Sephora

Relevance Date Difficulty

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Alright I applied online to many locations and received a call to schedule an interview. During the phone convo, the manager asked about hours. All said and done I was due to meet the following day. YIKES! Lol first interview she expressed that she, as well as the other managers, would like to get a feel of me. They want to make sure I belong to the sephora family. My advice to you is be fun and be yourself! The first interview went well and we parted ways. I received an email stating it was a pleasure and if I could come in for a second interview. Second interview was also a group interview (didn't mention that about the first one) it went well but she asked a lot more questions that were like...ok I see where you're headed) but as long as you are yourself, honest, and compose your words well, you'll do great. At the end she said we had to meet with the store director. Still waiting for that email but based from what she said I think she likes me. Prayers up and blessings down!

Interview Questions

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for Sephora Pentagon Mall in Arlington Virginia over the internet. I received a call about 2 weeks later. They had invited to a group interview and gave me three dates and times to choose from. I did a lot of preparation for the group interview because I had never ben on one and I wanted to make sure that I stood out in the group, I didn't want to be looked over or over shadowed. I practice basic interview questions, and researched a few other suggested question that someone on youtube said they had answered on a Sephora group interview. Its a great idea to research the company as well and know their mission statement so that you could use it in your answers. They day of my group interview I dressed professionally in all black attire, mostly trying to look the part of an already established make up artist. I wore foundation, filled in my brows, liner, mascara, and a bright red matte lipstick because I knew that the girls I mostly see working their wear red lipstick. My group interview was with two other candidates, but later I found out they we were not applying for the same position, which was a relief because this one guy had way more experience than I had. At first I was a little nervous but after I loosened up and felt comfortable my answers were more genuine and flowed out more easily. She asked questions like "Why do you want to work for Sephora?" Please DONT say because I love make up. Trust me the other applicants will say that, and saying because I love make up doesn't explain why you choose Sephora specifically. I said " I wanted to work for Sephora because I was a frequent shopper of theirs. I noticed that every time I visited the store the employers were always positive and happy. I realized that they were happy because they had a passion for what they were doing. I too have a passion for skin care and make up artistry. Also I know that Sephora offers exceptional education and quality training in the career field in which I want to pursue." She also asked " What is the one thing that you think about before you go to bed at night and first thing in the morning, that one thing you have to complete or that you desire to do before you leave this earth?" I had never been asked this question on an interview, and I had not practice this either but it just came natural to me. My response was " Most people work jobs they have no desire doing. They get up every morning dreading going into work because their not passionate about it. I watched my mother struggle with this problem for years bouncing around from one job to another. I want a career that I am passionate about, something that I am eager to run off and do in the morning. Something that makes me so happy that is doesn't even feel like work! And for me that's make up. I like the versatility and the freedom to paint your face and express yourself that day." I think that she loved this answer. She asked a bunch of customer service questions as well. Be sure to take two extra copied of your resume in a neat black folder, and a notepad and pen. You may not need it but it just looks professional and my help you stand out because others may not have that. Try and answer most of the questions first, NOT ALL of them because you don't want to be overbearing. Sit up straight not lean on the table, SMILE SMILE SMILE! Try and make a funny joke in you answer to get them to laugh. Show your personality. Look directly at the other candidates when they are speaking as well, it shows you are attentive. And the end ask questions!!!!!! Make sure when they say do you any question, DO NOT SAY NO!!!! I got a call later that say day for a second interview, it was scheduled for two days later. I just went to that interview again dressed the same, same makeup but a pink lip with my folder and notepad. This time is was one on one she just asked questions about my goals and past positions. I kept the same demeanor as I didn't the first one, made a few jokes and smiled. THEY WILL CALL YOUR REFERENCES! After that interview again ask questions. I was bold enough to ask her " Is there anything that I may have said or done today that may lead you to believe that I am not fit for the position?" Her response " Girl please, you did perfect on the group interview and you did perfect today. I am scheduling you to meet with the store manager tomorrow at four." So it looks like I have the job. Hopefully my pointers work well for you as it did for it me. She also noticed that I have a notepad and pen and my resumes, and she noted that on her pad. So extra points for that. GOOD LUCK!!

Interview Question – What is the one thing that you think about before you go to bed at night and first thing in the morning, that one thing you have to complete or that you desire to do before you leave this earth?"   View Answer

Cashwrap Interview

Cashwrap

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Interview was very laid back, and the women were super nice! I got the second interview, but I told them I could only work for the summer because I am a college student. I expected that they would want someone more full time, and they did, they said that this wouldn't work for them and they were sorry. I think they really liked me, so I'm not too bummed out, but I wish I could have worked there. You have nothing to worry about for the interview! Very basic questions, mainly about customer service.

