Seton Healthcare Family Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.9

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Seton Healthcare Family (Round Rock, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Online process delays hiring. After you apply online they do update your status frequently so you know if you weren't selected for the position. You can apply for multiple positions at once. Recruiter contacts you for the interview which is conducted by the department manager. Then human resources makes the offer.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were criticized?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Seton?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement in your career?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of an interpersonal conflict you had and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • If your peers were to use three words to describe you what would they say?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seton Healthcare Family.

Interview

I was initially contacted for a phone interview in which the department supervisor "filled me in" on what the job entailed. If the supervisor believes you are a good fit for the department, he/she will schedule an in-person interview. The interview will then consist of a set of questions:
    1. How do you communicate with your supervisor?
    2. How do you handle stress?
    3. How do you handle conflict?
    4. Tell me about an example of when you did not agree with department policy?
    5. Describe an incident in which you went above and beyond of what was required.
    I interviewed at different sites and found the questions to be the same.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Seton Healthcare Family.

Interview

I applied online and the hiring manager contacted me directly. the phone interview takes around 30 mins.They value candidate's healthcare background very much.I got the result from hiring manager 5 days later.

Graduate Nurse/OR RN I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Seton Healthcare Family (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Systemic questions were asked from a paper. These made every applicant equal and made the playing field fair. They asked about where I saw myself in 5 years, a difficult situation that I had in the clinical setting and how I handled it.

Department Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Seton Healthcare Family (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I recently interviewed one on one with the Department head. The interview was very casual, asked the normal expected interview questions. I was in the interview for about 10 minutes and was told they have two more weeks of interviews, then they would be back in touch.

Residency Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Seton Healthcare Family (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied and was given an initial phone interview within about 2 weeks. That went well and was followed up with a one-on-one interview which also went great and was told their would be a third round with a group of doctors. Within about another week that interview was set up and again went great. Each time nobody offered or gave business cards so I was at the mercy of the admin who attempted (poorly at that) to help. No communication from anyone after that third interview. Here I am have wasted a crap load of hours for their THREE interviews and they don't even have the courtesy to call or at least email me to say thanks but no thanks. Seriously unprofessional residency program.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Interview

Went to a job fair. They were pretty cool and direct. Got a call within a week and scheduled an onsite interview. Received an offer shortly thereafter. It took close to 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• None really. Just want to see if you have what it takes to deal with various types of personalities.   2 Answers

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Seton Healthcare Family.

Interview

call, interview offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was not one

Customer Service Representative Senior/Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Seton Healthcare Family (Austin, TX).

Interview

I met with three managers for my initial interview. I thought it went pretty well. They asked me a lot of questions, and I asked plenty, too. They were easy to talk to, and my experience impressed them. I got a phone call about four hours later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• This was on a questionnaire they gave me: "What is the least amount of money (per hour) you are willing to accept?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the "least amount of money I was willing to accept" I was able to negotiate my benefits starting immediately instead of thirty days later. After ninety days I negotiated a pay raise.

Pharmacy Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seton Healthcare Family.

Interview

Very easy interview process in that they help put you at ease and you aren't tensed about the actual interview. I received an e-mail asking when I wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview in itself was very short and I wasn't asked too many questions. It was mainly a phone to ask if we can have a sit down interview with two other individuals. I had the option of another phone interview because I lived out of town; however, I chose to go in and see them. This step also did not feel like an actual interview. They asked me questions and I was able to ask them questions. However, it just felt like a couple people getting together and chatting. All in all, the interview process was very easy. I received a call that week saying that I had the job and will be called soon by someone in HR. The process was very slow after that, I think it was like two weeks before I received an official offer. That was probably the most stressful part of the recruitment process.