Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

2.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Consultant Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Sephora.

I filled/turned in my application to the manager, who seemed very interested. She asked me a couple of questions; why I wanted to work there and what my availability was. Then she told me that she was going to call all the candidates the following week because she was going to do group interviews. Sadly, I never got a call. :(

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Product Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sephora.

It was simple, filled my information online and an interview was schedule and the follow week I was working.

Product Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora.

Fairly easy, sent in resume and filled out application, got a call to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questioning was fairly average, wanted to know if you were friendly, and could sell product.   Answer Question
    Pay was based on experience, no negotiations.

Product Consultant Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Great interview. Vert easy to talk to, I felt like I was talking to friends. Talked in the phone for a while and met the following day to meet in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in August 2011.

I created a profile on the JCPenney career website and then called several Sephora in JCPenney stores to see which ones were hiring. I interviewed at one Sephora inside JCPenney but did not receive an offer. Several months, later on a monday, a different Sephora called and asked if i was still interested in a position there. I did not even apply to that specific one nor contact them! But I said of course I'm interested and we scheduled an interview for wednesday. She was very personable and easy-going. She asked basic questions about how do you deal with difficult customers or stressful situaions. She offered me a second interview with the store manager of JCPenney for that friday. The questions were kind of the same, just worded more complex lol. About an hour later I received a call from them but I missed it and she didnt leave a message! But she called back the next morning and let me know that they absolutely loved me and wanted to offer me a position! It takes about 4 or 5 days to clear the background check and then they will me in to begin training :)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond your job description?   View Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora.

Took a few months to get in and situated. The manager was always grumpy and unorganized. Had one interview and was hired at a very low rate

what about, 10.30 and hour? ok how about 10.75

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in August 2010.

after you give in your application they call you in the next few weeks to set up an interview.
    the interview can be one on one or in a group interview.

Product Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

I applied online for the Sephora inside a local JCP, got a call for the interview. Went in and the lady told me that it would be a super simple interview, and that it would be a role play. For 10 minutes she had me familiarize myself with the store, and then when the 10 minutes was over, she pretended to be a customer buying makeup for a gift. She did it to see how my customer interaction was and all that jazz.

Interview Questions
    • Super easy interview, don't apply for sephora if you don't know crap about makeup. She asked me about college, my flexibility, and my experience with my last job and why I left. Honestly the easiest interview I've ever had.   Answer Question
    Pretty much implied that I got the job, waiting for her to call me.

Product Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in September 2010.

I applied at the store computer inside jc penny, i got a call within 2 days from the manager, had a brief phone interview, mostly questions about customer service , previous experience, and they give lot of importsnce to grooming..

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us a situation where u had to convince an unsatisfied customer to buy a product?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in September 2011.

Computer test, phone interview, manager interviiew, president interview

I negotiated pay

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!