Sephora

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Interview process was great! I interviewed for SEC originally and had to go through 3 interviews. Beauty Leader, Jcpenney store manager, and district manager. The beauty leader interview was by far the easiest. It felt like you were talking to an old friend. The hiring process took over a month which was annoying. I had all 3 interviews with no call from the Beauty Leader. I would call almost everyday with no answers for over a month. And since it took that long, she lost my application and I had to redo the application. That was definitely annoying since that is a long process. Plus I didn't even get the position I was looking for.

Interview Question – I personally had no difficult questions. Normal retail questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She offered me Product Consultant instead of the position I originally applied for.

Very Easy Interview

Product Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Took a few months to get in and situated. The manager was always grumpy and unorganized. Had one interview and was hired at a very low rate

Interview Question – no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – what about, 10.30 and hour? ok how about 10.75

Product Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Fairly easy, sent in resume and filled out application, got a call to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Questioning was fairly average, wanted to know if you were friendly, and could sell product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was based on experience, no negotiations.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Sephora inside a local JCP, got a call for the interview. Went in and the lady told me that it would be a super simple interview, and that it would be a role play. For 10 minutes she had me familiarize myself with the store, and then when the 10 minutes was over, she pretended to be a customer buying makeup for a gift. She did it to see how my customer interaction was and all that jazz.

Interview Question – Super easy interview, don't apply for sephora if you don't know crap about makeup. She asked me about college, my flexibility, and my experience with my last job and why I left. Honestly the easiest interview I've ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty much implied that I got the job, waiting for her to call me.

Very Easy Interview

Culver City, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in August 2011.

Interview Details – I created a profile on the JCPenney career website and then called several Sephora in JCPenney stores to see which ones were hiring. I interviewed at one Sephora inside JCPenney but did not receive an offer. Several months, later on a monday, a different Sephora called and asked if i was still interested in a position there. I did not even apply to that specific one nor contact them! But I said of course I'm interested and we scheduled an interview for wednesday. She was very personable and easy-going. She asked basic questions about how do you deal with difficult customers or stressful situaions. She offered me a second interview with the store manager of JCPenney for that friday. The questions were kind of the same, just worded more complex lol. About an hour later I received a call from them but I missed it and she didnt leave a message! But she called back the next morning and let me know that they absolutely loved me and wanted to offer me a position! It takes about 4 or 5 days to clear the background check and then they will me in to begin training :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond your job description?   View Answer
  • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in August 2010.

Interview Details – after you give in your application they call you in the next few weeks to set up an interview.
the interview can be one on one or in a group interview.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Product Consultant

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – I filled/turned in my application to the manager, who seemed very interested. She asked me a couple of questions; why I wanted to work there and what my availability was. Then she told me that she was going to call all the candidates the following week because she was going to do group interviews. Sadly, I never got a call. :(

Interview Question – Why sephora?   Answer Question

Product Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – It was simple, filled my information online and an interview was schedule and the follow week I was working.

Product Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied at the store computer inside jc penny, i got a call within 2 days from the manager, had a brief phone interview, mostly questions about customer service , previous experience, and they give lot of importsnce to grooming..

Interview Question – Please tell us a situation where u had to convince an unsatisfied customer to buy a product?   Answer Question

Product Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in September 2011.

Interview Details – Computer test, phone interview, manager interviiew, president interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I negotiated pay

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sephora Product Consultant interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sephora employees and interview candidates.