Sephora

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Planner Interview

Merchandise Planner
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Sephora in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interviews then multiple round of interviews.
At times lengthy gap between interviews.

Interview Question – Describe why you be beneficial to our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Fairly easy, sent in resume and filled out application, got a call to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Questioning was fairly average, wanted to know if you were friendly, and could sell product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was based on experience, no negotiations.

Seasonal Sale Associate Interview

Seasonal Sale Associate
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sephora in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for a group interview the following day.
The group interview was with 3 other girls and the questions were basic retail questions, We didn't have to sell any products just sell our selves. The interview lasted about 15 min.
I was called later that day and asked for professional references, they asked for two but only called one of them.
I was called about an hour later and asked to come in for a second interview the previous day.
I met with one of the Color managers, she asked me questions like why do you want to work for Sephora and had me tell her all about my previous work experience. After about 7 min she offered me the job!

Interview Question – Tell me about a boss you didn't get along with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was none

Seasonal Cast Member Interview

Seasonal Cast Member

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora in November 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received an email inviting me to a job fair at the store closest to me. There were about 20-25 candidates there that day. They took us in groups to the "backstage area" and asked 3 questions of each of us. The questions were:

1. Give an example of an experience where you received excellent customer service. What was it like?

2. Give an example of a time you had to delegate tasks to others to get a task completed. How did you handle it.

3. Give an example of a time you had to multitask to accomplish a task.

After that we were dismissed and told that we would hear from them either way. After a few days I received an email from the Store Director asking if I could come in for a second interview with her in a few days. It was about a week between interviews.
In the second interview she asked me about myself and where I see myself in the next 5 years. After asking these questions she basically offered me the job and told me I would receive an offer via email that I should accept. She then told me what days I would be training and ended the interview very pleasantly. It was a good experience.
It was another few days before I received the offer via email and was prompted to fill out a good amount of paperwork before the first day of training.

Interview Question – There wasn't any particularly hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She asked what I would like to make. I said around $10-11. She said she could do $10.50.

Beauty Studio Captain Interview

Beauty Studio Captain
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online. No artistry skills test.

Interview Question – What personal success have you had at your previous job that can be measured?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer of 16. No negotiation.

Beauty Product Consultant Interview

Beauty Product Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews. One was a group and then a 2nd interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer dropped a bottle of perfume that just purchased outside of the store?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1st interview is a group interview, only 3 girls, and 3 managers. the management team had a good rapport with each other so that eased a few nerves. other than that the questions where pretty standard. they spend equal time asking each questions. and you get a call back to have a one-on-one with the store manager. seasonal is how they hire on staff, they have to try you out first before you become a full time cast member.

Interview Question – you biggest weakness, 3 adjectives that a former employer would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple phone call, the process went pretty quickly, they tell you of your discount and pay rate, max. hours (still haven't gotten more than 10hrs a week though.) give them a yay or nay. ya no..

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Basic retail interview questions-why you want the job, what about the store you like, your favorite brands sold by Sephora, why you like those brands, experience in retail/make-up/skincare. If you've been on a retail interview before, none of the questions would surprise you. It's obviously just to make sure you have the ability to talk to someone you don't know and a base level of knowledge about the products.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in September 2013.

Interview Details – I went through two interviews. Everyone is friendly but people are different everywhere so don't bank on that. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked if I would accept the amount they offered me and I said yes.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in October 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied to the Sephora inside the JCP a few months ago but never heard anything, JCP ended up calling me back a few weeks later asking to come to a group interview. This was actually the 2nd group interview I had ever been to and it was actually not that bad at all. The manager from JCP made us all feel very comfortable and at ease. In the group interview we had to tell about ourselves and pitch a certain idea that would appeal to JCP customers. It was hard at all. Then we went on a tour of the store and had to "organize" a certain area to "get a feel of the job". After that was done she said those of us who were going to be offered a job would be contacted within a day or so. The next day she had called me back and said that she wanted me to interview with the Sephora manager. (So even though you apply Sephora you have to go through JCP first.) I went in for my 2nd interview with Sephora and it went really good. I don't have any retail experience but because of my customer service background and my outgoing personality, she said she really wanted me to try for the season and afterwards I could stay full time if all goes good and I want it.

Interview Question – The manager gave me a skincare product and asked me to tell her why she should or shouldn't use the product. I'd never seen or heard of the product before but I know first hand you have to ask the customers as many questions about what she/he is looking for and what their needs are before you can recommend a product to them. Also, they are going to ask "Why Sephora?" and don't "because I love makeup so much" They really want to hear how you can help the company grow and be even more successful which is with your passion for beauty as a whole, making customers feel beautiful inside and out and giving them the absolute best experience at Sephora making them HAVE to come back!. (My answer to the question and the manager loved it)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora