Service Corporation International Family Service Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Service Corporation International (West Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview? I was basically offered the job if I wanted it without any questions. I mentioned I had some sales experience and that was all it took. It seemed like they only wanted a warm body to fill the position.

Interview Questions

There is no real means of lead generation. It's DIY.

Other Interview Reviews for Service Corporation International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Service Corporation International (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

If you look presentable and speak well, they will hire you. You just have to show you can be comfortable with strangers and carry on a conversation. This is a sales job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. You are paid a $7.25 per hour draw against your commissions.

Family Service Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Service Corporation International in February 2014.

Interview

Very detailed process. It takes a long time....be sure to ask specifically about compensation. This is very misleading and by the time you are hired and pass your insurance exam, it is too late to do much about it.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you anticipate working each week?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. It is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Service Corporation International (Greeley, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

It was obvious that this location was desperate for anybody with a pulse. I spoke with location manager for about 15 minutes. It was the easiest interview I've ever had. I had the feeling that if I did not work out, then I would be in a long list of names.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can sell in this industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockledge, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Service Corporation International (Rockledge, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

It was exhausting having to listen to a jerk with an inflated ego who went on and on about his accomplishments, his family, and his past times. It was the strangest experience of my career. I had a total of 5 minutes to discuss my history and aspirations. I was offered the job at end of interview - I guess it was due to my tolerance.

Negotiation

All commission - no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ambler, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Service Corporation International (Ambler, PA).

Interview

I had two interviews with the sales manager and the regional sales manager. Both were professional and offered their own stories of how they climbed up the ranks. The truth is that if you are even remotely talented as a sales person, you will get the job. The hard part of the job is getting better as a sales professional and most importantly, setting appointments. You are dealing with death on a daily basis and are responsible for dealing with their families in the most professional of ways. So the job is more then sales, and this will get you hired and employed for at least a month. If after a month you don't show signs that you haven't learned how to sell death to those who believe they are immortal, then you are in trouble. Selling pre need cemetery property is unique because there is no reason they shouldn't plan ahead if they care at all about there family. Still, the job is extremely difficult and unless you adapt to the hard sell.. Ex: "Do you love your wife? Then get your checkbook!" And unless you are willing to call every person who ever had their number printed in a phonebook, you will not make the money they tell you. HOWEVER... If you can survive the first year, you have made it further then 95%of everyone else and you have a legit shot at becoming a sales manager as long as you have hit quota 50% of the time.

Interview Questions

• What do you tell a wife who doesn't have the money to bury her husband, even though the funeral is minutes away from occurring?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Confusing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Service Corporation International (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Group interviews are the norm. The host is looking for people to ask intelligent questions in a professional manner. If you have visible tattos or pink/blue hair... stay home! You will be drug tested. Wear a suit. If you are selected for a one on one interview, be lively and engaging and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think it will take to make it in sales.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You will not be able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Service Corporation International (Charlotte, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process I went through was ridiculous as I recall. Promises about income potential and training were completely false. The job described was never the reality of this job. I have never left a position so emotionally and spiritually and financially broken.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions centered around sales experience. Hints at integrity and honesty to make the job more appealing to those who value integrity and honesty. However, I realized there was a huge discrepancy in this area once employed by SCI.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Service Corporation International (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Very lengthy hiring process. Many interviews and background checks, drug tests, etc... Seemed disorganized. Left alone in interview room for long periods of time. Met with GM, Sales Manager. ASM and Family Service counselor during process.It was greatly helped that I already had a license to sell life insurance.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you think it takes to be successful in this line of work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for this position.

Family Service Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Service Corporation International in December 2009.

Interview

Met 4 people on 3 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for higher salary and got it.