ServiceMaster Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.4

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ServiceMaster.

Interview

extremely drawn out. the process took approx 4 months. Often times a scheduled interview with a specific person would be held with another individual. Many were very scripted ans the exact same.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at ServiceMaster.

Interview

I was contact by email 3 different times over a 3 month period. Each time we would correspond back and forth and set up a date and time for a phone interview. ALL THREE TIMES I made time in my day for this interview and they never called. I would email and ask why and never for a response or an apology. Just simply set up another time when no one would call. I own a few small business myself and I would literally schedule my day around these interviews. Extremely frustration and unprofessional. If they are this disorganized for an interview, I can't image how it must be to work there. My "recruiter" for ServiceMasters/terminex was Robert Thomas.

Interview Questions

• "Can we call you at 3 pm tomorrow? Doesn't matter what you respond, because we aren't going to call you anyway."   Answer Question

Too unorganized.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ServiceMaster.

Interview

Interview with multiple staff members across different departments, not a bad idea. I was interviewed my different staff also within the department in which I was to be hired. I spent the most time of course with the hiring manager. The on-boarding process could you some help as well. It took a few weeks to obtain a laptop and network ID to be able to starting working. Formal orientation was done, this was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes it seemed that a few questions were asked for high grade position titles. Most questions were related to Industry standards.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was done, but there was room for some that I later found out.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward. Initial interview was basically panel, mostly technical which included the Director I would be reporting to. Second interview was more so personality/organizational fit with VP level. Whole process was fairly quick, from initial to offer roughly two weeks.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ServiceMaster.

Interview

Standard phone and in-person interviews. The problem is that what is promised is NOT what you get!!!

Office Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ServiceMaster.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Received link to complete assessment test. Which I did not take due to just taking a test for another position. Regional administrative manager contacted me for interview within 7 days. Interview questions were basic, interview last about 45 minutes. Generally you have to pass assessment test before interview. I took my test after first interview, passed. Had 2nd interview with the local General Manager (more of a greet and meet interview). Very laid back office environment. Once RAM offered me the position, I took drug test and waited on my background check to return. I was working within 3 weeks from applying to position.

Interview Questions

• There were actually no difficult or unexpected questions asked. The questions asked were the typical interview questions for an office manager type position.   Answer Question

Workforce Management Real Time Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied one day and got a call the next day: impromptu phone interview. About 3 weeks later I got called to do an online MS Excel assessment. Completed that night and then 6 days later got called for a 1:1 interview with the manager. The office was hot and I was sweating and unfocused. She had a 3-4 page questionnaire! Very probing and detailed. That was 10 days ago. Still no word. I'm sure I bombed though.

Interview Questions

• How many days would you say are acceptable to miss from work within a year?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was about an hour long and consisted of nonstop questions related to personal characteristics. It was a pretty standard interview, and in the end, the interviewer said that there would be a second round of interviews. She was very professional, and even replied back to the thank you note I sent to her afterward. However, looking back at it, I probably would not have taken the internship had I been accepted. As everyone can see, there are so many negative reviews about management and company culture that it is almost undeniable to see the truth without taking a job there. Wish that I could offer more details, but this is as far as I can get with this.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project you have taken recently and how did you navigate yourself through this project?   Answer Question

Restoration Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ServiceMaster (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

first was the phone interview. Second was an interview with mid-level management. Third was an interview with upper management. Fourth was personality testing, and computer testing. Fifth was taking a physical.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in August 2010.

Interview

Submit resume to online website. Resume is reviewed by HR person in charge of the area and an initial call is conducted. If the call goes well, the hiring manager is contacted to review your resume and set up another call or onsite interview depending on the situation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are flexible during negotiation...it depends on the job level.