Sephora Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

it was super easy. Met with super friendly staff and they spent alot of time talking about the company which was really nice to learn about. they asked alot about past experience and where i see myself growing in the company

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

it was very easy, and manager was friendly, easy questions, dress for impress and have make up on... girls we are applying to a make up place! not a computer shop.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Whatever you do don't say that you want to work there because you love makeup. The first round of interviews includes sometimes a minimum of 20 people. Just mention how you are there to make them money and to learn the tools that can help you get there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After 2 years I told them that I needed a bump from $11 to $14. I was a top sales person so they agreed.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I gave my application personally to the manager and she barely even acknowledged me or gave me the time to introduce myself. I found it very disappointing as I was very hopeful to at least get an interview. I guess it was because all the employers were more mature looking women and I look very young compared. But I still found it very rude and i'm sure she barely glanced at my application.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in May 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call after applying online and went in for a group interview-- very easy, very laid back. I was with two other people and the manager said she thought we all did well and would move us on to the next round of interviews but I never got a call back...called a few weeks later and they said they were moving on with the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was very quick they asked me bunch of questions and I was hired on the spot!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

they called to schedule an interview the day after I applied. It was a group interview in which they asked about customer service scenarios.

Interview Questions

• what is you biggest weakness when it comes to customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora (Northbrook, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Standard questions, but manager seemed to be a little confused about my professional experience.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

talked to three different people

Interview Questions

• tell us how many brands we carry   1 Answer

I didn't like the manager

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sephora in December 2011.

Interview

. Sephora is HUGE on customer service so make sure your answer is customer service based. if they ask the broken perfume question, you do an exchange for the client. if they ask about why you want to work there don't make it about makeup. they can make anyone a makeup artist they cant make you customer friendly. Oh and they do a very thorough reference check so make sure who ever you put on there loves you and can vouch for you 100%