Sephora Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.5

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Holyoke, MA).

Interview

I am still in the Interview Process. I applied in December and received a call back in March. My first interview was at a Starbucks in the mall with the HR manager, one on one. My second interview was with the store manager in her office, also one on one. Today was my third interview which consisted of an hour and a half skin care/make-up demonstration on the HR manager with the (who I am assuming is the Color Lead) watching my demonstration. They let me have free reign and it was more of a demonstration to see how confident I am with selling, application and client interaction. They said they would check my references and make decisions at the end of the week. Each interview was roughly scheduled a week apart and I received a call back a few days later to schedule the next.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

After coming into the store and speaking with an associate, I was encouraged to apply. After sending my application, I was contacted the next day and we scheduled an interview. I met two members of the Sephora team at a nearby cafe lobby and they interviewed me over coffee. One was a manager I had met in-store, and the other was one that I had not met. It was just the three of us- this surprised me because everything I had seen online pointed to group interviews.

Color Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online and then was called by the store director of the Richmond store. We set up a time for me to come in. We had great conversation, almost didn't feel like an interview. Next, a store director from a store in North Caroline did a second interview. Again, had a great personality and didn't feel like a stiff interview. I then met with the District Manager of this region. With the store director, we talked about my past work history and events and hiring. Again, was very comfortable. My last phone interview was with a District Manager from the Chicago area. She was little more of a tougher interview. A little more rigid questions and feedback. The next phone call I received, I was notified I got the job! There was great communication with the store director the whole time throughout the process.

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Was a fun experience , did a one on one interview then a demo. The demo consisted of me "working" the sales floor and helping out customers while being watched by the hireling manager.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Pre-screen call, in person interview, artistry demo interview (go in to the store and actually perform and makeover service as part of the interview process), reference check and hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What do you love about Customer Service   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 4 other ladies. I was interviewed by 2 store specialist(assistant managers). It was a busy day they were distracted. They asked about our own shopping experience in the store and lots about past retail experience

Interview Questions

• They asked lots customer service questions not that many makeup related questions   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was referred through a temp placement agency.
    After an initial phone screen, the hiring manager thought I was more suited for a permanent strategic role with the digital division.

One additional phone screen later with a recruiter, I secured a phone screen with a hiring manager, who liked the conversation and put me forward for an onsite loop.

There were some issues with the seniority level mismatch but they stayed open to looking at a fit for multiple positions.

The onsite consisted of 4 interviews, 1 with the VP, one with the hiring manager and 2 peers.

I researched the company in depth, asked insightful questions, offered ideas and was direct as advised by the recruiter.

Somewhere in the middle of my interview I was told that I was interviewing not for the BI role I had prepared for, but rather... Their beauty insider marketing, and that all along that's the context of the acronym they had been using. Beauty insiders are their core users. NOT ...business intelligence/consumer metrics. Wow. Talk about epic fail on expectations.

Their brand is strong, nice office, solid app, but they have undergone a lot of churn and change in management. Looks like it's for the worse.

Their engineering team is an underdog and afterthought delivery arm, rather than strategy.

They provided me with contact info and asked to follow up, which I did the same day. The next day, I got a generic pass with no explanation.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Long interview process took 3 weeks I went on one huge group interview, a second smaller group interview and then a one on one interview. They told me I would have to do a makeup demo before getting hired but I was offered a position as color consultant with out the makeup demo.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with the Talent Specialist. She asked random questions (personal and business) to see what our personalities were like. We were able to do the same in return to her. In the end, she told us that there were no positions available in her store until April. There's openings for a new store, and two stores in Timex Square. She said the follow up for a decision will be the next day. I never heard from her, I then decided to reach out to her. She said she contacted me after the interview (however I didn't receive anything) and wanted to move me to the second round, she's looking for a location for me to go to. I never heard back from get.

Operations Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was super laid back and only took less than an hour. They were very nice and the atmosphere was not intimidating at all. I would definitely say wear something that makes you stick out because literally all of the girls I was with wore black so I would just be your self and shake off the nerves.