Sephora

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sephora in December 2011.

Interview Details – . Sephora is HUGE on customer service so make sure your answer is customer service based. if they ask the broken perfume question, you do an exchange for the client. if they ask about why you want to work there don't make it about makeup. they can make anyone a makeup artist they cant make you customer friendly. Oh and they do a very thorough reference check so make sure who ever you put on there loves you and can vouch for you 100%

Interview Question – what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Sephora in February 2012.

Interview Details – talked to three different people

Interview Question – tell us how many brands we carry   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the manager

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – Whatever you do don't say that you want to work there because you love makeup. The first round of interviews includes sometimes a minimum of 20 people. Just mention how you are there to make them money and to learn the tools that can help you get there.

Interview Question – Typical retail questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After 2 years I told them that I needed a bump from $11 to $14. I was a top sales person so they agreed.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boulder, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sephora in May 2011.

Interview Details – Total normal interview. Asked me about what i was studying in school, what my previous work/job was, asked me why I wanted to work at sephora, asked me what i could bring to the table, asked me my background in the beauty world, asked me about my future goals/plans for after college, etc.

Interview Question – I think the hardest question was "why do you want to work at sephora?" because... i felt like everyone's answer is the same "um, i love makeup?" try to be more creative than me :)   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details – I gave my application personally to the manager and she barely even acknowledged me or gave me the time to introduce myself. I found it very disappointing as I was very hopeful to at least get an interview. I guess it was because all the employers were more mature looking women and I look very young compared. But I still found it very rude and i'm sure she barely glanced at my application.

Interview Question – No questions   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was very quick they asked me bunch of questions and I was hired on the spot!

Interview Question – If on call shift was okay   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very relaxed but professional. I was hired on the spot! That is always a great relief.

Interview Question – How does your previous job experience relate to a position at Sephora?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for $10 per hour and she offered me slightly less. I accepted because I was initially hired as a seasonal worker and I expected to move up quickly. I have yet to see a raise.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in August 2012.

Interview Details – they called to schedule an interview the day after I applied. It was a group interview in which they asked about customer service scenarios.

Interview Question – what is you biggest weakness when it comes to customer service   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Brea, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in May 2008.

Interview Details – Applied in store and got a call a little less than week later to come in for an interview. Myself and one other girl met with the store director and she asked us a few basic questions, such as, "Why Sephora?" "Tell us about a time when... bad/good customer experience." Absolutely zero experience in cosmetics is required because they will teach you. Obviously it is a plus to have it though. The conversation was very casual, and the store director seemed fun, even if a bit unprofessional. The conversation lasted about 20 minutes. A few days later, I got a call and was offered the job.

Negotiation Details – At the time (4 years ago) I asked for $10.50 and was given $10.50, and as it turns out, about $10 is STILL what they offer new hires, but it seems like they leave some room for negotiation.

Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in May 2012.

Interview Details – Standard questions, but manager seemed to be a little confused about my professional experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!