ServiceSource Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ServiceSource in July 2013.

One quick phone interview followed by a one and a half hour interview with three separate sales managers. Managers asked typical behavioral interview questions. Dress code was business casual, and the interviewers were very laid back.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time in your last job where you made an unpopular decision, and how did you implement it.   Answer Question
very little room for negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for ServiceSource

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource.

Basic interview questions...tell me about a time, strength/weakness, long term goals, etc

Salary not negotiable

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource in March 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter. They asked me to apply through their website. Then I had a 30 minute phone interview. Then they asked me to send out email references to 4 people (including one manager) before my actual interview.

The interview was... somewhat annoying. It took 2 1/2 hours - met with five different people. One of them dropped several f-bombs during the interview. Interview questions were pretty typical - what motivates you, what's your favorite thing about your current job, etc.

Finally, in the email I'd received confirming the interview, they said to park in the garage at 1735 Stout, right across from the building, and that they would validate your parking. However, at the end of the interview, I asked to have my parking validated and the interviewer told me, "No, I don't think we do that." To me, this demonstrated either a lack of communication in the company, or a certain disingenuousness. If that's how they treat prospective employees, I didn't want to find out how they treat actual employees.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when, despite your best efforts, you failed.   Answer Question

Aside from my negative interview experience, it didn't seem like a culture that I fit in with. Also the pay was substantially less than I'm making at my current job. Why would they recruit me from a different city, then offer substantially less money?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at ServiceSource in October 2009.

Very short interview process with little done for background check and references. Met with two individuals both of which stated that I would be hired immediately. I had a preliminary phone screen, and then was hired the day I went in for interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ServiceSource.

Simple process and has gotten more extensive. The questions are centered around scoring you from a company-candidate matching perspective however the hiring manager always has subjective input.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are scenario based and ask you to pull out lots of information from your experiences.   Answer Question
    N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ServiceSource in July 2012.

1. Received pre-screen call from Internal Recruiter
    2. Called in for interview with 4 Team Leads/Senior Reps
    -This was an interesting process, the questions were good, but the variety in people that interviewed me was so sporadic that I left more confused than anything. Also my direct Account Manager did not feel the need to personally interview me
    3. Phone interview with account manager
    4. Call from recruiter with job offer

Interview Questions
    None, although you should be able to negotiate salary, SSI does not allow this...meaning no matter how much experience you have (1 year or 20 years) you will only get 28K

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Contacted, Phone interview, in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about, past employment, all behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ServiceSource in February 2012.

Initial Phone Interview, Live interview reminded me of speed dating. 5+ managers and Team Leads come in one after another and spend 3-5 minutes asking basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating is offered for salary

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ServiceSource.

I was supposed to be interviewed by my future team leader, manager and a person from HR, but after half an hour waiting I was interviewed by my future team leader only.
    It was very straight forward, he asked about my previous experiences and was interested in my attitude and habit the most. The whole interview was kinda go-as-you-please.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. I wasn't asked any unexpected.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as the following day after the interview I got my contract that indicated my annual salary which I accepted.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ServiceSource.

Heavy on the agency recruitment process, which creates some confusion and lack of clarity of expectations up front. Initial telephone interview with team lead and/or one senior representative who speaks in your language group. Offer made within 2 working days of telephone interview. Depending on which side of the business, some candidates will also meet with the account manager.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions, all target-driven (achievements, experiences, how they relate to renewals, experience working with teams, conflict resolution)   Answer Question
    Ensure you stress your language capabilities, especially if you're an Eastern European-speaking candidate. There's a shortage of such, hence a likely higher premium salary.

Worked for ServiceSource? Contribute to the Community!