Sephora

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Cast Member

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sephora in November 2013.

Interview Details – My situation was very different than normal Sephora interviews. My Sephora was hiring for seasonal and I missed the opportunity because their group interviews were always on the days I had school. I have a friend who works there, and she knew that I was really interested in Sephora. After Sephora had hired all their seasonals, apparently something happened where they only needed one more seasonal employee. My friend had apparently recommended me, and they already had my application on file. I got a call from the manager telling me that they had 1 position open, and that I had an interview if I wanted. I was extremely happy because Sephora was/is my dream job.
Like I said, they only needed one person, so luckily I was able to not have to do a group interview. But, I have heard that Sephora group interviews aren't too intimidating anyways. After the interview she told me she just had to call my references, and that she would be in touch. The next morning I got an email from Sephora saying that I got the job and telling me how to fill out all of the paperwork needed to start.
All the managers were so nice and helpful through out my interview and training process. Although I only worked with the store seasonally, I was extremely happy that I got the chance to do so. Sephora is a great company, and a company that I hope to work for again someday.

Interview Question – Many questions about customer service and my views on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I was told my pay through the Sephora portal. It was higher than I expected it to be so I felt no need to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Cast Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details – You are called for a phone interview. Then you go through three rounds of interviews with management. Final interview is with the store director and I guess this is the most important interview because S/he ultimately makes the final decision. Sephora is very focused on personality, so make sure you bring yourself to the interview. Sephora likes unique, different, and fun people.

Interview Question – If a client purchases a lot of products, and leaves the store and those items drop. When they come back should you replace those items?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for seasonal.

Seasonal Cast Member

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora in November 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received an email inviting me to a job fair at the store closest to me. There were about 20-25 candidates there that day. They took us in groups to the "backstage area" and asked 3 questions of each of us. The questions were:

1. Give an example of an experience where you received excellent customer service. What was it like?

2. Give an example of a time you had to delegate tasks to others to get a task completed. How did you handle it.

3. Give an example of a time you had to multitask to accomplish a task.

After that we were dismissed and told that we would hear from them either way. After a few days I received an email from the Store Director asking if I could come in for a second interview with her in a few days. It was about a week between interviews.
In the second interview she asked me about myself and where I see myself in the next 5 years. After asking these questions she basically offered me the job and told me I would receive an offer via email that I should accept. She then told me what days I would be training and ended the interview very pleasantly. It was a good experience.
It was another few days before I received the offer via email and was prompted to fill out a good amount of paperwork before the first day of training.

Interview Question – There wasn't any particularly hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She asked what I would like to make. I said around $10-11. She said she could do $10.50.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in November 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in and asked if they were still hiring for the holidays. I filled out an application and turned in that same day. I received a call for a group interview about 2 weeks later. When I went in for the interview, it ended up just being myself which I liked better. Interviewer asked standard questions about my background and experience. Overall a great and positive experience.

They said they would call me in 48 hours if they were able to successfully contact my references. I received a phone call a few days later with the offer and accepted.

Interview Question – Which stores visual display stands out to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate due to it being a seasonal job and already accepted the pay would be the standard minimum wage. And if it ended up being more, then it would have been a plus.

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!