Interview Question – If you saw someone in the break room eating someone's sandwich, what would you do about it?
What's a previous boss you liked and why?
If I gave you a $50 giftcard, what would you buy?
  Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details – Color application customer service related group interactions and long process. It was nice and professional had many questions and concerns but its good process lots of support great company with a great brand great experience

Interview Question – Where domyoqu see yourself in ten years   Answer Question

Cashier/Cast Member Interview

Cashier/Cast Member
Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a week later I got a phone call to set up and interview and had two days and times available. I chose the day closest to when I got the phone call. I did a lot of research so I was knowledgeable of the company and position offered. I arrived 10 minutes early and was told to wait around while the manager prepared by another associate. I walked around for about 15 minutes and then was asked by a manager walking by if I was there for the interview, I said "yes" and then she motioned to me to follow her. Then I saw a group of girls waiting outside the door that lead to the back room. I was kind of shocked that I was not informed this would be a group interview and wish this would have been mentioned in the phone call setting up the interview so I could have prepared more. Well it was a group of me and 4 other women, and we got escorted to the back room to a tiny round high top table with 7 stools squished around it. I chose the chair closest to the interviewer (bad decision). There were two ladies that conducted the interview, one of them just wrote down notes the whole time while the other talked and asked questions. She started off by telling us about the company and the people that they look for in the company. Then began asking questions like "tell me about your job experience including what your managers would say about you and why you left". We took turns answering but definitely fought for who would speak first a few times. This lasted about 30 minutes and then she explained some more asked if we had any questions and that was about it. The woman conducting the interview was actually a little rude, she would look down when someone was answering the question and would constantly look at her nails and pick at them. Just overall make you feel as if you were boring her, which was very unsettling and unprofessional. Overall 3 out of the 5 of us were attending cosmetology school and would guess they all had more of the interest of the interviewers over someone who was going to a university for other unrelated subjects.

Interview Question – Do you like more structure in a company or a more relaxed structure?   View Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Stock Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Sephora in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online back in September 2013 I had an interview but did not get a call back. Then in April 2014 I went through another first interview with the same store and same position. And then at the end of April I got a second interview with the manager it was short basically got the same question from the first. Early may i went thought a background check and got hired today. It was a long process but I finally made it in.

Interview Question – Why sephora
What is your weakness
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation I'm new to the beauty industry

Cashier/Cast Member Interview

Cashier/Cast Member
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in May 2014.

Interview Details – I've applied to multiple Sephoras back in March and got a call for a group interview at one of the locations in late April. Dress in all black (it's what the cast wears) and do makeup that will stand out. I did a colorful eye look with neutral tone lips. The first interview was myself and 4 other girls, and we were told from the beginning that everyone gets their chance to speak which was great. It was very laid back and it flowed like a conversation between friends. They asked the expected, why Sephora, etc. Try to be bubbly and friendly, Sephora is big on customer service and want to hire fun people. At the end, the manager noted that Sephora takes a LONG time to hire someone because they don't have a probational period for new workers, and to expect that it will take 3 interviews before being hired. About a week later I got a call for a one on one interview with the second manager. She was really sweet, and she asked me more in-depth questions about why I wanted to work for Sephora, if I'm comfortable working with technology, past work experience, etc. After the interview was over she scheduled me for my final interview the very next day with the last manager. This interview was quick, she asked me the same questions as the second manager and asked about my finals week schedule. THEY WILL CALL YOUR REFERENCES. A week and a half later the third manager called me and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora over any other cosmetics brand?   View Answer
  • If a customer purchases a $100 fragrance, walks outside the store and breaks it, and comes back in and asks for another one, what do you do?   View Answer
  • If you could be any color in the crayon box, which one would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. They offered me way above what I was expecting, especially considering I had no prior retail experience.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – 3-interviews were required. The first was a group interview (talk more about your love for skincare rather than just makeup. That's the key to impressing managers wear makeup and wear all-black), the second interview was with the store manager and the third is the hardest: you have to role-play situations with chosen employees who pretend to be clients.

Interview Question – The questions were easy but training is a little harder. Sephora has its own vocabulary that you have to memorize   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiating as a seasonal.

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Interview process was great! I interviewed for SEC originally and had to go through 3 interviews. Beauty Leader, Jcpenney store manager, and district manager. The beauty leader interview was by far the easiest. It felt like you were talking to an old friend. The hiring process took over a month which was annoying. I had all 3 interviews with no call from the Beauty Leader. I would call almost everyday with no answers for over a month. And since it took that long, she lost my application and I had to redo the application. That was definitely annoying since that is a long process. Plus I didn't even get the position I was looking for.

Interview Question – I personally had no difficult questions. Normal retail questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She offered me Product Consultant instead of the position I originally applied for.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. It was super laid back because the managers made you feel completely comfortable. It was 6 of us total and we sat around the room. The questions were basic strengths and weaknesses as well as why you would want to work for sephora. There was no tricky questions at all. We actually joked around a lot. So it went well. Just waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – One major weakness. Such a hard question to answer.   Answer Question