Sephora Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. The girl that interviewed me was really nice. It was probably one of, if not the best interview I've ever had. I think that the fact that I was really interested in pursuing a career in beauty or cosmetology really gave me an upper hand over all the other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

it was super easy. Met with super friendly staff and they spent alot of time talking about the company which was really nice to learn about. they asked alot about past experience and where i see myself growing in the company

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

it was very easy, and manager was friendly, easy questions, dress for impress and have make up on... girls we are applying to a make up place! not a computer shop.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I went to the group interview and there were even girls there that weren't scheduled to be there. It was hard to get any answers in when people would talk over you. I didn't get the job because of my strict school hours and some girls that had a license "cosmetology/esthetics" were there as well. I'm assuming they were the ones hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What makes you a good fit at Sephora? Describe a difficult customer and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Was unorganized and didn't remember they had an interview scheduled. They lost my app, and then pretended to have it in a locked filed. So instead of asking me to fill out another one, he interviewed me on a pad. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last job   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Whatever you do don't say that you want to work there because you love makeup. The first round of interviews includes sometimes a minimum of 20 people. Just mention how you are there to make them money and to learn the tools that can help you get there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After 2 years I told them that I needed a bump from $11 to $14. I was a top sales person so they agreed.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I gave my application personally to the manager and she barely even acknowledged me or gave me the time to introduce myself. I found it very disappointing as I was very hopeful to at least get an interview. I guess it was because all the employers were more mature looking women and I look very young compared. But I still found it very rude and i'm sure she barely glanced at my application.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in May 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call after applying online and went in for a group interview-- very easy, very laid back. I was with two other people and the manager said she thought we all did well and would move us on to the next round of interviews but I never got a call back...called a few weeks later and they said they were moving on with the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was very quick they asked me bunch of questions and I was hired on the spot!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

they called to schedule an interview the day after I applied. It was a group interview in which they asked about customer service scenarios.

Interview Questions

• what is you biggest weakness when it comes to customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

none