Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions

1.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Sephora in September 2014.

The whole process started because I was in Sephora inside jc Penney one day on a Friday and ended up talking to the beauty leader and asked if they were hiring. He said that they were and asked questions such as if I was comfortable touching people's faces, availability and if I have any experience... I do, but it's very little. He loved me and told me to either go to the kiosk or go home and apply online. He gave me his card and told me to call him right after I submit my application, so he can pull it. I called him and he said he was going to pull it, but he was about to get off and would be on vacation until Tuesday, so expect a call on that day. Like clockwork, Tuesday came and my phone rang. It was him asking if I was available the next day for a group interview.

I got to jcp that Wednesday for my group interview and they were expecting about 6 applicants that they called to show up. Only 3 of us were there when it was interview time which was fine with me because my chances were that much better! (1 girl showed up about 10 minutes late and they sent her away... So BE ON TIME!) The interview panel consisted of Sephora's Beauty Leader, jcp's HR manager and Sephora's Education Leader.

I felt like it was more of a group conversation than an interview. It was actually pretty fun and easy. There weren't really any unexpected questions. They were all standard customer service and sales questions. I'll list some of the questions below.

All in all, it was a good experience and it all happened pretty fast. I inquired about the job on Friday and had the job on Wednesday.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Sephora?   View Answers (2)
  • Explain a good and bad experience as a customer and your opinion or stance on the company after your experience?   View Answer
  • Explain a bad experience with someone you worked with and how it was resolved?   View Answer
  • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   View Answer
I didn't try to negotiate. They offered $11 to start and I accepted because I don't have much experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sephora in October 2013.

Worked at the Sephora Inside JCPENNEY; you are essentially interviewing for JCP, so they call you usually for a group interview and then they hire everyone, kind of no process to it at all....

Interview Questions
    • You go around the store and talk about how you would sell to a customer, in a different department such as mens or childrens, if you are a salesperson its quite easy.   View Answer
    No negotiation, they brought us into a room and one by one they told us we were hired and here's x amount of dollars, i was unemployed at the time so any money was better than no money. Not a wage i would want to raise a family on.

Product Consultant Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Great interview. Vert easy to talk to, I felt like I was talking to friends. Talked in the phone for a while and met the following day to meet in person.

Product Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview process was great! I interviewed for SEC originally and had to go through 3 interviews. Beauty Leader, Jcpenney store manager, and district manager. The beauty leader interview was by far the easiest. It felt like you were talking to an old friend. The hiring process took over a month which was annoying. I had all 3 interviews with no call from the Beauty Leader. I would call almost everyday with no answers for over a month. And since it took that long, she lost my application and I had to redo the application. That was definitely annoying since that is a long process. Plus I didn't even get the position I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I personally had no difficult questions. Normal retail questions were asked.   Answer Question
    She offered me Product Consultant instead of the position I originally applied for.

Product Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora.

Took a few months to get in and situated. The manager was always grumpy and unorganized. Had one interview and was hired at a very low rate

what about, 10.30 and hour? ok how about 10.75

Product Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Fairly easy, sent in resume and filled out application, got a call to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questioning was fairly average, wanted to know if you were friendly, and could sell product.   Answer Question
    Pay was based on experience, no negotiations.

Product Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

I applied online for the Sephora inside a local JCP, got a call for the interview. Went in and the lady told me that it would be a super simple interview, and that it would be a role play. For 10 minutes she had me familiarize myself with the store, and then when the 10 minutes was over, she pretended to be a customer buying makeup for a gift. She did it to see how my customer interaction was and all that jazz.

Interview Questions
    • Super easy interview, don't apply for sephora if you don't know crap about makeup. She asked me about college, my flexibility, and my experience with my last job and why I left. Honestly the easiest interview I've ever had.   Answer Question
    Pretty much implied that I got the job, waiting for her to call me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in August 2011.

I created a profile on the JCPenney career website and then called several Sephora in JCPenney stores to see which ones were hiring. I interviewed at one Sephora inside JCPenney but did not receive an offer. Several months, later on a monday, a different Sephora called and asked if i was still interested in a position there. I did not even apply to that specific one nor contact them! But I said of course I'm interested and we scheduled an interview for wednesday. She was very personable and easy-going. She asked basic questions about how do you deal with difficult customers or stressful situaions. She offered me a second interview with the store manager of JCPenney for that friday. The questions were kind of the same, just worded more complex lol. About an hour later I received a call from them but I missed it and she didnt leave a message! But she called back the next morning and let me know that they absolutely loved me and wanted to offer me a position! It takes about 4 or 5 days to clear the background check and then they will me in to begin training :)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond your job description?   View Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in August 2010.

after you give in your application they call you in the next few weeks to set up an interview.
    the interview can be one on one or in a group interview.

Product Consultant Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sephora.

I filled/turned in my application to the manager, who seemed very interested. She asked me a couple of questions; why I wanted to work there and what my availability was. Then she told me that she was going to call all the candidates the following week because she was going to do group interviews. Sadly, I never got a call. :(

Interview Questions

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!