Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sesame Communications
- Software Engineer (1)
- Interactive Project Manager (1)
- Web Producer (1)
- Territory Manager (1)
- Management Position (1)
- Web Design Coordinator (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.
I came in during an obvious shift. New VP.. new product. It took longer to get everything organized. There was a clear divide. I feel good about it now after a year. The intro was harder then.
- It was very casual. Easy conversation. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.
While I waited in the lobby area, everyone that passed through said hello and were genuine and warm. The interviewers were very open and well coordinated, so I wasn't answering the same question over and over again. They all described the company, role and culture consistently - a good sign! They also were all super positive about the future direction of the company; answering my questions about business plans pretty much the same - also a good sign there is communication about co-wide strategy. I met with a variety of people the role would interact with and it was clear they wanted to give me a good sense of the organization, and to allow others to weigh in on my skills, etc. I was impressed with the talent they have working there, and the overall feel was family-like. The location was cool too.
- They asked what I would do in the first 60 days of being on the job. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.
I submitted my resume directly to HR my friend worked for the company at the time. They also select candidates from staffing firms along with craigslist post. I then did a 1 hour phone interview with the design manager. After that I waited a week and was invited to a group interview. It was the design manager, the department manager, and one person who did the same role I was interviewing for.
- Nothing, just a generic set of questions. You must stress to them you are design or tech savvy. I rattled off some cool blogs I followed and my resume design was impressive. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.
They seemed really fun and upbeat during the phone conversations. I was really hopeful. But, I definitely think they were looking for someone under 40 and I did not have a chance. I felt rather disrespected, It was like being interviewed by your kids mean teenage friends ... with eye rolls and giggling between the kids. I guess they provide on the job training for many young people but it was very uncomfortable for me I felt I was rejected and almost openly mocked based on my age.
- What do you do when a designer gets off track. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.
I had a personal connection and got an in-person interview.There were three people, all at once. The interview itself lasted about 45 minutes. And although it went well, I had a feeling they were looking for someone right out of school as I didn't see anyone over 30 in the office on that day. I was very prepared but the entire time I was there it felt rushed. Perhaps we all knew I wasn't the right candidate for the postition. The type of work they do wasn't interesting to me and ultimately It wasn't a good fit for either of us.
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
interviewed at Sesame Communications (Calicut, Kerala (India)) in May 2013.
walkin interview held at kerala
- how much salary do you expect..? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review