Seton Medical Center

2.6

Staff Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Seton Medical Center.

I had an interview a long time ago... but the questions that were asked of me were fair and appropriate. I did have experience as a student at the facility before interviewing for a job, so my work was already known to the director of the department. I was able to meet with the staff as well. And this is a standard for the department I work in. After you meet the director, you also get to meet the staff and ask questions of them (and answer their questions, too, of course!). Its nice because they are the people you will ultimately spend your day with. The director is always out and about and seen much less often.

Interview Questions
    • I think that one question was "what will you do if you are not offered this position?"...   View Answer
    no negotiation. I was hired, and I started as soon as my license was granted. Until then, I worked in the department in my previous job role.

Respiratory Care Practitioner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Seton Medical Center in August 2013.

Endless emails with (now eliminated) Respiratory Director, with a recruiter, and finally a panel interview. This process was pretty unprofessional. Endless emails to follow-up with people who said they would do one thing, and then did another. I wanted to the position as it was conveniently located to somewhere else I needed to be when not working, so I took it thinking it "wouldn't be that bad." Seton Medical Center has long had a terrible reputation, but I was told that it was changing/had made significant improvements. The person that told me this quit a week after I was finally offered a job offer from them. I can only imagine the process is easier to get hired now - considering they let their Respiratory Director and Respiratory Manager go.

Interview Questions
    • Do not recall. The interview was incredibly long for the reality of the job you will actually be doing. The whole process was totally disconnected from reality - it felt surreal. They made it seem like they were cutting edge, which is anything from reality.   View Answer
    The offered me a position at a certain rate and then reduced it after I accepted the offer.

Call Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Seton Medical Center in April 2013.

Interview was very simple and straight forward. I was asked the average interview questions. Took a spelling and listening test, and then was told the compensation and was hired 2 hours later

Interview Questions
    • The listening test was much much harder than I expected it to be   Answer Question

Patient Access Represenattive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Seton Medical Center in November 2009.

Had a good interview. They asked me about my exprience and how it related to the position. Then they told me about the duties on the job and I was hired the next week.

Registrar Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seton Medical Center.

The HR recruiter's technique in finding talent is very personal and straightforward. I liked the ease of sending my cover letter and resume via e-mail and getting a phone response almost the next day. The recruiter made it a point to get to know who he was recruiting, yet he was not the one interviewing.

In the actual interview, which was set in a conference room, the director of the department and two supervisors took turns asking some questions. The tone of the interview set a family style kind of atmosphere. They were genuinely interested in getting to know me and my background, rather than just sticking to a few typical interview questions.

All in all, I felt very welcome just by stepping foot in the conference room.