Sephora Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.5

Interview

HR person contacted me and scheduled an pre-phone screening

Interview Questions

• The pre-screening was purely front -end ie CSS, javascript. could not clear the round as I am not a front end person.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went to a job fair, filled out the application then spoke with two different managers. They weren't asking the all the girls there similar questions, wasn't a formal interview. They both seemed to like that I had some retail experience but one was worried how I would deal with retail hours since my last job was an office job. After speaking with the store manager, she said they would be calling be people within the next two weeks to set up interviews. I got a letter in the mail about 3 weeks later saying they went with a candidate whose qualifications fit the position better.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a bad situation at your previous job?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

It was simple, filled my information online and an interview was schedule and the follow week I was working.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I was being interviewed for a new store opening. The store manager and I sat down at caribou. It took about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• What three things could you say to associates to make them impressed with you as a manager?
      What would you do if an associate doesn't want to follow your direction.

Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I filled/turned in my application to the manager, who seemed very interested. She asked me a couple of questions; why I wanted to work there and what my availability was. Then she told me that she was going to call all the candidates the following week because she was going to do group interviews. Sadly, I never got a call. :(

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. I probably had I believe 3 or 4 interviews. I also was not in a group interview. I thought the questions were pretty straight forward and easy to answer, especially if you've had retail/LP experience.

Interview Questions

• In my interview we talked a bit about loss prevention. I knew it would be a question but we spent a bit of time on it. I wouldn't say it was difficult, but LP is a big deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had interviewed months in advance and was not chosen for the position due to another job. I had went back and they hired me on as seasonal. There really was not much negotiation since I knew Sephora is exactly where I wanted to be.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I mean, it was an alright interview but the manager will tell you right away how many hours you should expect. They guarantee 4 hours a week but no more than that. So if you're okay with barely working, this might be for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous work experience. There really weren't any tough questions.   Answer Question

Color Lead Interview

Interview

It was a bout two weeks long after my initial interview.. This was just a prelude to some of the lack of professionalism to come.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel your child will affect your ability to work ?   5 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was very informative towards the job. They put you in scenarios and actually coach you through the proper response instead of leaving you to wonder if you did a good job. The interview process did not take long at all and I was able to leave with a satisfactory amount of information concerning hours, pay, and procedures.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with a return?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Group interview-very fun and upbeat