Sephora

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Getting the Interview

183 candidate interviews

Store Lead Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Frustrating from the begin with. I visited the Powell location for a 2 day job fair, although after get there on the 2nd day, one of the assistants informed that was done already. I said that the Craigslist ad mentioned that it would end at 8pm, not at 5pm. After wait a while, they took me to this little room where someone had a 5 min interview, very superficial interview. The recruiter said that I should expect an email by Monday (3 days after), however after no longer than 3 minutes after I step out of the store I got her email saying that they already found someone. I don't believe she couldn't simply be honest while I was in front of her 3 minutes ago, or simply tell me they already close the position but they would keep my resume for the future. That sounds fair and human to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Had first phone interview. And was scheduled for group interview where i along with four other girls was asked the same questions mentioned here

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member

Interview Details – met with recruiter then store director

Sephora Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – It was really basic asking what your goals are in the near future and best customer service experience.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online. It took them a 3 months to get back to me. I was emailed by the art director to come in for an interview to show my portfolio. Then HR contacted me to set up a time. When I came to the interview I was greeted by reception at HR. Met with the HR lady and was sent to a separate office for the interview. I was introduced to the small team the position would be working with and we walked together to a conference room. Overall the interview was unremarkable.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview Details – HR person contacted me and scheduled an pre-phone screening

Interview Question – The pre-screening was purely front -end ie CSS, javascript. could not clear the round as I am not a front end person.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details – Went to a job fair, filled out the application then spoke with two different managers. They weren't asking the all the girls there similar questions, wasn't a formal interview. They both seemed to like that I had some retail experience but one was worried how I would deal with retail hours since my last job was an office job. After speaking with the store manager, she said they would be calling be people within the next two weeks to set up interviews. I got a letter in the mail about 3 weeks later saying they went with a candidate whose qualifications fit the position better.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a bad situation at your previous job?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – It was simple, filled my information online and an interview was schedule and the follow week I was working.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details – I was being interviewed for a new store opening. The store manager and I sat down at caribou. It took about a half hour.

Interview Question – What three things could you say to associates to make them impressed with you as a manager?
What would you do if an associate doesn't want to follow your direction.
  Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I filled/turned in my application to the manager, who seemed very interested. She asked me a couple of questions; why I wanted to work there and what my availability was. Then she told me that she was going to call all the candidates the following week because she was going to do group interviews. Sadly, I never got a call. :(

Interview Question – Why sephora?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sephora interview questions and advice. All 183 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sephora employees and interview candidates.