ServiceSource

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer New Grad Interview

Software Developer New Grad
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource in December 2013.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at a carrer fair
Had a initial phone interview with a Software Architect nothing much it was just a resume scan and some light technical questions.Then had 5 rounds of onsite interviews.Topics from DB,Algorithms,Java technical stuff were asked .....VP interview was more character oriented like what motivates you etc.....got a mail from the recruiter the next day saying that the team really liked you ....and they needed some time to finalize......got a mail after 20 days saying that they could not find a open position for me as they had no current openings....confused

Interview Question – given a tic tac toe game ...how will you save the state of the game?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at ServiceSource in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very short interview process with little done for background check and references. Met with two individuals both of which stated that I would be hired immediately. I had a preliminary phone screen, and then was hired the day I went in for interviews.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ServiceSource in August 2012.

Interview Details – Lengthy and time consuming process to find the right candidate (up to 2 months). Unfortunately they have you speak (phone interview) with so many people it's difficult to determine what they really want in a candidate. Coaching by internal company recruiter is very good. It's logical, but when it finally comes down to the onsite panel interview and case presentation - all bets are off.

ADVISE: Insist on a face to face meeting with the person you will be reporting to as SSI. Do this before you get pulled into their case prep and presentation process. Insist they spend the time to get to know you first - and you them. I know this sounds corny, but I found out the day I arrived for my case presentation and interview - I didn't want to work for these people. They have have big egos, and you'll need to manage this.

You many not to work for a bunch of ex-Oracle execs.

Interview Question – During onsite panel case presentation, close with this...

ServiceSource can recapture/earn you $XXm dollars, I can prove it!. Let me get started on the SPA today. If I can't get you the $XXm, then you don't pay me.
  Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource in June 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter schedules first phone interview, then are invited to in person 1:1 interviews back to back. If consensus, invited to participate in case study / presentation - which consists of "discovery" call in preparation for in person presentation. Evaluation criteria includes style, professionalism and analytical delivery. Recommend insuring adequate time between call and presentation - minimum of 5 days - in order to absorb, prepare before delivering. There was pressure to speed the process up, which I agreed to and ultimately wasn't in my best interest because of the time spent with no offer. Good luck!

Interview Question – Deliver presentation based on hypothetical company information provided, including value messaging of ServiceSource.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ServiceSource in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Hiring by consensus at ServiceSource so you meet with many many people. Hiring based on a combination of can you do the job and are you a fit culturally. Know that all the questions you think might be asked will be asked if you make it to the later rounds and meet management.

Interview Question – Pretend I'm a customer, how would you speak to me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes able to negotiate. Negotiation was fast, 1-2 days and it was complete.

Worked for ServiceSource? Contribute to the Community!