Set and Service Resources

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Merchandiser Interview

Field Merchandiser
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Set and Service Resources in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process took 2 days and went smoothly and efficiently. Being that it is a third party recruiter it doesn't surprise me that I've not met many SASR employees other than coworkers (merchandisers) on the job and 1 Lead brought in from out of town. As for the payroll process, a bit tedious and confusing for me at first but I can honestly say that any delays in my being paid "on time" were not anybody's fault but my own. Once I buckled down and completed online time sheets as well as emailed my scanned copies to payroll, the rest went smoothly and has continued to do so since. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE NEW HIRE PAPERWORK AND I-9 (E SIGNED) IF YOU EXPECT TO BE PAID IN A TIMELY MANNER OR AS IN MY CASE, REMAIN ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR AND BE ASSIGNED TO JOBS. .

Negotiation Details – I only negotiate when travel is involved. So far that process is as fair as one could expect, seeing as we can write off the remainder mileage at tax time.

Dallas, TX

Interview Details – Minimal hiring process completed completely over the phone and on-line

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Set and Service Resources in August 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting all paperwork on the proper website portal, you may receive a phone call from a scheduler in your region. It is important for them to hear how positive you are in discussing any prior interactions you may have had with retail personnel, whether it be in sales or ordering, or possibly stocking shelves, or even if you've only done customer service in non-retail areas. If your area needs merchandising personnel the scheduler will send you an email with link to gain access to the employee area of the website, with a login and password you choose. You may then peruse the entire job board for your area or USA. If travel is required you may be reimbursed $5.00 for gas if traveling over 30 miles one-way, and $10 if traveling over 60 miles. Some positions will have you working with a team, and others are by yourself. Please do not take the position as Team Lead until you've worked at least a year in several types of settings and have all the tools. Don't expect to get help from the schedulers in a timely fashion if you find you need more instruction to complete a job. Being courteous to the store personnel and quick with questions as early into the job as possible will save you the critical minutes that are whizzing by too quickly. These jobs are time-sensitive because your company will not be awarded contracts for you to work in future if you take too long on a job. Go into a store and ask other contractors about their work in order to gain tips if you have no merchandising experience. However, your interviewer will likely sound as if he is completely happy to have you join the company even with no experience, especially during the spring-time months when we get the most contracts. Be willing to work odd hours to get any work at all, with little time for breaks (or none on occasion) and no time sitting except for lunch.

Interview Question – Whether you read blue-prints may be asked. Whether you can travel with a team to jobs several miles away for one-to-two week jobs staying over night in hotels - may be asked. If so, try to courteously ask how (if) the scheduler might aid in arranging travel with other (trusted?) workers, and whether that worker has any information on decent hotels, beforehand. (2) You may be asked if you can work overtime, without notice. Ask which type jobs are more likely to require this, if you can't stay past 8 hours. (3) Slightly mentioning a familiarity with using drills, drill bits, levels, etc. might lead to getting chosen over employees well-experienced but without those skills. (4) Do you read POG's (Plan-O-Grams)? - Usually this refers to shelving heights movement and products to be discontinued and/or reset. However, electronic items POG's require some blueprint reading. (5) If asked how you resolved "problems" with personnel in the past, always speak of the issue itself, and not the personnel. (6) 65% of positions only require ability to stand, bend, and sit on floor throughout 8 or more hours while you interpret the type-written lines of fine print to match with stock numbers - that may not be listed on the products! (Check with manager before you begin the job on whether these numbers match!) Research online to learn beginning vocabulary for retail merchandising. You may get an edge if you have a portable printer & laptop, if you're team lead is willing to take any assistance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – SASr has no history of offering negotiable hourly pay. It is always set ahead. If you feel you can, you might kindly inquire of extra gasoline pay on jobs where you are needed badly, or if the mileage is over 40 miles, but this is usually set ahead as well. You are responsible for finding people to travel with and hotel arrangements. Note that the company has limits on your travel reimbursement. Most jobs may not require travel. The main requirement is an able body that can bend frequently, stand for hours, climb a small ladder, and place the correct products as read from the instructions (POG's). Given those requirements, if you speak calmly and clearly, you will be sent the email with the website connection to get started. If they need carpentry-type people immediately - there may be a way to somewhat expedite your application.

Team Lead Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Set and Service Resources in May 2010.

Interview Details – all done on line very easy and quick

Interview Question – your experiance   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiated travel exspencise

Resetter Merchandiser Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Set and Service Resources.

Interview Details – Easy, I'm guessing because no one will stay from not getting paid in a reasonable amount of time.

Negotiation Details – there is none.

Merchandiser
Livingston, KY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Set and Service Resources in February 2013.

Interview Details – Everything was done over the internet. I have never met an SASR employee in person...they are headquartered in North Carolina.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All jobs are contracted through other companies and pay rates are usually scale.

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Set and Service Resources in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. I had more than enough experience in retail for the position. I was sent the hiring paperwork through email. Needed to have the I9 work authorization notarized. Sent it in and began work.

Negotiation Details – None.

Field Representative Interview

Field Representative

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Set and Service Resources.

Interview Details – I was never interviewed by anyone. I applied and several months later, I was called and asked if I would go and complete a job that was near me.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Set and Service Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Set and Service Resources interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Set and Service Resources employees and interview candidates.