ServiceLink Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.0

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceLink.

Interview

One interview, very straight forward, simple questions, no situational, just talked about prior job experience. Made sure to ask questions about their daily routine, got more of a feel about what I would be doing on a day to day basis if hired.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceLink.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with a corporate recruiter followed by an in-person interview. Both interviewers were incredibly rude and unprofessional. First, the recruiter for the phone interview called nearly 15 minutes late for what she said would be a 15-20 minute call. She said, “sorry, we're just doing a lot of hiring so I'm real busy”. My first reaction (in my head) was “well, you're a recruiter so it seems like hiring is sort of your thing… so…” It also made me wonder if there is a lot of turnover and after the rest of my experience, I would guess that there is. She was really speedy, talked over me before I could even start to answer her questions (why bother asking if you don't care to hear the answer?), didn't want to know anything about me, didn't want to talk about my experience, and generally just made it seem like she was checking a box - putting warm bodies in positions to be burned through. Which she probably was, but she could have been less rude about it and pretended to listen, even just a little. The in-person interview was, by some miracle, infinitely worse. The interviewer left me waiting in the lobby for 28 minutes past our scheduled time. I know this precise number sounds silly, but I know the exact number of minutes because I was prepared to walk out at 30 minutes past...and I wish I had. The hiring manager was a joke -- she was completely unprofessional and I got the sense that in terms of her capabilities, I could have done circles around her. I know that sounds arrogant, and I am good at what I do, but that bar was really low. Also, the number of times she said either she or her team was "stretched thin" or "working all the time" was a real turn-off and as soon as she used the words "chaotic" and "frantic" to describe the work environment, I was out. In the end I asked if she had any concerns, she said no and that if anything she thought I was overqualified. I had to agree with her, but in fairness, I think a primate may have been overqualified to work there. If it was just the recruiter or just the hiring manager that was bad, that would be one thing, but these two different roles in two different functional areas of the organization were not just bad, but awful. This is indicative of a systemic issue in the organization, not just one person's bad personality. I'd say if you're absolutely desperate and just want/need a job, any job, then by all means apply -- at a certain point an income is an income, at least until you can find something better. However, if you're even remotely decent at what you do and can afford to hold out for something you deserve, then definitely don't bother as it will almost certainly be an incredible waste of your time.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions, no real technical questions (red flag #73), questions about my preferred work environment.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceLink (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview went alright but the rudeness I received from the recruiter was unmatched by any other company I have interviewed with yet. If she is any representation of what the organization is like, I feel bad for anyone who works there. Never heard back from the job and I am kinda happy about it. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• They were super ill prepared   1 Answer

Temp Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ServiceLink (Coraopolis, PA).

Interview

the interview was with a past supervisor -went very well- we talked about the temp position and what was needed to complete the job and how long it would take

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceLink.

Interview

Recruiter touch base, Interview with recruiter, interview with hiring manager, interview with other team members and 2nd tier reporting manager, review results and make any final clarifications to set up for negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A little informal and seemed like the recruiter/hiring manager had never done this before.

Quality Control Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceLink (Solon, OH).

Interview

Usually a phone interview with a recruiter and then one in-person interview that usually lasts about an hour. Every question is in the 'STAR' or behavioral format.. "What was a time when..? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard STAR interview questions. (situation/task/action/response)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but YOU SHOULD NEGOTIATE. Most of my coworkers did negotiate and got more as a result.

Closing Coordinator Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email response within a week. First interview was pretty standard. The questions were the typical, "Why do you think you'd be good for this position?" and "Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses." I received a phone call two weeks later to set up a second interview. I was offered the position at that meeting.

Account Specialist Interview

Interview

Must complete online application with corporate before being screened as a potential candidate. This is followed by a phone interview, then at least two face to face interviews. The process can be time consuming and if you are already employed then it is really difficult to obtain time off from your current employer on a short notice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past situation where you had to resolve conflict. How did you handle it? In looking back on it would you change how you handled the situation, and if so, how?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The offer was given, with a do you want it or not attitude.

Director Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceLink (Coraopolis, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Talent Acquisition (TA) leaves little to be desired. Contacted on 10/8 by the TA Manager (TAM) for an HR Director (HRD) position Scheduled an interview for 10/16 3:30 On 10/16 the TAM was a no show, no call, no cancel I followed up with both a call, left a voicemail, and an email by 3:40: ... Received no call back At 5:47 pm (almost 2.5 hours after the scheduled time) I received this response rom the TAM: "I spent this afternoon in unexpected planning meetings that required my attendance. Unfortunately due to some immediate business needs, I am not available to reschedule again until the week of the 28th"... On 10/24 I received a message from her recruiter--delegated to by the TAM and for an HRD position????--to conduct the interview on 11/4. What recruiters and not TAMs are screening for Director level positions????? so much for strategic engagement. I scheduled it that day, and on due to a weekend move and utility hookups Monday that got delayed requested an hour adjustment to the time. I sat with my phone at 2:18 pm and waited until 2:40 and never heard a word and had no contact phone within access. It was another no show according to my phone that showed no incoming calls after 1:31 till 6:24 that day . 2nd time is the charm. When I finally got back online and reconnected with email due to internet service provider issues at my new address I had received an email asking me to contact if I wished to reschedule and when I did, I later saw a automated rejected notice and when inquired got the following personalized message "ServiceLink has decided to move forward with other candidates that we currently have in process" So much for HR best practices. They just laid off 500 people anyways

Interview Questions

• Can't have any questions hard or easy with two interview no shows on the part of the employer.   Answer Question

Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ServiceLink (Plano, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

No interviewed the company merged with my previous employer, after being purchase. The selection of the personnel that will stay was made based on previous performance . The human resources person give a package to review and sign, No questions were received , only disclaimers and commitments with the company

Interview Questions

• no questions were received no interview .After merge half of the employees were laid off .   Answer Question