Serco

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.5

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Serco.

Only one interview was conducted; interview was pretty straightforward. Two case questions were asked. One was a market sizing case, and the other was a strategy case. Apart from that, I was asked to read up about 2 dozens of reading material in half an hour, and then make a hand-written storyboard for a possible slide deck.

They offered me the salary I asked for.

Engineering Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Serco in January 2015.

Started with a phone interview, discusses qualifications and salary requirements. Was told, I am a strong fit for the position. Next discussed salary requirements, was told I am in the ball park. Go to the follow on interview and the interviewer's second question was would I be willing to take a pay cut of $6 an hour. That does not seem like it is in the ball park to me. After that I thanked the man for his time and informed him I do not think that we could come to an agreement and exited the interview. GIANT WASTE OF MY TIME. FIX YOUR SCREENING AND INTERVIEW PROCESS.

PAY

Transition Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Serco.

Hired online, interviewed with the CIM. Interview questions focused around my experience with the military community, my writing and communication sills, and my experience with resume writing. The interview was completed via video teleconference.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with people who are ambivalent, or handle stress when someone is not making an attempt to work with you.   Answer Question
    I was sent an offer letter from HR. There were no negotiations.

ACAP Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Serco in January 2014.

I was contacted for a phone interview approximately two weeks after applying online. Received more than two phone interviews that were not very structured or organized by individuals not completely familiar with the job description. When I asked about salary range all interviewers stated they were unable to answer that question. Lastly, I was told the hiring Manager would discuss it during the final interview. That last interview never occurred. I believe Serco attempts to recruit professionals but is unwilling to pay them accordingly.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Serco.

Phone Interview followed by inperson

Interview Questions
    • No very difficult. Was asked a lot of technical questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbellsville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbellsville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Serco in May 2010.

Interview was very basic and just asked normal questions gave me information about the company, the time and dates they were hiring for class, would I be interested in the position as long as I could pass a drug test and back ground test. Told me how long classes would be. Met with HR when finished interview he advised how much I would make too drug test and started in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • most unexpected question was how good are you in math and gave me a scenario with percentages   Answer Question
    the hours were negotiable

Customer Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Serco.

good interview process the people being assigned the job to hire people are well educated and they give a proper vision about the customer satisfaction process and give a proper department as per our abilities and qualifications.Hiring people do ask many questions about past experience and do ask us about the willingness to work in a particular department which they put in and it is differentfrom the department what the employee is looking forward to work in

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question for a beginner who has no knowledge about the work in customer service companys is.what is the meaning of customer satisfaction and what are the ways to achieve that   Answer Question
    it was good and the negotiations was healthy and easy

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Serco.

Tell About Yourself, Hobbies, Why do you want to join this organisation, Qualification, How many Languages you know, can you write all the languages, can you read in all languages

Documentalist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Serco.

I had a phone interview after the company contacted me via email. The recruiter was very nice and the questions were easy enough if you are prepared, asked my about my background, my motivations, and my knowledge about Serco and about the company I was supposed to work in.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to move to the country you are currently living. It wasn't difficult, but I didn't expected it at all.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Serco.

Geography :

GT : Ground Truth(Project Name)

10 states of US and corresponding cities, Time zones of US

10 Google products and their uses, History of Google

Longitudes, Latitudes, Altitudes, Prime meridian, Island, Peninsula, Tropic of Cancer and Capricorn.

Countries passing through equator, Above the equator and below the equator(At least 5 countries)

All the oceans, Sea’s, rivers and their unique attributes(Biggest and Smallest)

States & capitals of India, countries & capitals – 20(Familiar), Union territories of India

5 Countries from Middle east, Scandinavian countries, European, South American, North American, Asian Countries.

Redesign your profiles

Marking Places on ATLAS(Refer Worldatlas.co) / Locate north, east, south and west and the corresponding countries lying in the respective sides

5 – 10 states of Australia and cities

Basics of Mathematics, reasoning, Number Series and puzzles(www.indiabix.com)

Google Maps : Ex : Explanation of the places/lines/dots/water etc

Different views on Maps, Difference between Google Maps and Google earth.

Current Affairs : 5 National, 5 Local, 5 International

you can only accept the compensation given.