Service Management Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2014
Updated Jul 2, 2014

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Service Management Group in January 2013.

There was a phone interview, IQ/personality testing, a phone screening, and an interview in the office. The office portion lasted a few hours and involved a presentation and two panel interviews. I met several people (though not the team I might be working with) and got a tour of the building.

Solution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Service Management Group in December 2011.

I applied via LinkedIn, as that is where most of their positions are listed, and contacted the recruiter. The recruiter setup a phone interview and scheduled an in-person interview the next week. In-person interview was very relaxed and the interviewers made me feel very comfortable, like I was already part of the company. I had one final phone interview the day after with the Director of the department, since she did not get to speak with me when I was in the office. I then received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a salad dressing, what type would you be and why?   Answer Question
    Negotiated a higher salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Service Management Group.

Fairly quick. Had to give a presentation as part of the interview. They group interview so you may or may not meet the hiring manager as part of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They group interview so you may or may not meet the hiring manager as part of the interview.   Answer Question
    They did not budget on the offer

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Service Management Group.

First I was contact by HR to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well and therefore I was asked to come in for a personal interview regarding the position. The interview went well, it was more of a relaxed conversation than interrogation.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was if my salary range was negotiable.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Service Management Group.

I was sending 2 or 3 emails for application and follow up, so that I got replied from the HR. She arranged one phone screen call 3 or 4 days after her emails.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Service Management Group.

First, I found the information at LinkedIn.
    Since then the whole process took about 6 weeks.
    After sending my resume and cover letter, the recruiter got back to me in a couple of weeks. After then, the process was quite fast.
    Below was the following set:
    -Phone Interview
    -Skill/IQ/Personality Test via computer
    -In-face interview (including presentation)
    -IQ/Personality Test on site

Project Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Service Management Group.

ARDUOUS! Benefits are not accurately portrayed.

Interview Questions
    • Executing the required presentation multiple times was unbelievably challenging.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Service Management Group in May 2010.

There are many steps in the process including an SPSS skills test, one hour presentation, personality-type assessment through a third party, and numerous interviews.

Project Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Service Management Group in January 2009.

You will have to do a personality/assessment test on the phone. Some of the questions are strange like "Are you addicted to perfection?" Don't think too much about answering correctly, just be honest.

You will have to do a ten-minute presentation in front of a group of about 8-10 people and then they will bring in a few shifts of people (groups of 4 or so) to ask you one-on-one questions about your job experience, etc. Be sure to have some questions prepared to ask them, and make sure you have done research on the company before the interview. They may ask you to come back at a later date to meet more team members.

As with all negotiations, start high because they will try to reduce it. I got the salary I wanted by doing this. If they want you badly enough, they will pay what you are asking. Keep in mind you will work much more than 40 hours per week at this job, so don't lowball yourself on salary.

Worked for Service Management Group? Contribute to the Community!