Sephora Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sephora in December 2011.

. Sephora is HUGE on customer service so make sure your answer is customer service based. if they ask the broken perfume question, you do an exchange for the client. if they ask about why you want to work there don't make it about makeup. they can make anyone a makeup artist they cant make you customer friendly. Oh and they do a very thorough reference check so make sure who ever you put on there loves you and can vouch for you 100%

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Sephora in February 2012.

talked to three different people

Interview Questions

I didn't like the manager

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sephora.

Whatever you do don't say that you want to work there because you love makeup. The first round of interviews includes sometimes a minimum of 20 people. Just mention how you are there to make them money and to learn the tools that can help you get there.

Interview Questions
    After 2 years I told them that I needed a bump from $11 to $14. I was a top sales person so they agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sephora in May 2011.

Total normal interview. Asked me about what i was studying in school, what my previous work/job was, asked me why I wanted to work at sephora, asked me what i could bring to the table, asked me my background in the beauty world, asked me about my future goals/plans for after college, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I think the hardest question was "why do you want to work at sephora?" because... i felt like everyone's answer is the same "um, i love makeup?" try to be more creative than me :)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I gave my application personally to the manager and she barely even acknowledged me or gave me the time to introduce myself. I found it very disappointing as I was very hopeful to at least get an interview. I guess it was because all the employers were more mature looking women and I look very young compared. But I still found it very rude and i'm sure she barely glanced at my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in January 2013.

It was very quick they asked me bunch of questions and I was hired on the spot!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in November 2011.

The interview was very relaxed but professional. I was hired on the spot! That is always a great relief.

Interview Questions
    • How does your previous job experience relate to a position at Sephora?   View Answer
    I asked for $10 per hour and she offered me slightly less. I accepted because I was initially hired as a seasonal worker and I expected to move up quickly. I have yet to see a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sephora in August 2012.

they called to schedule an interview the day after I applied. It was a group interview in which they asked about customer service scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • what is you biggest weakness when it comes to customer service   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in May 2008.

Applied in store and got a call a little less than week later to come in for an interview. Myself and one other girl met with the store director and she asked us a few basic questions, such as, "Why Sephora?" "Tell us about a time when... bad/good customer experience." Absolutely zero experience in cosmetics is required because they will teach you. Obviously it is a plus to have it though. The conversation was very casual, and the store director seemed fun, even if a bit unprofessional. The conversation lasted about 20 minutes. A few days later, I got a call and was offered the job.

At the time (4 years ago) I asked for $10.50 and was given $10.50, and as it turns out, about $10 is STILL what they offer new hires, but it seems like they leave some room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in May 2012.

Standard questions, but manager seemed to be a little confused about my professional experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!