Sephora

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.5

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora.

I was asked if i was interested in employment and accepted. I was hired as part time but rarely scheduled to work so minimum hours based on budget. I attended orientation shortly after.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in May 2013.

Got a phone call after applying online and went in for a group interview-- very easy, very laid back. I was with two other people and the manager said she thought we all did well and would move us on to the next round of interviews but I never got a call back...called a few weeks later and they said they were moving on with the process.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora in December 2014.

I applied online and went into the store and spoke with a manager. I gave my name and told them I really loved their store. They wrote down my name and found my application. I got a call and interview within the week. They are very customer oriented. You want to have everyone who walks into Sephora feel welcomed and happy. Many questions have to deal with previous customer service experience and role playing. The more availability you have the more likely you are to be hired. They like to have people with open availability. Also don't be afraid to be light hearted, smile and laugh. Sephora is supposed to be a fun work place.

Interview Questions
    • Let's pretend you own your own store: If a client dropped a $100 bottle of perfume in the parking lot, returned to the store upset and late for a birthday that the perfume was a gift for, how would you handle it?   View Answer
    I was offered a job on the spot. I negotiated two days around Christmas off at the very beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

I applied online and I got a call like probably like a month I guess it was because I applied during the holidays. Well when they called me I was ask about my availability and why I wanted to work for Sephora, the guy that called me told me they would call me back in a week and if they didn't call me I could call back. So after a week I called back and asked what was the status of my application and they asked me to come in for an interview. Initially was a group interview but I was not available for that day and they gave me another day and it ended up being a one and one interview ( good becuase I personally don't like interviews, and specially group interviews, I always get super nervous). The day of the interview I got there 10 mins early. They took me to the back (office) and the interview started. It was the coordinator and an advisor. They asked the basic questions like past experience with customer service, how was my last job, what would my last manager say about me, why I wanted to for for Sephora and not other company, most of the questions were about customer service I wish I could remember so It could be helpful to anyone else. I didn't get any offer at the point they said they would give me a call before the week ends, so I'm crossing my fingers I get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for sephora?
      What would I do if I see an employee stealing some thing from the store ?
      My customer service experienced
      What was my other job like?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sephora in January 2015.

Applied online then was called for in person interview. Interview went great hoping to hear back this week. The interviewer realized we had crossed paths at my previous job and it was like a conversation with a friend.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

I was called and asked to come in next day for an interview. I went in and the store director's assistant interviewed me, and it was such a pleasant interview! She was so nice and just wanted me to be myself. It was just like having a conversation with someone, so nice. I came back a few days later to have another interview with store director, which were around the same type of questions, and which was also very nice!. They then checked my references, but told me based on my two interviews they want to hire me. I got a call two weeks later they said they'd call me offering me a position!

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Applied online, Got a call back, went in on a group interview than went back for a one on one interview and was sent a contract to negotiate with. It was easy and very friendly eviorment . The leaders were very gracious

Interview Questions
    I was emailed a contract

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora in January 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. The recruiter seemed to be inexperienced and immature. She scheduled time with me 3 times and never called. when finally she called there was no apology. I had to remind the recruiter that apology was good.

The recruiter had not done any homework, no preparation. After a long trail of emails and scheduling, she said that I am "University Recruiter". And they are looking for technical recruiter. My resume no where said that I am a University Recruiter.

Color Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sephora in September 2013.

There was three interviews. The process went pretty fast. There first a group interview.( I did not know it was a group interview until I arrived) Then a one on one interview and lastly a group interview with interacting with other candidates in various retail scenarios. For exchange, we took turns being the client and cash wrap consultant. I met three different employees who were hiring for the location.

Interview Questions
    To make sure you do your research.

Temporary Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora in October 2014.

Pretty much what everyone said on here. Group interview first ( mine was with 8 people) everyone gets a turn to answer. Then an individual interview with basically some of the same questions.

"Tell me a little about yourself" "why do you want to work at sephora?" "Who was a manager you looked up to and why?" "What would you do if a customer came in with an empty perfume bottle?" (Replace it) "what would your reference say about you if we called them?"

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a situation where you witnessed someone stealing from the company and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for temporary employees