Service Master

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Interview

Tech
North Highlands, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Service Master in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1 Interview, asked if I had a driver's license and could drive bigger vehicles, if I have ever done restoration work before

Interview Question – zero difficult questions....   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Sequim, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Service Master in August 2011.

Interview Details – I responded to an ad listed in the Peninsula Daily News. The ad listed a phone number to call which I did and met with the manager the following morning. She gave me an application with a supplemental questionnaire to fill out on the spot. The questionnaire had for the most part non-work related questions, such as: What's your favorite movie and why? Who do you look up to the most in your life and why?
She looked it over and set a time for an interview the following day.
When I arrived, it was her and the owner of the company who was also a woman. The only question they asked was whether or not I could keep confidential information private. I asked for clarification and they stated as a front desk employee, I or whoever was hired, could not fraternize with the laborers/technicians. They gave me a "hypothetical" situation and sounded more like the reason the last front desk employee was fired. I, of course, answered yes, only to leave confused. There were no other questions.
I received a rejection letter in the mail a few days later.
Overall, I thought it was a rather odd interview. The manager seemed like a stern supervisor but the interview was too short for me to analyze the business owner's personality at all.

Interview Question – Can you keep confidential information private?   Answer Question

Cleaner Interview

Cleaner
Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Service Master in September 2012.

Interview Details – I got a call and phone interview and advanced to a scheduled interview and did well and got hired for 3 locations right away

Interview Question – availability   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Superintendent Interview

Superintendent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Service Master in July 2010.

Interview Details – discuss resume ,salary , told they I was what they wanted,

Interview Question – all questions were consiseto the job offer   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Service Master? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Service Master interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Service Master employees and interview candidates.