Serco, Inc.

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.3

Cost Analyst II Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Serco, Inc..

The hiring Manager asked me about my self and that was it. I had to call him back several times to inquire about the position and when I started weeks later. I didn't even recognize me and was proud of it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was simple. Found out the contractor was just tryin to fill seats to get paid.   Answer Question
    Nothing, do you want the job?

Express Patrol Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Serco, Inc. in October 2014.

Applied online for Express Patrol Operator/Gatekeeper Position which is a new contract Serco has. Received phone call from recruiter about 2 weeks later asking me to come in for an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview was 1 on 1, went over the position in detail.

Was contacted later that evening to notify me that I was given the position and the next steps in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, set rates, decent for the job.

General Clerk III Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Serco, Inc. in October 2014.

Went to a Serco job fair today, which was a walk-in or recruiters called you by phone to schedule an interview. People were hired on the spot or declined an offer. The interview process took 10 minutes. They asked the standard interview questions how do you handle a situation if you cant understand the way someone speaks such as a foreigner. I had to wait in line outside for two hours because I got there at 9 and the job fair started at 8 a.m. So word of advice make sure you get there early before the fair starts.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worse thing about being in a group project?   Answer Question

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Serco, Inc. in June 2014.

I applied online and was contacted via e-mail from a HR representative about a week later. The salary for the position was disclosed in the e-mail. I was called a day later and asked to come in to speak with the hiring manager. I wound up sitting down with the hiring manager and who I assumed was his assistant. The job title was a bit misleading; I learned the position had to do primarily with handling benefits instead of any sort of guidance. After the interview, I was told that the job would pick up very quickly if I were the person hired. I would have to go to Washington D.C. for training two weeks from that time.

Interview Questions
    • Why would we refer a client of ours to speak with you over any of the other counselors?   Answer Question

General Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Serco, Inc. in April 2014.

If you were breathing, were legally able to work in the US, and could pass their background check you got a job offer. I saw kids walking into the room to interview (it was a mass hiring event) in torn clothing and piercings. I was slightly worried about the environment I was going to get hired into. The team supervisors conducted the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview questions were very direct and fairly simple. I got the run-of-the-mill, standard interview questions of "what's your greatest strength/weakness?" and a few other questions regarding my knowledge of office equipment and software.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it's a government contract.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Serco, Inc..

Standard phone interview (20-30mins) followed by a formal interview at the company's headquarters in Reston, VA

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, set hourly rate

ACAP Counselor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Serco, Inc..

Had to give a five minute presentation on resumes or interviewing for this interview. Then there was an actual sit down interview with typical questions. There were two people interviewing me but I could tell they were not experienced interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging situation at your last job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Had to be over the phone with someone in another country. They totally would not budge on their LOW salary.

General Clerk Interview

The interview was pleasant and relaxed. The HR staff were very helpful in providing information about the job. Paperwork was extensive including a thorough background check.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected question. You should be prepared to answer why you would be a good candidate for being selected.   Answer Question

ACAP Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Drum, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Drum, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Serco, Inc..

Submit application online, call for interview. Hope you know someone to get an interview. Very political jobs.

Interview Questions
    District manager calls you. After working here for years I can tell you that men always made much more. Women tended to take first offer and men negotiated higher.

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Serco, Inc. in October 2013.

The interview was actually a open interview, even though someone called me and set up a time.We were taken to a room with about 30 supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult. Just the usual interview questions. They ask that you bring your resume with you and they discuss it with you. I have a Bachelors Degree in Legal Studies and my interviewer tried to get me in a more advanced position, but they were already filled.   Answer Question
    They are contractors for the Government so there is only one set pay rate per title that they can give you. You are locked into that position (per contract) for 6 months and then you are able to apply for higher positions with higher pay.