that I should be somewhere better. I don't mean to make sephora look bad or the people there look bad but I didn't expect this to happen to me. I'll be giving mac a shot. Wish me luck and I hope your sephora experience is better than mine. If I end up getting called back, I will be saying thanks but no thanks.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

the interview id say was great , 5-6 other girls and all got to say what we wanted, did a small demo and got called immediately for a second interview , the very next day got hired and went to an orientation. It was so much fun!! I loved the experience and the knowledge they gave us! For the onboard , it was 12-4 and it felt like an hour! I love this job, this is an awesome company to work for

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond with a client.   Answer Question