Sephora Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.5

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Pasadena, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call from an Assistant Manager who did a short phone interview with me. She asked basic questions about my interests in the company, industry, and position. She also asked about my skills and experience, and how they pertain to the position. I was then called in for a group interview with the Store Director and/or Assistant Manager. The interview was a little more in-depth regarding interests with the company and beauty industry. Once hired, group orientation was 3 days and then we trained on the floor.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went through the same 3-step interview process: Group, personality/demo, meet with top manager. This location was so unorganized, I can see why they are the lowest earning store in my area. They coordinated interviews with me to meet with a specific manager, and I ended up being pawned off to different assistant managers for each process. I was extended an offer for the second interview, and was told that they needed to consult with their superiors before I could start. On the day I was supposed to have my offer finalized, they called me in for a last minute "informal meeting" with the specific manager who flaked out on all previous meetings. And then I guess they forgot about the original offer I was extended.

Interview Questions

• What does professionalism mean to you? Why are you interested in working for Sephora?   Answer Question

Sephora Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I app online, then after a month i got an email inviting me for a Hiring Fair. I went to the hiring fair and had two interviews that day, then they sayd next step will be a demo interview which is rhis thursday.

Skincare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Boston, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

It has 3 different interviews which starts with a group interview and then 1 and 1 with managers and then demo and background check. Then you get the offer and you can speak about the benefits and availability

Interview Questions

• How to engage with clients   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I went to the group interview and there were even girls there that weren't scheduled to be there. It was hard to get any answers in when people would talk over you. I didn't get the job because of my strict school hours and some girls that had a license "cosmetology/esthetics" were there as well. I'm assuming they were the ones hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What makes you a good fit at Sephora? Describe a difficult customer and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sephora (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with four other applicants. I received a call approximately 30 minutes after the interview asking me to attend a make-up trial interview. Immediately following the trial I was asked to stay for a one-on-one interview with the store manager, after that interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sephora?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

It took around one month after i applied to get a call back. Scheduled an interview for the week after. first interview was with the hr manager. very sweet but very forgetful. never called me back. i called to see what happened and she had "forgot" so we set up an interview with the general manager. interview was short and sweet.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sephora (La Jolla, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 10 candidates and 2 interviewers who were the store director (boss lady) and store specialist (basically backup boss lady). They asked us questions and we all took turns answering them. The questions centered around how we would treat customers or act in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sephora?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Did a group interview and a one-on-one (more like a two-on-one as I was interviewed by two upper team members a week after the group interview). The ladies said they would call me to follow-up but it's been over a week and I haven't heard from them. Questions are pretty typical. Just be prepared and know a lot about the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Was unorganized and didn't remember they had an interview scheduled. They lost my app, and then pretended to have it in a locked filed. So instead of asking me to fill out another one, he interviewed me on a pad. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last job   1 Answer