Sephora

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Cast Member Interview

Cashier/Cast Member
Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a week later I got a phone call to set up and interview and had two days and times available. I chose the day closest to when I got the phone call. I did a lot of research so I was knowledgeable of the company and position offered. I arrived 10 minutes early and was told to wait around while the manager prepared by another associate. I walked around for about 15 minutes and then was asked by a manager walking by if I was there for the interview, I said "yes" and then she motioned to me to follow her. Then I saw a group of girls waiting outside the door that lead to the back room. I was kind of shocked that I was not informed this would be a group interview and wish this would have been mentioned in the phone call setting up the interview so I could have prepared more. Well it was a group of me and 4 other women, and we got escorted to the back room to a tiny round high top table with 7 stools squished around it. I chose the chair closest to the interviewer (bad decision). There were two ladies that conducted the interview, one of them just wrote down notes the whole time while the other talked and asked questions. She started off by telling us about the company and the people that they look for in the company. Then began asking questions like "tell me about your job experience including what your managers would say about you and why you left". We took turns answering but definitely fought for who would speak first a few times. This lasted about 30 minutes and then she explained some more asked if we had any questions and that was about it. The woman conducting the interview was actually a little rude, she would look down when someone was answering the question and would constantly look at her nails and pick at them. Just overall make you feel as if you were boring her, which was very unsettling and unprofessional. Overall 3 out of the 5 of us were attending cosmetology school and would guess they all had more of the interest of the interviewers over someone who was going to a university for other unrelated subjects.

Interview Question – Do you like more structure in a company or a more relaxed structure?   View Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Stock Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Sephora in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online back in September 2013 I had an interview but did not get a call back. Then in April 2014 I went through another first interview with the same store and same position. And then at the end of April I got a second interview with the manager it was short basically got the same question from the first. Early may i went thought a background check and got hired today. It was a long process but I finally made it in.

Interview Question – Why sephora
What is your weakness
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation I'm new to the beauty industry

Cashier/Cast Member Interview

Cashier/Cast Member
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in May 2014.

Interview Details – I've applied to multiple Sephoras back in March and got a call for a group interview at one of the locations in late April. Dress in all black (it's what the cast wears) and do makeup that will stand out. I did a colorful eye look with neutral tone lips. The first interview was myself and 4 other girls, and we were told from the beginning that everyone gets their chance to speak which was great. It was very laid back and it flowed like a conversation between friends. They asked the expected, why Sephora, etc. Try to be bubbly and friendly, Sephora is big on customer service and want to hire fun people. At the end, the manager noted that Sephora takes a LONG time to hire someone because they don't have a probational period for new workers, and to expect that it will take 3 interviews before being hired. About a week later I got a call for a one on one interview with the second manager. She was really sweet, and she asked me more in-depth questions about why I wanted to work for Sephora, if I'm comfortable working with technology, past work experience, etc. After the interview was over she scheduled me for my final interview the very next day with the last manager. This interview was quick, she asked me the same questions as the second manager and asked about my finals week schedule. THEY WILL CALL YOUR REFERENCES. A week and a half later the third manager called me and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora over any other cosmetics brand?   View Answer
  • If a customer purchases a $100 fragrance, walks outside the store and breaks it, and comes back in and asks for another one, what do you do?   View Answer
  • If you could be any color in the crayon box, which one would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. They offered me way above what I was expecting, especially considering I had no prior retail experience.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – 3-interviews were required. The first was a group interview (talk more about your love for skincare rather than just makeup. That's the key to impressing managers wear makeup and wear all-black), the second interview was with the store manager and the third is the hardest: you have to role-play situations with chosen employees who pretend to be clients.

Interview Question – The questions were easy but training is a little harder. Sephora has its own vocabulary that you have to memorize   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiating as a seasonal.

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Interview process was great! I interviewed for SEC originally and had to go through 3 interviews. Beauty Leader, Jcpenney store manager, and district manager. The beauty leader interview was by far the easiest. It felt like you were talking to an old friend. The hiring process took over a month which was annoying. I had all 3 interviews with no call from the Beauty Leader. I would call almost everyday with no answers for over a month. And since it took that long, she lost my application and I had to redo the application. That was definitely annoying since that is a long process. Plus I didn't even get the position I was looking for.

Interview Question – I personally had no difficult questions. Normal retail questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She offered me Product Consultant instead of the position I originally applied for.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. It was super laid back because the managers made you feel completely comfortable. It was 6 of us total and we sat around the room. The questions were basic strengths and weaknesses as well as why you would want to work for sephora. There was no tricky questions at all. We actually joked around a lot. So it went well. Just waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – One major weakness. Such a hard question to answer.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details – Applied in-person. I was a student at the time and told that they actively discouraged students from applying, because they preferred someone interested in Sephora as an ultimate career. If you are applying as a student, I would give them a pretty open schedule and then see what they say.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Sephora Product Consultant Interview

Sephora Product Consultant
Toms River, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process, just make sure to know about sephora's history, I went in for two interviews, one was a formal sit down asking me typical questions on past jobs/ experience and telling me about the position, second interview was a makeup application which from my knowledge not every one has to do, they are not looking for actual skill just how well you interact with your model.

Interview Question – What do you know about Sephora?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in March 2014.

Interview Details – Ive read several reviews on this, I was not in a group interview, I was one on one and had two interviews

Negotiation Details – Because I had previous retail experience in the beauty industry I was able to negotiate, when you have the skills and the employer sees that sometimes you can ask for more than what they generally offer. If they like you, they may negotiate and come up with an offer that may be suitable.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Senior User Experience Designer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in January 2014.

Interview Details – The initial part of interviewing with Sephora started with a 30-minute phone screening with third-party recruiter who shared my portfolio and resume with the hiring managers. After that I was invited to meet the hiring managers (the two heads of the User Experience team) for 45-minute in-person interviews which included reviewing about 3-4 portfolio examples.

Interview Question – Most questions were as expected (tell us why you want to work here, walk us through some portfolio work demonstrating this and this). The most difficult question in my interview was a technical question that I unfortunately hadn't had experience in.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora