Sephora

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sephora.

Whatever you do don't say that you want to work there because you love makeup. The first round of interviews includes sometimes a minimum of 20 people. Just mention how you are there to make them money and to learn the tools that can help you get there.

Interview Questions
After 2 years I told them that I needed a bump from $11 to $14. I was a top sales person so they agreed.

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Sales Associate Interview

I gave my application personally to the manager and she barely even acknowledged me or gave me the time to introduce myself. I found it very disappointing as I was very hopeful to at least get an interview. I guess it was because all the employers were more mature looking women and I look very young compared. But I still found it very rude and i'm sure she barely glanced at my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora in January 2013.

It was very quick they asked me bunch of questions and I was hired on the spot!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora in August 2012.

they called to schedule an interview the day after I applied. It was a group interview in which they asked about customer service scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • what is you biggest weakness when it comes to customer service   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora in May 2012.

Standard questions, but manager seemed to be a little confused about my professional experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora in February 2012.

talked to three different people

Interview Questions

I didn't like the manager

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sephora in December 2011.

. Sephora is HUGE on customer service so make sure your answer is customer service based. if they ask the broken perfume question, you do an exchange for the client. if they ask about why you want to work there don't make it about makeup. they can make anyone a makeup artist they cant make you customer friendly. Oh and they do a very thorough reference check so make sure who ever you put on there loves you and can vouch for you 100%

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora in November 2011.

The interview was very relaxed but professional. I was hired on the spot! That is always a great relief.

Interview Questions
    • How does your previous job experience relate to a position at Sephora?   View Answer
    I asked for $10 per hour and she offered me slightly less. I accepted because I was initially hired as a seasonal worker and I expected to move up quickly. I have yet to see a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora in August 2011.

Manager asked me simple questions about how to talk to customers.

Interview Questions
    • "what will you do if one customer ask you for help while assisting another?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora in August 2011.

I walked into Sephora and asked for an application, filled it out and turned it in about an hour later. A nice SA told me that the manager was on break for lunch, but that she would turn it in to her when she gets back. I told the SA my name and that the manager can call me at any time, and went home. The next day I got a call from the manager and she told me she'd like to interview me, and that I'd be interviewing with an assistant manager. We scheduled the interview three days after she called me.

The day of the interview:
    I decided to wear all black. Hair pulled back, fitted black pants with a fitted black shirt and ballet flats. I walked in to Sephora about 10 minutes before the interview and I was greeted by a very nice MUA. I told him that I had an interview, and he shook my hand, asked my name, and gave me his. He told me that the assistant manager would be out shortly. I browsed around the store for maybe 20 - 25 minutes before the assistant manager greeted me, shook my hand, and took me to the back.

It was a one-on-one interview, and it went smoothly, but it was very routine - it seemed that maybe there were a lot of other applicants and that I was "just another applicant" that she wanted to get through, which I understand. I wish the interviewer would have been more personable; then I would have been more comfortable. The questions were very typical interview questions: they don't care if you like make-up, they are only concerned about your customer service skills and if you are passionate about helping people. Once the interview was done, she shook my hand and told me that I may receive a phone call within two weeks. I was practically glued to my phone for two weeks, hoping I'd get a call, but I never did. After the two weeks, I called my Sephora store and left a message, asking them if the position has been filled or for an update. Never got a call back. I'm kind of bummed that they never called back, not even to say "no, we've filled the position".

Overall, this Sephora store is filled with great people. I hardly ever find a store with such nice customer service whenever I go in there for my makeup, hair, or skincare needs. They seem to all work together nicely, always smiling, always looking nice, and always helpful. I wanted to be a part of that! Ah well.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with Sephora?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you gave good customer service (describe in detail).   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had an issue with a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question