Sephora

Relevance Date Difficulty

Skincare Lead Interview

Skincare Lead
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in June 2013.

Interview Details – My first call from the SD was so encouraging. She was so sweet and let me talk forever on the phone about how excited I was to get an interview and that they were considering me for management. I met with the SD and Specialist for about 2 hours at the Hilton Hotel because it was a new store. I was then on the phone the next day with the DM for about 45 minutes going over my experience and what I was looking for in a job. It ended up being a perfect fit.

Interview Question – What was one of my most difficult experiences with an employee and how did I handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my wage and ask about benefits, growth within the company, how raises work, how my paid-time-off works, and transfer opportunities.

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I had one interview before landing the job. I was asked very basic questions that were very customer and integrity focused.

Interview Question – The questions revolved around 'what would you do'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I was given what I'd asked for in the application. A coworker tried to negotiate by ended up at the same pay as me.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Aventura, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Filled application and three days after was contacted by the assistant manager for a group interview which I found odd but agreed we were supposed to be three but only two of us showed up the Sephora I was interviewing for is a Stand alone big Sephora store in a big mall so we did the interview at coffee shop near by

Interview Question – Not really difficult questions just the typical customer service questions like how you would approach a customer etc   View Answer

Assistant Manager/Operations Manager Interview

Assistant Manager/Operations Manager
Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora in October 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied on-line, then had first interview with Store Manager. Two more interviews over the phone with other Managers. Then about a month later another interview with DM. When I arrived the DM had brought 2 other Managers (I didn't know that) It was over an hour with typical questions but were more interested in my last employer and why I left.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Pretty general, what is your strengths and opportunities.   Answer Question

Operations Consultant Interview

Operations Consultant
Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very generic, much like any other retailer in the mall. An application is submitted and the store will get back to you in a week or so. If passionate, stopping by the store during a slow period will help tremendously. I had an interview when I decided to stop by one day. I had an interview with the new store manager first and second interview with the manager being replaced a few days later. Then, it's up to your interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate when offered the rate. My pay only increased by 3% but was still greater than any other offer I had at the time.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call the day after. I came in for the interview and I originally had planned to get a position in Color, but they needed seasonal sales associates for register and greetings. I would have agreed to the position. However, the interview did not go very far. I went to makeup school and esthetician school so I had prior beauty experience but I didn't have any long job experience. I did not get the job because she said I didn't have any retail experience and that there was no way that I could be offered the job. But, I did some research online and found that many people have gotten jobs there without any prior job experience so I'm pretty bummed out and I'm not sure if that's the way for all locations.

Interview Question – She actually didn't even get to ask me any questions because I didn't have enough "retail experience"   Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Merchandise Planner
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Sephora in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interviews then multiple round of interviews.
At times lengthy gap between interviews.

Interview Question – Describe why you be beneficial to our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant

Interview Details – Fairly easy, sent in resume and filled out application, got a call to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Questioning was fairly average, wanted to know if you were friendly, and could sell product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was based on experience, no negotiations.

Seasonal Sale Associate Interview

Seasonal Sale Associate
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sephora in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for a group interview the following day.
The group interview was with 3 other girls and the questions were basic retail questions, We didn't have to sell any products just sell our selves. The interview lasted about 15 min.
I was called later that day and asked for professional references, they asked for two but only called one of them.
I was called about an hour later and asked to come in for a second interview the previous day.
I met with one of the Color managers, she asked me questions like why do you want to work for Sephora and had me tell her all about my previous work experience. After about 7 min she offered me the job!

Interview Question – Tell me about a boss you didn't get along with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was none

Seasonal Cast Member Interview

Seasonal Cast Member

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora in November 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received an email inviting me to a job fair at the store closest to me. There were about 20-25 candidates there that day. They took us in groups to the "backstage area" and asked 3 questions of each of us. The questions were:

1. Give an example of an experience where you received excellent customer service. What was it like?

2. Give an example of a time you had to delegate tasks to others to get a task completed. How did you handle it.

3. Give an example of a time you had to multitask to accomplish a task.

After that we were dismissed and told that we would hear from them either way. After a few days I received an email from the Store Director asking if I could come in for a second interview with her in a few days. It was about a week between interviews.
In the second interview she asked me about myself and where I see myself in the next 5 years. After asking these questions she basically offered me the job and told me I would receive an offer via email that I should accept. She then told me what days I would be training and ended the interview very pleasantly. It was a good experience.
It was another few days before I received the offer via email and was prompted to fill out a good amount of paperwork before the first day of training.

Interview Question – There wasn't any particularly hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She asked what I would like to make. I said around $10-11. She said she could do $10.50.