Sephora

Relevance Date Difficulty

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details – I met the manager and gave them my resume and scheduled an interview.

Interview Question – Think of a place or restaurant that has good customer service   View Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in October 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone asking for me to do a group interview. The group interview was casual but dressy casual. Questions were fairly easy. Know a little history about Sephora, how you would react if you saw someone stealing, what store do you remember getting great customer service at and why, past job history, availability, why do you want to work for Sephora. There weren't any trick questions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. A lot of Googling gave back helpful information on the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a seasonal hire, we were told in the interview how much they were offering. You either accepted or declined.

Color Cast Member Interview

Color Cast Member
Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – The interview itself wasn't difficult-the length of the process and having to interview with multiple people was the most frustrating part of it. I wasn't sure I was going to get the job because of all of the rescheduling that happened during the application process.

Interview Question – Honestly I really wasn't asked anything that surprised me. I felt pretty confident during my interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their offer exceeded my expectations so I thought it would be wise to just accept and keep my mouth shut.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – The interview was very professional, and i had a overall good experience with it. Even though i didn't get the job, i think it was for the best. i didn't realise what the job fully in tailed. i thought it would be just cashier period. But they would prefer if you could also work the floor. I don't personally didn't have the knowledge about makeup at the time to be doing that.

Interview Question – I realised at the interview that the people who generally get hired are either Makeup artist or aextremely knowledgeable about make up and skilled at applying it   Answer Question

Education Lead Interview

Education Lead
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Usually you are interviewed about 4 times. Including one time being with the DM.

Interview Question – They ask you if you are going to school and if it will interfere with working there.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cast Member Interview

Seasonal Cast Member

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sephora in November 2013.

Interview Details – My situation was very different than normal Sephora interviews. My Sephora was hiring for seasonal and I missed the opportunity because their group interviews were always on the days I had school. I have a friend who works there, and she knew that I was really interested in Sephora. After Sephora had hired all their seasonals, apparently something happened where they only needed one more seasonal employee. My friend had apparently recommended me, and they already had my application on file. I got a call from the manager telling me that they had 1 position open, and that I had an interview if I wanted. I was extremely happy because Sephora was/is my dream job.
Like I said, they only needed one person, so luckily I was able to not have to do a group interview. But, I have heard that Sephora group interviews aren't too intimidating anyways. After the interview she told me she just had to call my references, and that she would be in touch. The next morning I got an email from Sephora saying that I got the job and telling me how to fill out all of the paperwork needed to start.
All the managers were so nice and helpful through out my interview and training process. Although I only worked with the store seasonally, I was extremely happy that I got the chance to do so. Sephora is a great company, and a company that I hope to work for again someday.

Interview Question – Many questions about customer service and my views on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I was told my pay through the Sephora portal. It was higher than I expected it to be so I felt no need to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Cast Member Interview

Seasonal Cast Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – You are called for a phone interview. Then you go through three rounds of interviews with management. Final interview is with the store director and I guess this is the most important interview because S/he ultimately makes the final decision. Sephora is very focused on personality, so make sure you bring yourself to the interview. Sephora likes unique, different, and fun people.

Interview Question – If a client purchases a lot of products, and leaves the store and those items drop. When they come back should you replace those items?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for seasonal.

Store Director Interview

Store Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I was first called by the HR director who conducted a phone interview with me. She asked about my former experience and the phone interview went very well. She asked me in for a on-site interview.
Once she looked over my resume, she seemed to be drawn to my first job, over 10 years ago because she was familiar with the company. Instead of asking me about my most recent jobs, she only asked about the first one. I had several references but they weren't enough as she wanted one from the first company. I told her they didn't have a corporate office and I don't have their cell phones and she looked shocked and made that clear. She made a point out of mentioning she has references from employers dating 15 years back and finds it very strange that I don't.
She then explained that she didn't see me as a fit for the position I was applying for, but instead for an entry level position even though I had more than enough experience for the management position. I asked why that was and she shrugged and said that's just what she sees me at.
I'm not sure what happened but I don't think she stayed professional during the entire course of the interview. She seemed very hooked on my first job that seemed to cause the problem.

Interview Question – To give her references from a job I had 10 years ago.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Applied during holiday season and had a group interview within that week. They will re-interview you after the holiday season either 2 or 3 more times. Store manager will interview you along with another manager. You can tell if they want to keep you after seasonal if you continuously have a shift the next week. If not, you're cut. Ask you tricky questions about where you see yourself in a year or 5 years. They find ways to see if you're just telling them what they want to hear. But, they want to know you do want to work there.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (You better say with the company)   Answer Question

Skincare Lead Interview

Skincare Lead
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in June 2013.

Interview Details – My first call from the SD was so encouraging. She was so sweet and let me talk forever on the phone about how excited I was to get an interview and that they were considering me for management. I met with the SD and Specialist for about 2 hours at the Hilton Hotel because it was a new store. I was then on the phone the next day with the DM for about 45 minutes going over my experience and what I was looking for in a job. It ended up being a perfect fit.

Interview Question – What was one of my most difficult experiences with an employee and how did I handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my wage and ask about benefits, growth within the company, how raises work, how my paid-time-off works, and transfer opportunities.