SevOne Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.7

SMART Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SevOne.

I applied the position in college career fair. Got reply in a week. The first round interview is online assignment. It requires to be finished within 2 hour. You need to ssh to the company's server, and follow the steps in the cpp file. Everything is cpp coding question. I was stuck at the first problem, can't pass the auto test, I don't way. However, I finished all the problems within two hour. I need to frequently scp my file to the server to compile, because the testing .o file is on the server and it has built in libraries, so that I can't test locally. I would highly recommend using graphic ssh software, that may be helpful during the test.

Haven't received feedback yet.

SMART Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SevOne in January 2015.

I gave my resume in the school career fair, then their HR contact me to finish a online test based on SSH,C++, Linux. after that will have a phone interview talking about some projects and your experience and technical questions

Interview Questions
    • difference between C++ and Java, **char, input data from .csv file then sort them based on the attributes. most are C++ questions   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SevOne.

HR contacted me via email to schedule a phone interview. The scheduling process took about two weeks. The phone interview was easy, about 30 minutes or so. The HR girl was pleasant, the interview was going well. I did my research on what type of interview should i be expecting and i did not get surprised. Very standard interview questions.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SevOne.

Initial interview over phone, then in person. Met with hiring manager, technical lead and department manager.

Very informal interview, almost to the point of not being prepared or knowing what the role actually entailed on their behalf. Overall thought it went well with the informal format. No really complex questions.

Followed up a couple of weeks later asking if they went in different direction, filled position or if something was lacking on my part, which met with no response.

After a few weeks saw the same job posting with slightly different description and attempted another follow-up with the same, no response.

Interview Questions
    • If you have to design a system from the ground up, how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SevOne in August 2014.

I actually did not formally apply for this position. I was contacted by the head recruiter on LinkedIn. I was curious to see what was out there, so I replied with my resume. The initial phone interview went well. The first coding test they sent me was also quite easy. They told me they were looking for senior guys, so I assumed back-end coding would be a big part of the position.

But about 10 minutes into the second interview with the lead developers, I realized that the live coding exercises we were doing were mostly centered around front-end technology. So I asked if this position was for front or back-end, and they replied they were seeking a front-end person. I told them that my background was mostly back-end (my resume lists all back-end accomplishments for my current position of five years) so I'm not sure how thoroughly my resume was looked at.

Great set of guys, and they seem really smart, but I feel in my case, I was not properly matched to the position that was available. I wish them the best of luck on filling the position with a talented front-end developer, but that's not where the majority of my experience and interest is. This is especially frustrating for me, since this is my very first interview in over 5 years. I'm left feeling a bit stupid.

To their credit, the idea of a live coding interview on google hangouts is pretty cool. One critique is that even though it's open-book, it effectively isn't because it is live and people are waiting for your answers. So I felt a bit pressured to give an answer right away without looking much up. They said people usually struggle on the first test and do well during this test. I felt it was exactly the opposite!

Sales - Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SevOne.

I was called by the HR Recruiter. I had a few phone interviews and met the hiring manager in person. I had 10 minutes with him and he got called away on an important phone call. I left and two days later, was given the job by HR.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest accomplishment was the most engaging question of the in person interview. I guess I made a good impression because I was hired.   View Answer
    When offered the job, I was told there would be no negotiation. Take it or leave it attitude. The benefits and pay seemed to be fair so I accepted. I'm regretting it now.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SevOne in July 2014.

first round was a phone interview which was very pleasant. second round was with my director and supervisor, this was also very pleasant. not formal at all, which i liked... in fact near the end of my interview we all ate ice cream.

Interview Questions
    • it was obvious my director was very technical, which was refreshing. he posed questions regarding routing protocols i hadn't thought about in some time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SevOne in July 2014.

Just some background questions were asked. The projects you did in the past. How do you know about the company. He told me some things about the company as well.
    And after that, he ask me to a online test , you can choose the time after the phone chat.

Interview Questions
    • The hr was nice. All the questions are quite easy for you to answer, no technical questions were asked. Only be sure that you familiar with your project.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SevOne.

You begin with a phone call with a recruiter about your resume and to see if your interested in the positions and your background experience to see if you are a good fit for the company and the position. Then if they are interested they will conduct a onsite interview where they will ask you more in-depth situation questions and background questions with a assessment to see where you are at. If everything goes well and you do well on the exam they will either hire you or not.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SevOne in June 2014.

Phone interview with basic questions such as why you want to work here, past experiences and where do you see yourself going at the company or in the future.

One in person interviewing spanning an afternoon and meeting with several team leads and a few people chosen at random that I would be working with.

FInal interview over lunch. Discussed interview process, the opportunity and some broad stroking personal questions. Offered job and began negotiations. Settled on details before the check was brought.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was more about how do you problem solve. No question was provided or problem to solve and as such, I had to give a very broad answer and dive into several scenarios that I have dealt with and how I solved them. Some involved deep personal research but admitted that on one occasion I had to utilize a consultant. To me, this question was to evaluate thought process and how I grew professionally and personally from it.   Answer Question
    Negotiated salary, bonus, PTO(Usually prorated for when you were hired in year), work location(home/office). Strictly over lunch.