Sesame Workshop

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Sesame Workshop in November 2014.

I had two interviews on two seperate days - One with the HR Assistant and one with the HR Senior Generalist. It was very informal and felt more like an informative conversation than an "interview" where I would have just had to answer questions. I got to know a lot about my future supervisor and what it would be like working there, which helped me determine if the internship would be the right fit for me instead of just the other way around.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to meet the CEO of the company today, what would you say to him?   Answer Question

Creative Director of Character Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sesame Workshop.

Sesame Workshop was looking for a new character designer; someone who could actually draw as well as design and who understood the Sesame Street Muppets well enough to communicate the curriculum initiatives and had a basic understanding od licensing art. Because they were open to my other gifts and talents I offered to contribnute to or taake over certain projects that allowed me to show what else I had to offer beyond my job description. THis continued to get me promoted, fist Chief Character Designer then Assoc Design Director of Special Projects and then Creative Director of Character Design.

Interview Questions
    • Can you use your rare ability to draw and create art to make a gift portrait for the Vice president of the United State and his wife?   View Answer
    Very short and simple. They presented me with the jjob description and asked me what I wanted in terms of salry. I told them and they asked why I doubled what I was making at the job I had at the time. I said I am worth that salary and could provide far more than the job description presentrd.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sesame Workshop in January 2014.

Emailed for an interview a few months after applying on their website; interviewed by two people; fairly casual - asked about experiences and why i was applying to this position (no unexpected questions)

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in interning at Sesame Workshop?   View Answer
    Received offer two weeks after the interview

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sesame Workshop.

Had been an intern first, set up a meeting with HR before college graduation, met with HR to discuss opportunities, heard of an opportunity through a co-worker, went to interview with the executive I would be assisting, was told at the interview I was hired and to start Monday (it was Friday!), had to find an apartment in NYC over the weekend- but made it happen :)

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember having to answer specific interview questions other than with HR- when I met with my future department it was more of a conversation about my background and experience with the company   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase - number was made clear before I received the offer

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sesame Workshop.

Applied for summer internship with Sesame Workshop online. Received an email later that week offering a phone interview.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sesame Workshop.

Nothing unexpected,regular questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sesame Workshop.

Interviewed with current position holder than two executives then I was hired.

There was none, I accepted immediately

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sesame Workshop.

I was called and asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with HR, then with the head of the department. I was then offered the job.

Marketing Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sesame Workshop in April 2012.

Was sent to the company by a placement company for the interview. Waited for over an hour for the interview without any explanation during the wait to myself or security, to the point security was beginning to question whether I was supposed to be there. Very nerve-wracking.

Basic questions, shown samples of their current projects and asked what I could bring to the company. Gave detailed samples of my work. At the end I was told they were at the beginning of the interview process and would not being making decision for a month.

After 2 weeks, was told by the placement person that they felt I was over qualified, but wanted additional samples of my work. Sadly, 2 weeks after that, was told I was outstanding by not a good fit.

From what I could see, a very diverse casually dressed workforce, newly remodeled offices in a beautiful New York neighborhood.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sesame Workshop in January 2012.

Straightforward interview based on resume