Sephora Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Sephora Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toms River, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora in September 2013.

Very easy interview process, just make sure to know about sephora's history, I went in for two interviews, one was a formal sit down asking me typical questions on past jobs/ experience and telling me about the position, second interview was a makeup application which from my knowledge not every one has to do, they are not looking for actual skill just how well you interact with your model.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in March 2014.

Ive read several reviews on this, I was not in a group interview, I was one on one and had two interviews

Because I had previous retail experience in the beauty industry I was able to negotiate, when you have the skills and the employer sees that sometimes you can ask for more than what they generally offer. If they like you, they may negotiate and come up with an offer that may be suitable.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in January 2014.

The initial part of interviewing with Sephora started with a 30-minute phone screening with third-party recruiter who shared my portfolio and resume with the hiring managers. After that I was invited to meet the hiring managers (the two heads of the User Experience team) for 45-minute in-person interviews which included reviewing about 3-4 portfolio examples.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were as expected (tell us why you want to work here, walk us through some portfolio work demonstrating this and this). The most difficult question in my interview was a technical question that I unfortunately hadn't had experience in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I had applied online and the process took about three weeks. I was called for a group interview that included me and 4 other girls, each of us had opportunity to speak and was a very relaxed. Make sure you appear energetic and outgoing. Speak up and make your presence known without talking out of turn. Later I was called for a second interview with the Store Manager, very much like the first interview it was relaxed and I felt very comfortable. She invited me back for a "demo". In the demo I was asked to greet customers and interact as I would if I worked there. They want loud high energy people. Make sure you are talkative and interactive in this demo. The Assistant Manager said he would speak with the District Manager and contact me once she returned from vacation. Although, I did not get a call back the interviews were pleasant. Expect the process of being hired to take long.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. General questions were; "Why do you want to work at Sephora?", "Name a time you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it?", "How do you feel being under pressure?"   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora.

Took a few months to get in and situated. The manager was always grumpy and unorganized. Had one interview and was hired at a very low rate

what about, 10.30 and hour? ok how about 10.75

Cashier Interview

It was a group interview, and it was very easy. We were all hired on the spot

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sephora in February 2012.

talked to three different people

Interview Questions

I didn't like the manager

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in January 2011.

Phone interviews only.

Interview Questions
    Counter offering is difficult, $15-$17 starting pay.

Store Lead Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

Frustrating from the begin with. I visited the Powell location for a 2 day job fair, although after get there on the 2nd day, one of the assistants informed that was done already. I said that the Craigslist ad mentioned that it would end at 8pm, not at 5pm. After wait a while, they took me to this little room where someone had a 5 min interview, very superficial interview. The recruiter said that I should expect an email by Monday (3 days after), however after no longer than 3 minutes after I step out of the store I got her email saying that they already found someone. I don't believe she couldn't simply be honest while I was in front of her 3 minutes ago, or simply tell me they already close the position but they would keep my resume for the future. That sounds fair and human to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

I applied online to a few different stores, had a short phone interview, she set me up with a group interview. It wasn't as intense as it seems, very chill. It was 2 other girls. They both looked casual. I dressed in all black and white, make up fully done and a bold lip. You want to stick out. Asked us about 5-8 questions about our customer service skills, after it's over they will call you in a few days (in my case it was 10) for a second interview. Which is a 1-1 with the hiring manager, they get to know you a little more and ask more detailed questions. Then if you do good they will call you for a final interview with the store director. Its short and important you want him/her to remember you because they connect with the hiring manager to decide if they want to hire you. After all this and your still golden they will call you after they call your references and give you an offer of how much you'll start making and how many hours. Very long process.

Interview Questions
    • What's 3 things that make a shift run smoothly?
      How do you handle micro-clients?
      What's some competitors?
      Overall customer service experience.
        Answer Question
    They Offer what I wanted, no negotiation necessary.