Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.0

Product Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora in September 2011.

Computer test, phone interview, manager interviiew, president interview

I negotiated pay

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Product Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora in September 2010.

I applied at the store computer inside jc penny, i got a call within 2 days from the manager, had a brief phone interview, mostly questions about customer service , previous experience, and they give lot of importsnce to grooming..

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us a situation where u had to convince an unsatisfied customer to buy a product?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora in May 2009.

Appplied for job, interviewed a couple of weeks later, hired, trained for about a month, put to work on sales floor right after. To be hired just make sure to keep your appearance up, and wear makeup. Also be friendly and outspoken, don't be afraid to speak or greet customers, and be warm to your coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Why is the best way to demonstrate proper customer service?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview process was great! I interviewed for SEC originally and had to go through 3 interviews. Beauty Leader, Jcpenney store manager, and district manager. The beauty leader interview was by far the easiest. It felt like you were talking to an old friend. The hiring process took over a month which was annoying. I had all 3 interviews with no call from the Beauty Leader. I would call almost everyday with no answers for over a month. And since it took that long, she lost my application and I had to redo the application. That was definitely annoying since that is a long process. Plus I didn't even get the position I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I personally had no difficult questions. Normal retail questions were asked.   Answer Question
    She offered me Product Consultant instead of the position I originally applied for.

Product Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in May 2013.

For the sephora inside JCPenney job, I submitted my application online thru the jcp website. They later called me to set up an interview. On the interview they ask you the usual questions like why you want to work there, a situation in the past when you've provided excellent customer service, how you handle a difficult customer, etc etc. It wasn't a difficult interview.
    I went dressed in a business casual outfit with my makeup done. Not too heavy, but making sure it looks like you spent time on it. You don't need prior professional experience with makeup or anything, but being interested and excited about makeup and skincare is a must.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer? Be prepared to have a few interesting questions for them as well   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora in August 2010.

after you give in your application they call you in the next few weeks to set up an interview.
    the interview can be one on one or in a group interview.

Product Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora.

I applied online for the Sephora inside a local JCP, got a call for the interview. Went in and the lady told me that it would be a super simple interview, and that it would be a role play. For 10 minutes she had me familiarize myself with the store, and then when the 10 minutes was over, she pretended to be a customer buying makeup for a gift. She did it to see how my customer interaction was and all that jazz.

Interview Questions
    • Super easy interview, don't apply for sephora if you don't know crap about makeup. She asked me about college, my flexibility, and my experience with my last job and why I left. Honestly the easiest interview I've ever had.   Answer Question
    Pretty much implied that I got the job, waiting for her to call me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora in August 2011.

I created a profile on the JCPenney career website and then called several Sephora in JCPenney stores to see which ones were hiring. I interviewed at one Sephora inside JCPenney but did not receive an offer. Several months, later on a monday, a different Sephora called and asked if i was still interested in a position there. I did not even apply to that specific one nor contact them! But I said of course I'm interested and we scheduled an interview for wednesday. She was very personable and easy-going. She asked basic questions about how do you deal with difficult customers or stressful situaions. She offered me a second interview with the store manager of JCPenney for that friday. The questions were kind of the same, just worded more complex lol. About an hour later I received a call from them but I missed it and she didnt leave a message! But she called back the next morning and let me know that they absolutely loved me and wanted to offer me a position! It takes about 4 or 5 days to clear the background check and then they will me in to begin training :)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond your job description?   View Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sephora.

Took a few months to get in and situated. The manager was always grumpy and unorganized. Had one interview and was hired at a very low rate

what about, 10.30 and hour? ok how about 10.75

Product Consultant Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Great interview. Vert easy to talk to, I felt like I was talking to friends. Talked in the phone for a while and met the following day to meet in person.