Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Glendale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

my interview was for JCP. It was a bit odd we had to be placed in groups and use building blocks to create a house. The thing is one person looked at the photo for 10 seconds, go back to your group and not touch a thing but describe which blocks to use and how to place them. Here's a tip, I talked to the manager after being hired, if you were to blank out (being too nervous to remember what you saw) and not say anything to your team just wait for the other persons turn to continue, thats it. Your done. Not that they would ask you to leave but they crossed you off their list immediately and you lost the job.The key was communication. Then we were giving scenarios and we had to do a sales pitch

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a difficult client and how did you hep them   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in May 2013.

Interview

For the sephora inside JCPenney job, I submitted my application online thru the jcp website. They later called me to set up an interview. On the interview they ask you the usual questions like why you want to work there, a situation in the past when you've provided excellent customer service, how you handle a difficult customer, etc etc. It wasn't a difficult interview. I went dressed in a business casual outfit with my makeup done. Not too heavy, but making sure it looks like you spent time on it. You don't need prior professional experience with makeup or anything, but being interested and excited about makeup and skincare is a must.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer? Be prepared to have a few interesting questions for them as well   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Interview process was great! I interviewed for SEC originally and had to go through 3 interviews. Beauty Leader, Jcpenney store manager, and district manager. The beauty leader interview was by far the easiest. It felt like you were talking to an old friend. The hiring process took over a month which was annoying. I had all 3 interviews with no call from the Beauty Leader. I would call almost everyday with no answers for over a month. And since it took that long, she lost my application and I had to redo the application. That was definitely annoying since that is a long process. Plus I didn't even get the position I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• I personally had no difficult questions. Normal retail questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She offered me Product Consultant instead of the position I originally applied for.

Product Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora in May 2009.

Interview

Appplied for job, interviewed a couple of weeks later, hired, trained for about a month, put to work on sales floor right after. To be hired just make sure to keep your appearance up, and wear makeup. Also be friendly and outspoken, don't be afraid to speak or greet customers, and be warm to your coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Why is the best way to demonstrate proper customer service?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora in September 2011.

Interview

Computer test, phone interview, manager interviiew, president interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated pay

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora in September 2010.

Interview

I applied at the store computer inside jc penny, i got a call within 2 days from the manager, had a brief phone interview, mostly questions about customer service , previous experience, and they give lot of importsnce to grooming..

Interview Questions

• Please tell us a situation where u had to convince an unsatisfied customer to buy a product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Holyoke, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was quick. She looked at my resume and then started asking away. She asked me what I could do for someone who needed my help, and I told her I would assist them as best to my knowledge. She frowned upon that answer, I do not know why. I think they are particularly looking for someone with a skill set related to the work, they are not looking to train any newbies. Even though I do know of past employees with only high school and some retail experience like myself... This store had very many applicants and they were not going to just pick anyone this round. I think if you apply through a jcpenny Sephora, you're chances are probably better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in May 2015.

Interview

The location I applied at had just posted on the JCPenney website that they were hiring inside the Sephora. The next day, I called the Sephora inside JCPenney & inquired about the position. They told me they were looking for a part-time product consultant, but I'd have to get in contact with the HR manager. Next day, I received a voicemail from the HR Manager to call her to arrange an interview. I called back every day for a week. Finally, I got ahold of the manager and I was told to go to a group interview that afternoon. In the interview, we had to do a team building exercise where one person instructed the group to build an object out of blocks. After that, we had to pitch an idea to the entire group and then voted on which idea was the best. Next, we had individual interviews with another manager, who then told me that the Sephora was fully staffed and they weren't looking for new Sephora employees. I was asked if I wanted to work anywhere else in the store, and I said I'd prefer to work in a sales position so I could get more retail and customer service experience. They told me I'd be moved once a Sephora position opened up. A few days later, I received a call, telling me they wanted me to be a receptionist at a different area in the store. I was instructed to come in the following week for orientation and to bring 2 forms of identification. The day before orientation, I called and left a message asking about what time they expected me to be there and where I should go, but I never received a call back. Overall, I felt as though the HR Manager wouldn't respond to calls in a timely manner.

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Willow Grove, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

the first interview i had was a group interview was with one other person and the store manger marlene. i had to go back for another group interview with two managers the second time a week later and then another for a cashier and customer service demonstration. i had to go through three interviews before i got the job about a month later. it was a pretty long interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Springfield, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed alone by the beauty leader although this is not common it is usually a group interview. It was brief, after I met with the beauty leader I had an immediate meeting with the JCP store leader who has the final say and was offered the position.