Sephora Lead Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.5

Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Was called three days after I applied. Had three one on one interviews and had a demo. Demo consisted of working on the floor for an hour while hiring manager watched.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I went through a series of 4 total interviews - first was a group interview, then individual interviews with different members of management and district management. I was asked a lot of questions about my job experience and where I see myself fitting in with the company. The interview process was rigorous, but not necessarily intimidating. I do not expect sales positions or part-time/seasonal position require as many interviews.

Interview Questions

• What I would do if I were the owner of a perfume store and a customer who had just purchased a bottle of perfume dropped it and broke it on her way out.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

The interview process was average. I was not asked any questions that I can even remember as standing out.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember, but the Store Director interviewed me. Very average questions. Sephora's policy is that you are flawed anyway and that they need to fix you so that you can do your job better-so unless you bomb, they will accept a few less than perfect responses just as a personal weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really too much negotiation, but your bonus potential should not be a factor in determining how much money you will make-the bonuses are not guaranteed.

Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I was hired as a seasonal employee and went through about 3 or 4 interviews. One was very informal at a coffee shop. The next was a group interview. Then with the store manager. And again with the store's assistant manager.

Negotiation

I was given slightly more than minimum wage.

Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online for a new store opening. Met at Starbucks for the initial, and second interview - both with Store Directors. Both interviews were very general - no "form" questions and thankfully, no "tell me about a time..." questions. I felt good after both interviews, but unfortunately no offer.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing since your last job?   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora in May 2010.

Interview

This was an internal promotion interview. The position was available for a lead role. I was made aware by my store director. Internally there was some prepping that was done. My store director wanted to make sure I was set up for success. She told me specifics on what types of things that may be asked in my interview and even walked through some questions with me. Had to phone interview with DM and SD from the location. Very business driven questions on how to grow, specific challenges I would encounter, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your peers would receive you as a leader?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use managerial courage?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for what I needed. It was challenging but as a leader I feel that you have more ground to stand on with factual PROOF that you are worth it( past achievements, sales) For advice on someone that is considering an offer? You are already one step ahead if you have discovered this site. Do your research and find out what the industry pays.