Sephora Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.5

Cashier Interview

Interview

I mean, it was an alright interview but the manager will tell you right away how many hours you should expect. They guarantee 4 hours a week but no more than that. So if you're okay with barely working, this might be for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous work experience. There really weren't any tough questions.   Answer Question

Interview

HR person contacted me and scheduled an pre-phone screening

Interview Questions

• The pre-screening was purely front -end ie CSS, javascript. could not clear the round as I am not a front end person.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied for the position online. It took them a 3 months to get back to me. I was emailed by the art director to come in for an interview to show my portfolio. Then HR contacted me to set up a time. When I came to the interview I was greeted by reception at HR. Met with the HR lady and was sent to a separate office for the interview. I was introduced to the small team the position would be working with and we walked together to a conference room. Overall the interview was unremarkable.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I was being interviewed for a new store opening. The store manager and I sat down at caribou. It took about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• What three things could you say to associates to make them impressed with you as a manager? What would you do if an associate doesn't want to follow your direction.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Group interview-very fun and upbeat

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was very informative towards the job. They put you in scenarios and actually coach you through the proper response instead of leaving you to wonder if you did a good job. The interview process did not take long at all and I was able to leave with a satisfactory amount of information concerning hours, pay, and procedures.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with a return?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. I probably had I believe 3 or 4 interviews. I also was not in a group interview. I thought the questions were pretty straight forward and easy to answer, especially if you've had retail/LP experience.

Interview Questions

• In my interview we talked a bit about loss prevention. I knew it would be a question but we spent a bit of time on it. I wouldn't say it was difficult, but LP is a big deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had interviewed months in advance and was not chosen for the position due to another job. I had went back and they hired me on as seasonal. There really was not much negotiation since I knew Sephora is exactly where I wanted to be.

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

It was simple, filled my information online and an interview was schedule and the follow week I was working.

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I filled/turned in my application to the manager, who seemed very interested. She asked me a couple of questions; why I wanted to work there and what my availability was. Then she told me that she was going to call all the candidates the following week because she was going to do group interviews. Sadly, I never got a call. :(

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I gave my application personally to the manager and she barely even acknowledged me or gave me the time to introduce myself. I found it very disappointing as I was very hopeful to at least get an interview. I guess it was because all the employers were more mature looking women and I look very young compared. But I still found it very rude and i'm sure she barely glanced at my application.