ServiceSource

29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engagement Director, Global Professional Services Interview

Engagement Director, Global Professional Services

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at ServiceSource in February 2014.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview with a VP was in early December, with a follow-on phone screen before Christmas.
A full interview cycle with several executives and peers came in mid - January. The five 45-minute interviews were back to back and covered standard interview questions about my background with little time reserved to ask your own. Be assertive, it's appreciated.
After a few days I got information to prepare a presentation. The review and decision to move forward tool over two weeks, even the recruiter was getting frustrated.
Early February I got requests for references. It took three weeks to call some of them, and not all of them were called.
Things sped up once I talked to the President, who wanted to know good and bad things about the process thus far. I mentioned the uncharacteristic long and sequential process. I passed the final hurdle talking to a customer, and received a verbal offer in the middle of the salary range.
I also found out that several executives are in the process of leaving or "being left", and heard from my connections about the many tensions in the company.

Interview Question – From the President: Tell me something good and something not so good about what you learned so far.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – There is the "old" ServiceSource, and the new team that is struggling to gain traction. The leadership team is being "recycled" and no leader with the experience to pull this off is in sight. This and the tensions between the old and new ServiceSource make this too high of a risk.

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ServiceSource in July 2013.

Interview Details – One quick phone interview followed by a one and a half hour interview with three separate sales managers. Managers asked typical behavioral interview questions. Dress code was business casual, and the interviewers were very laid back.

Interview Question – Describe a time in your last job where you made an unpopular decision, and how did you implement it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little room for negotiation

Software Developer New Grad Interview

Software Developer New Grad
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource in December 2013.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at a carrer fair
Had a initial phone interview with a Software Architect nothing much it was just a resume scan and some light technical questions.Then had 5 rounds of onsite interviews.Topics from DB,Algorithms,Java technical stuff were asked .....VP interview was more character oriented like what motivates you etc.....got a mail from the recruiter the next day saying that the team really liked you ....and they needed some time to finalize......got a mail after 20 days saying that they could not find a open position for me as they had no current openings....confused

Interview Question – given a tic tac toe game ...how will you save the state of the game?   Answer Question

Operations Services Specialist Interview

Operations Services Specialist
Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ServiceSource in January 2013.

Interview Details – ServiceSource uses a temp to hire agency to find employees for the operations services positions. You get a call or email from the agency. They then set up an interview to see if they would like to recommend you to ServiceSource. If they agree, then someone from HR at Servicesource calls and sets up a face to face interview. Interviews run anywhere from 45-90 minutes and typically involve talking to more than one person. They provided me with behavioral tips and a job description prior to the interview.

Interview Question – There were not any questions that were just too hard to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation. Pretty standard offer to entry level position.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Sales Support Coordinator Interview

Senior Sales Support Coordinator
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by three separate people. My boss, another manager, and the guy in charge of recruitment. It was your standard interview, they asked about my achievements, background, and personality. Since they were all very young it was not a very intimidating interview. I would say it was one of the most standard interviews. If you are capable of sounding like you can talk to people and that you are competent you should have no problem getting hired.

Interview Question – What motivates you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. The pay here is set for each job and is essentially non-negotiable.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ServiceSource.

Interview Details – Meet with 3 managers. Interview is below.

*Interview questions focus on the following:

1. Actions- How did you approach it? How did you do it? Give specific action steps

2. Thinking - Explain your thinking. Why you selected that approach. Why did you choose to do it that way?

3. Outcome- What was the result? What was the impact?

4. Learnings- What did you take away from that experience? Focus on your set of principles or rules of thumbs

5. Application- Describe a time when you used those lessons in a different situation

*They look for:

Compete to win- Committed to results, customer focused, composure (frustration tolerance), persitence and resilience

Focus and Execute- Problem solving, planning/organizing, discipline, verbal/written communication, decision making, technical aptitude

Contribute to a high performing team- Win as a Team, build collaboration, listening, build relationships

*Questions are behaviorial and include a describing a time when:

1. Results far exceeded your expectations

2. You had to give up and move on

3. You had to deal with an angry customer and how did you turn them around

4. Did something extra for a customer or someone you supported

5. When not listening effectively got you in trouble

6. When your listening skills helped you succeed

7. When the actions you took were resisted or blocked

8. About something you take pride in that took a long time to do. What obstacles did you encounter?

9. Faced a problem that had to be resolved and you werent sure how to approach it

10. You selected a solution that worked in the past but didnt work this time.

11. You were given a project you'd never done before

12. You were setting goals and needed to plan for uncertainties or problems

13. You had to organize or structure your thoughts and put them in writing

14. You had to communicate the same info to different audiences and had to vary your style for each

15. A team expereience when the members didnt work well together. What did you do

16. You led a team of people from another area or work funtion. Who were they? How many? What was the project or deliverable the team was tasked with?

17. Situation when effective communication was essential

18. You had to follow up to determine if complex communication was understood

19. Had to work with a person or people you didnt like. How did it fix or improve your relationship?

Now if a question sounds like a trap, it is. Obviously don't highlight your weaknesses. Any weakness that you have, just spin them back into a strength. Say for question 2, you fought tooth and nail for this deal for 2 months before you realized it was costing you more time than the results were worth. You don’t want to make it sound like you just gave up easily.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource.

Interview Details – Basic interview questions...tell me about a time, strength/weakness, long term goals, etc

Interview Question – Don't remember anything in particular that stood out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary not negotiable

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very good. Very responsibe recruiting team and very willing to provide good details. Office atmosphere was very trendy and comfortable. Interview questions were very detailed.

Interview Question – What do you believe in?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was a little low.

Denver, CO

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. They asked me to apply through their website. Then I had a 30 minute phone interview. Then they asked me to send out email references to 4 people (including one manager) before my actual interview.

The interview was... somewhat annoying. It took 2 1/2 hours - met with five different people. One of them dropped several f-bombs during the interview. Interview questions were pretty typical - what motivates you, what's your favorite thing about your current job, etc.

Finally, in the email I'd received confirming the interview, they said to park in the garage at 1735 Stout, right across from the building, and that they would validate your parking. However, at the end of the interview, I asked to have my parking validated and the interviewer told me, "No, I don't think we do that." To me, this demonstrated either a lack of communication in the company, or a certain disingenuousness. If that's how they treat prospective employees, I didn't want to find out how they treat actual employees.

Interview Question – Describe a time when, despite your best efforts, you failed.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Aside from my negative interview experience, it didn't seem like a culture that I fit in with. Also the pay was substantially less than I'm making at my current job. Why would they recruit me from a different city, then offer substantially less money?

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at ServiceSource in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very short interview process with little done for background check and references. Met with two individuals both of which stated that I would be hired immediately. I had a preliminary phone screen, and then was hired the day I went in for interviews.

Worked for ServiceSource? Contribute to the Community!