ServiceSource Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.5

Engagement Director, Global Professional Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ServiceSource in February 2014.

The initial phone interview with a VP was in early December, with a follow-on phone screen before Christmas.
    A full interview cycle with several executives and peers came in mid - January. The five 45-minute interviews were back to back and covered standard interview questions about my background with little time reserved to ask your own. Be assertive, it's appreciated.
    After a few days I got information to prepare a presentation. The review and decision to move forward tool over two weeks, even the recruiter was getting frustrated.
    Early February I got requests for references. It took three weeks to call some of them, and not all of them were called.
    Things sped up once I talked to the President, who wanted to know good and bad things about the process thus far. I mentioned the uncharacteristic long and sequential process. I passed the final hurdle talking to a customer, and received a verbal offer in the middle of the salary range.
    I also found out that several executives are in the process of leaving or "being left", and heard from my connections about the many tensions in the company.

Interview Questions
    • From the President: Tell me something good and something not so good about what you learned so far.   View Answer

There is the "old" ServiceSource, and the new team that is struggling to gain traction. The leadership team is being "recycled" and no leader with the experience to pull this off is in sight. This and the tensions between the old and new ServiceSource make this too high of a risk.

Customer Ride Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online – interviewed at ServiceSource in January 2014.

The hiring and interview process was easy an fast. They just ask for my availability and I took my drug test the following day. I got the job on the spot.

Software Developer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ServiceSource in December 2013.

Met the recruiter at a carrer fair
    Had a initial phone interview with a Software Architect nothing much it was just a resume scan and some light technical questions.Then had 5 rounds of onsite interviews.Topics from DB,Algorithms,Java technical stuff were asked .....VP interview was more character oriented like what motivates you etc.....got a mail from the recruiter the next day saying that the team really liked you ....and they needed some time to finalize......got a mail after 20 days saying that they could not find a open position for me as they had no current openings....confused

Interview Questions
    • given a tic tac toe game ...how will you save the state of the game?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ServiceSource in July 2013.

One quick phone interview followed by a one and a half hour interview with three separate sales managers. Managers asked typical behavioral interview questions. Dress code was business casual, and the interviewers were very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your last job where you made an unpopular decision, and how did you implement it.   Answer Question
    very little room for negotiation

Senior Sales Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ServiceSource.

I was interviewed by three separate people. My boss, another manager, and the guy in charge of recruitment. It was your standard interview, they asked about my achievements, background, and personality. Since they were all very young it was not a very intimidating interview. I would say it was one of the most standard interviews. If you are capable of sounding like you can talk to people and that you are competent you should have no problem getting hired.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. The pay here is set for each job and is essentially non-negotiable.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ServiceSource.

Meet with 3 managers. Interview is below.

*Interview questions focus on the following:

1. Actions- How did you approach it? How did you do it? Give specific action steps

2. Thinking - Explain your thinking. Why you selected that approach. Why did you choose to do it that way?

3. Outcome- What was the result? What was the impact?

4. Learnings- What did you take away from that experience? Focus on your set of principles or rules of thumbs

5. Application- Describe a time when you used those lessons in a different situation

*They look for:

Compete to win- Committed to results, customer focused, composure (frustration tolerance), persitence and resilience

Focus and Execute- Problem solving, planning/organizing, discipline, verbal/written communication, decision making, technical aptitude

Contribute to a high performing team- Win as a Team, build collaboration, listening, build relationships

*Questions are behaviorial and include a describing a time when:

1. Results far exceeded your expectations

2. You had to give up and move on

3. You had to deal with an angry customer and how did you turn them around

4. Did something extra for a customer or someone you supported

5. When not listening effectively got you in trouble

6. When your listening skills helped you succeed

7. When the actions you took were resisted or blocked

8. About something you take pride in that took a long time to do. What obstacles did you encounter?

9. Faced a problem that had to be resolved and you werent sure how to approach it

10. You selected a solution that worked in the past but didnt work this time.

11. You were given a project you'd never done before

12. You were setting goals and needed to plan for uncertainties or problems

13. You had to organize or structure your thoughts and put them in writing

14. You had to communicate the same info to different audiences and had to vary your style for each

15. A team expereience when the members didnt work well together. What did you do

16. You led a team of people from another area or work funtion. Who were they? How many? What was the project or deliverable the team was tasked with?

17. Situation when effective communication was essential

18. You had to follow up to determine if complex communication was understood

19. Had to work with a person or people you didnt like. How did it fix or improve your relationship?

Now if a question sounds like a trap, it is. Obviously don't highlight your weaknesses. Any weakness that you have, just spin them back into a strength. Say for question 2, you fought tooth and nail for this deal for 2 months before you realized it was costing you more time than the results were worth. You don’t want to make it sound like you just gave up easily.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ServiceSource.

Basic interview questions...tell me about a time, strength/weakness, long term goals, etc

Salary not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ServiceSource.

Simple process and has gotten more extensive. The questions are centered around scoring you from a company-candidate matching perspective however the hiring manager always has subjective input.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are scenario based and ask you to pull out lots of information from your experiences.   Answer Question
    N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ServiceSource in March 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter. They asked me to apply through their website. Then I had a 30 minute phone interview. Then they asked me to send out email references to 4 people (including one manager) before my actual interview.

The interview was... somewhat annoying. It took 2 1/2 hours - met with five different people. One of them dropped several f-bombs during the interview. Interview questions were pretty typical - what motivates you, what's your favorite thing about your current job, etc.

Finally, in the email I'd received confirming the interview, they said to park in the garage at 1735 Stout, right across from the building, and that they would validate your parking. However, at the end of the interview, I asked to have my parking validated and the interviewer told me, "No, I don't think we do that." To me, this demonstrated either a lack of communication in the company, or a certain disingenuousness. If that's how they treat prospective employees, I didn't want to find out how they treat actual employees.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when, despite your best efforts, you failed.   Answer Question

Aside from my negative interview experience, it didn't seem like a culture that I fit in with. Also the pay was substantially less than I'm making at my current job. Why would they recruit me from a different city, then offer substantially less money?

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The interview process was very good. Very responsibe recruiting team and very willing to provide good details. Office atmosphere was very trendy and comfortable. Interview questions were very detailed.

Interview Questions

The pay was a little low.