Sephora Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.5

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sephora (Riverside, CA).

Interview

i got a call for a group interview first, after about a week later i got a one on one, and last i had to go back in for a demo which consisted of myself role playing as if i had already gotten the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth to say the least, there is a group interview you go through then one on one then you receive your call back to know if you got the job or not.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online, got called back two days later for a group interview with two other girls. I was really nervous, but overall everything went smoothly. The interview was conducted by two of the managers, and they were both very nice and made the experience less nerve wracking. It's been about two days since the interview, and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Makeup Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied during holiday and got hired to be a seasonal cashier but after seeing me with customers and my talent they quickly got me certified and put me on the floor. The interview process I would say was very easy and basic questions were asked. If you have common sense you will most likely do perfectly fine. The only thing that I would complain about is that the manager was very unorganized.. She mixed my application with another and my references were all messed up. She was let go a week after I was hired

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was a store manager at another location. I was contacted and went in to do my interview at the location in which i would be hired. I was asked questions about my back ground etc. and told that i would be contacted within a certain amount of time as i was initially interviewed as a seasonal.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sephora in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview now going to a second interview next week in person. She asked a lot of questions that i wasn't expecting. I get really nervous during interviews or tests but i got a second interview so i guess i did alright. After second interview i go for a demo where i will demonstrate putting make up on an employee.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Were asked a few questions like why sephora? What is your knowledge of cosmetics and retail? How can you be a successful part of the team? what experiences have given you knowledge?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt really have to negotiate

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sephora in June 2015.

Interview

Somewhere in March, I began my Sephora job hunt. In my city we have a large freestanding store and I knew that a new Sephora inside JCPenny was set to open this summer. When I called the JCPenny, I was told that they already had a full staff but I left my information with her in case that changed. I was then able to score 4 great interviews with my freestanding store. Each interview went amazing and I got such a positive vibe from each of the girls. Unfortunately, the store manager can't return a phone call. She has told me she would call me Ina certain day more than once and falls through every time. In June, I received an email from the manager of Sephora inside JCPenny that there was an opening. I meet with her twice and the store manager once and then was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The manager knew I have a lot of experience and she flat out told me the highest this position for her stir pays and offered it to me.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sephora (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with four other applicants. I received a call approximately 30 minutes after the interview asking me to attend a make-up trial interview. Immediately following the trial I was asked to stay for a one-on-one interview with the store manager, after that interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sephora?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora (Victorville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

apply online, over the phone interview and then you are called in to a group interview where they have you build a tower of blocks pitch an idea and sell them products

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer