ServiceSource

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ServiceSource in July 2013.

Interview Details – One quick phone interview followed by a one and a half hour interview with three separate sales managers. Managers asked typical behavioral interview questions. Dress code was business casual, and the interviewers were very laid back.

Interview Question – Describe a time in your last job where you made an unpopular decision, and how did you implement it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little room for negotiation

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource.

Interview Details – Basic interview questions...tell me about a time, strength/weakness, long term goals, etc

Interview Question – Don't remember anything in particular that stood out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary not negotiable

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. They asked me to apply through their website. Then I had a 30 minute phone interview. Then they asked me to send out email references to 4 people (including one manager) before my actual interview.

The interview was... somewhat annoying. It took 2 1/2 hours - met with five different people. One of them dropped several f-bombs during the interview. Interview questions were pretty typical - what motivates you, what's your favorite thing about your current job, etc.

Finally, in the email I'd received confirming the interview, they said to park in the garage at 1735 Stout, right across from the building, and that they would validate your parking. However, at the end of the interview, I asked to have my parking validated and the interviewer told me, "No, I don't think we do that." To me, this demonstrated either a lack of communication in the company, or a certain disingenuousness. If that's how they treat prospective employees, I didn't want to find out how they treat actual employees.

Interview Question – Describe a time when, despite your best efforts, you failed.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Aside from my negative interview experience, it didn't seem like a culture that I fit in with. Also the pay was substantially less than I'm making at my current job. Why would they recruit me from a different city, then offer substantially less money?

San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at ServiceSource in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very short interview process with little done for background check and references. Met with two individuals both of which stated that I would be hired immediately. I had a preliminary phone screen, and then was hired the day I went in for interviews.

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ServiceSource.

Interview Details – Simple process and has gotten more extensive. The questions are centered around scoring you from a company-candidate matching perspective however the hiring manager always has subjective input.

Interview Question – Questions are scenario based and ask you to pull out lots of information from your experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/a

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ServiceSource in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Received pre-screen call from Internal Recruiter
2. Called in for interview with 4 Team Leads/Senior Reps
-This was an interesting process, the questions were good, but the variety in people that interviewed me was so sporadic that I left more confused than anything. Also my direct Account Manager did not feel the need to personally interview me
3. Phone interview with account manager
4. Call from recruiter with job offer

Interview Question – If you were an animal, what would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, although you should be able to negotiate salary, SSI does not allow this...meaning no matter how much experience you have (1 year or 20 years) you will only get 28K

Interview Details – Contacted, Phone interview, in person interview

Interview Question – Asked questions about, past employment, all behavioral.   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ServiceSource in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Interview, Live interview reminded me of speed dating. 5+ managers and Team Leads come in one after another and spend 3-5 minutes asking basic interview questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating is offered for salary

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ServiceSource.

Interview Details – Heavy on the agency recruitment process, which creates some confusion and lack of clarity of expectations up front. Initial telephone interview with team lead and/or one senior representative who speaks in your language group. Offer made within 2 working days of telephone interview. Depending on which side of the business, some candidates will also meet with the account manager.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions, all target-driven (achievements, experiences, how they relate to renewals, experience working with teams, conflict resolution)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ensure you stress your language capabilities, especially if you're an Eastern European-speaking candidate. There's a shortage of such, hence a likely higher premium salary.

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource in April 2009.

Interview Details – Quick and informal. No background check

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ServiceSource? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ServiceSource Inside Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by ServiceSource employees and interview candidates.