Sephora

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – The interview process was average. I was not asked any questions that I can even remember as standing out.

Interview Question – I can't remember, but the Store Director interviewed me. Very average questions. Sephora's policy is that you are flawed anyway and that they need to fix you so that you can do your job better-so unless you bomb, they will accept a few less than perfect responses just as a personal weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really too much negotiation, but your bonus potential should not be a factor in determining how much money you will make-the bonuses are not guaranteed.

Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I was hired as a seasonal employee and went through about 3 or 4 interviews. One was very informal at a coffee shop. The next was a group interview. Then with the store manager. And again with the store's assistant manager.

Negotiation Details – I was given slightly more than minimum wage.

Lead

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in May 2010.

Interview Details – This was an internal promotion interview. The position was available for a lead role. I was made aware by my store director. Internally there was some prepping that was done. My store director wanted to make sure I was set up for success. She told me specifics on what types of things that may be asked in my interview and even walked through some questions with me. Had to phone interview with DM and SD from the location. Very business driven questions on how to grow, specific challenges I would encounter, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for what I needed. It was challenging but as a leader I feel that you have more ground to stand on with factual PROOF that you are worth it( past achievements, sales) For advice on someone that is considering an offer? You are already one step ahead if you have discovered this site. Do your research and find out what the industry pays.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Lead

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sephora in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online for a new store opening. Met at Starbucks for the initial, and second interview - both with Store Directors. Both interviews were very general - no "form" questions and thankfully, no "tell me about a time..." questions. I felt good after both interviews, but unfortunately no offer.

Interview Question – What have you been doing since your last job?   View Answer

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!