Sephora

201 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Cast Member Interview

Seasonal Cast Member

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sephora in November 2013.

Interview Details – My situation was very different than normal Sephora interviews. My Sephora was hiring for seasonal and I missed the opportunity because their group interviews were always on the days I had school. I have a friend who works there, and she knew that I was really interested in Sephora. After Sephora had hired all their seasonals, apparently something happened where they only needed one more seasonal employee. My friend had apparently recommended me, and they already had my application on file. I got a call from the manager telling me that they had 1 position open, and that I had an interview if I wanted. I was extremely happy because Sephora was/is my dream job.
Like I said, they only needed one person, so luckily I was able to not have to do a group interview. But, I have heard that Sephora group interviews aren't too intimidating anyways. After the interview she told me she just had to call my references, and that she would be in touch. The next morning I got an email from Sephora saying that I got the job and telling me how to fill out all of the paperwork needed to start.
All the managers were so nice and helpful through out my interview and training process. Although I only worked with the store seasonally, I was extremely happy that I got the chance to do so. Sephora is a great company, and a company that I hope to work for again someday.

Interview Question – Many questions about customer service and my views on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I was told my pay through the Sephora portal. It was higher than I expected it to be so I felt no need to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Cast Member Interview

Seasonal Cast Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – You are called for a phone interview. Then you go through three rounds of interviews with management. Final interview is with the store director and I guess this is the most important interview because S/he ultimately makes the final decision. Sephora is very focused on personality, so make sure you bring yourself to the interview. Sephora likes unique, different, and fun people.

Interview Question – If a client purchases a lot of products, and leaves the store and those items drop. When they come back should you replace those items?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for seasonal.

Store Director Interview

Store Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I was first called by the HR director who conducted a phone interview with me. She asked about my former experience and the phone interview went very well. She asked me in for a on-site interview.
Once she looked over my resume, she seemed to be drawn to my first job, over 10 years ago because she was familiar with the company. Instead of asking me about my most recent jobs, she only asked about the first one. I had several references but they weren't enough as she wanted one from the first company. I told her they didn't have a corporate office and I don't have their cell phones and she looked shocked and made that clear. She made a point out of mentioning she has references from employers dating 15 years back and finds it very strange that I don't.
She then explained that she didn't see me as a fit for the position I was applying for, but instead for an entry level position even though I had more than enough experience for the management position. I asked why that was and she shrugged and said that's just what she sees me at.
I'm not sure what happened but I don't think she stayed professional during the entire course of the interview. She seemed very hooked on my first job that seemed to cause the problem.

Interview Question – To give her references from a job I had 10 years ago.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Applied during holiday season and had a group interview within that week. They will re-interview you after the holiday season either 2 or 3 more times. Store manager will interview you along with another manager. You can tell if they want to keep you after seasonal if you continuously have a shift the next week. If not, you're cut. Ask you tricky questions about where you see yourself in a year or 5 years. They find ways to see if you're just telling them what they want to hear. But, they want to know you do want to work there.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (You better say with the company)   Answer Question

Skincare Lead Interview

Skincare Lead
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in June 2013.

Interview Details – My first call from the SD was so encouraging. She was so sweet and let me talk forever on the phone about how excited I was to get an interview and that they were considering me for management. I met with the SD and Specialist for about 2 hours at the Hilton Hotel because it was a new store. I was then on the phone the next day with the DM for about 45 minutes going over my experience and what I was looking for in a job. It ended up being a perfect fit.

Interview Question – What was one of my most difficult experiences with an employee and how did I handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my wage and ask about benefits, growth within the company, how raises work, how my paid-time-off works, and transfer opportunities.

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I had one interview before landing the job. I was asked very basic questions that were very customer and integrity focused.

Interview Question – The questions revolved around 'what would you do'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I was given what I'd asked for in the application. A coworker tried to negotiate by ended up at the same pay as me.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Aventura, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Filled application and three days after was contacted by the assistant manager for a group interview which I found odd but agreed we were supposed to be three but only two of us showed up the Sephora I was interviewing for is a Stand alone big Sephora store in a big mall so we did the interview at coffee shop near by

Interview Question – Not really difficult questions just the typical customer service questions like how you would approach a customer etc   View Answer

Assistant Manager/Operations Manager Interview

Assistant Manager/Operations Manager
Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora in October 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied on-line, then had first interview with Store Manager. Two more interviews over the phone with other Managers. Then about a month later another interview with DM. When I arrived the DM had brought 2 other Managers (I didn't know that) It was over an hour with typical questions but were more interested in my last employer and why I left.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Pretty general, what is your strengths and opportunities.   Answer Question

Operations Consultant Interview

Operations Consultant
Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very generic, much like any other retailer in the mall. An application is submitted and the store will get back to you in a week or so. If passionate, stopping by the store during a slow period will help tremendously. I had an interview when I decided to stop by one day. I had an interview with the new store manager first and second interview with the manager being replaced a few days later. Then, it's up to your interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate when offered the rate. My pay only increased by 3% but was still greater than any other offer I had at the time.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call the day after. I came in for the interview and I originally had planned to get a position in Color, but they needed seasonal sales associates for register and greetings. I would have agreed to the position. However, the interview did not go very far. I went to makeup school and esthetician school so I had prior beauty experience but I didn't have any long job experience. I did not get the job because she said I didn't have any retail experience and that there was no way that I could be offered the job. But, I did some research online and found that many people have gotten jobs there without any prior job experience so I'm pretty bummed out and I'm not sure if that's the way for all locations.

Interview Question – She actually didn't even get to ask me any questions because I didn't have enough "retail experience"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora