Servier Interview Questions in United Kingdom

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Servier

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Servier.

(This was in 2005) Was offered an interview for an In-House Recruiter based in Wexham Park, Slough through an agent who had found my details online. I never met the recruiter - which was probably key to the outcome.

The role sounded fantastic – a progressive company who think it is important that each new recruit understand the Servier way, so much so that they would send you to Paris for 3 months to learn French and be inducted to the company!

I met a Senior Director in HR who was professional, personable and very old-school. He asked me to bring a handwritten letter with me to the interview, which I handed to him on arrival. The first 10 minutes of our meeting was spent analysing my hand writing - noting all the slants, squiggles and layout, then telling me what they demonstrated about my personality. He told me that this was standard practice and that he would send my letter off to a professional graphologist if my application was taken further. His main findings from my immaculately written letter (my 3rd attempt to make it look perfect) were that I was “into my appearance” and “cared what people thought too much”… having listened for several minutes, I was both amused and a little irked by what he was saying, so quipped that this would probably apply to anyone in their 20s who had turned up in a nice suit to an interview, and that he didn’t really need to look at my handwriting to gather that!

He was interested in my experience and skills and surprised that I had done so much in my recent role recruiting for the NHS. However, he later told me that the candidates I would have to deal with were senior and “older” and he wasn’t sure that they would take me seriously. He actually said that he was surprised that the recruiter had arranged this meeting, as he wasn’t really looking for such a young candidate! I should say that this was before the age discrimination laws came in – so he was perfectly within his rights to screen me out based on age… even if it was annoying to hear it!

I was sad not to get the role, despite the quirky interview, as the HR Director seemed to really know his stuff and ran an impressive department, plus the company and the role sounded amazing.

Interview Questions

Worked for Servier? Contribute to the Community!